TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was at a little local show today and there was a guy with a bone stock 2013 there so I figured I'd snap a couple pictures of the lower grill block off plates for those of you wondering how they mount. The side of the heat exchanger extend forward about an inch on each side and has holes for the block off plates. Actually, they aren't exactly just block off plates. They are angled in there to direct the air towards your brakes. It looks like some kind of filter/cooler back there and a guy standing by the car is the one that told me those are to cool the brakes.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Amigo...how did they leave the brake ducts on there? I always read that they had to be removed...did they cut off some of the tabs on the back of the lower grille?

Mi amigo ....I didnt have to do that. The grilles fits pefectly unless for me........

Mi amigo ....I didnt have to do that. The grilles fits pefectly unless for me........

Well, THAT does it. I was hesitant to get the new grilles because of the brake duct issue. I *thought* I could probably use a little gray matter and keep them in but "my friend" just confirmed that!

Gracias mi amigo!

Tu amigo,

Phillipe

Well, THAT does it. I was hesitant to get the new grilles because of the brake duct issue. I *thought* I could probably use a little gray matter and keep them in but "my friend" just confirmed that!

Gracias mi amigo!

Tu amigo,

Phillipe

You are welcome mi amigo Phil....we have to ride Harley someday...

Grilles are re-installed again.......

:hysterical3:20121014_140048_zps60a5816d.jpg

The sweetest GT500 SS! Love your car Jorge! Such a beauty and the only white I like better than my white Shelby. Love that you kept the brake hole brackets as it looks more complete. When I installed my 13 grills, I had to cut them out for the grill to snap in to place properly. I wish I could have kept mine and instead I painted everything black with East Wood radiator black spray that I could see. I am still happy, but love seeing the way yours came out so beautiful!

post-36622-0-03026500-1350876163_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-00441900-1350876190_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-58030100-1350876239_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-90328000-1350876298_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-03026500-1350876163_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-00441900-1350876190_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-58030100-1350876239_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-90328000-1350876298_thumb.jpg

The sweetest GT500 SS! Love your car Jorge! Such a beauty and the only white I like better than my white Shelby. Love that you kept the brake hole brackets as it looks more complete. When I installed my 13 grills, I had to cut them out for the grill to snap in to place properly. I wish I could have kept mine and instead I painted everything black with East Wood radiator black spray that I could see. I am still happy, but love seeing the way yours came out so beautiful!

Thanks mi amigo Les....your looks better.... :worship:

When I installed my 13 grills, I had to cut them out for the grill to snap in to place properly.

Same. No idea how he was able to keep the brake ducts in there. The lower portion of the 13 grill was hitting the brake duct part when trying to snap in the tab that is right there. I had to basically cut the brake duct part only leaving about 1/4" of material above the opening that the grill tab goes in. That allows the lower portion of the grill to slip in over the top of the remaining brake duct portion and use that tab

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't take any pics from the back. I pretty much just trimmed down the grille so it would fit with enough room for the mesh. Then I cut the mush out, bent it around the openings from the back, and used black silicone to glue it on. I got the mesh from customcargrilles.com.

Archived