TEAM SHELBY FORUM

real SGT?

SGT3477

I would say its real... Someone would have had to have gone through a lot of trouble to make a clone. The scoop and the hood pins (see the rust around the pins from using the wrong screws) are the real deal, I bet the previous owner kept the dash plaque as a souvenir.

I would say its real... Someone would have had to have gone through a lot of trouble to make a clone. The scoop and the hood pins (see the rust around the pins from using the wrong screws) are the real deal, I bet the previous owner kept the dash plaque as a souvenir.

I agree, the looks like the FFRP exhaust too.

No dash plaque and no under-hood tag, but there are some other things - the hood scoop would be hard to come by. The "modified by Shelby" sticker seems OK too. FRPP CAI, side stripes. Hood pins can't be obtained unless you have evidence of loss on an existing car. (And it looks like it was rode hard and put up wet.) It wouldn't be worth anyone's effort to put so much into making it look like a GT and then drop it for 26K. My guess is dash plaque was kept as a souvenir.

The only way to tell on this one is a VIN check by Steve.

Archived