TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Ordered a 2013 Shelby GT500

Snoopy49

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions.

Now that I have ordered the car, can I track the order on-line?

Is the factory car cover worth the money or should I go with and aftermarket cover?

Is there anyway to turn off the viewing of member signatures? Slow internet connection.

Performance White with Black Stripes, SVTPP and car cover. :D

Thanks

Earl

I have already arranged to be at the dealership when the car arrives so I can document the event. It looks like it may be a couple of months before it's arrival. It will probably take me that long to make room for it in the garage.

you can afford a Shelby but not a good internet connection?? :poke:

congrats and welcome

That's what I get for not living in a big city.

Not everyone who buys a Shelby is rich, some of us are willing to do without somethings in order to get the thing or things we really want.

Now that I have ordered the car, can I track the order on-line?

I just got off the phone with SVT Performance and was told that there was no way to confirm order on-line. So that question is answered. They were able to confirm that the order was in process.

ford doesn't have an online tracking system for consumers. wish they did. GM actually has that which kudos for them. Right now without a VIN your order is just in the order bank waiting to be pulled. Give it a few weeks then ask your dealer. eventually when they pull the order your dealer will give you a VIN then the fun begins...

Not everyone who buys a Shelby is rich, some of us are willing to do without somethings in order to get the thing or things we really want.

+1...LOL...I also "do without" many things to get the cars I want, so I understand exactly what u mean. Cant go wrong with white/black stripes, and will look great with the dark-colored svtp wheels!!(also, imo, the cover isnt worth the money)

After reading your post plus a couple other posts concerning the factory car cover, I decided to get a hold of my dealer and have him remove the cover from my order. Now I just need to find a decent cover that is dust and water resistant.

Thanks for the input.

Same here. I do without everything I can in order to get my stangs! :)

Archived