TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Trim and Signatures. Whatcha gonna do?

Madlock

2013 Airbag Cover Signatures  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you intend to do?

• Install my signed airbag in my 2013 despite the finish mismatch.
    • Remove my airbag cover and store or put it on display elsewhere.
    • Replace the entire 2013 instrument panel trim with matching 2011/12 pieces.

Having seen a retail 2013, I can confirm a new and different textured dash finish. No more dimples or polka dots - it's now a less metallic-looking tight weave pattern. For those 2011/12 owners with signed airbag covers and given the lack of future CS signatures there's definitely a dilemma.

What do any 11/12-13 traders plan to do? Are you planning to pull your airbag covers and stuff 'em to put on display or, presuming the individual components haven't changed size, do you intend to re-finish your 2013 interior with matching 2011/2012 components from the parts desk?

I'm going to retro fit mine to match the finish from my 2012. I just want to have the mans signature on the car.

You are brave, I couldn't do it. But hey I can understand.

Well, the point for me is that having the dash signed by the man is just too cool....having it there far outwieights the minor difference in the finish of the dash trim pieces. Now, if modifications were any more than taking off the 3 or 4 finish panels and swapping them, I may nor do it.

I have a signed 10 cover for my 11. However, if I sell the 11 for a 13 or 14, I'll leave the real thing for the used buyer and get the computer signature for the new one. Everyone knows CHS couldn't have signed a retail 2013 GT500...

Brave? It's just replacing a couple of trim pieces and swapping them in from the 2012...other than the finish, they should be the same. Why do you think that would ruin it?

I'd have to see it. The theory sounds great the way you say it, in practice, it could be much different. When I said ruin I guess that was more relative to how I view it. The concept seems extremely queer to me. If it does stack up and fits like a puzzle perfectly, it sounds great, but I'd have to see it. You are brave because it hasn't been done yet. Also, I don't want to mod my car whatsoever, if I did, I would have bought a 5.0

Not that they are bad, just more fun to mod and cheaper.

If the dash stacks up great, I'd love to see the pictures, conceptually I don't like it though.

I have a signed 10 cover for my 11. However, if I sell the 11 for a 13 or 14, I'll leave the real thing for the used buyer and get the computer signature for the new one. Everyone knows CHS couldn't have signed a retail 2013 GT500...

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, as opposed to changing out the dash on a new car, but I can appreciate the enthusiasm of some.

Archived