TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

.....and they look great. The only issue is that I have to do something with the brake ducts spigots which are visible in the two outer openings.....

Mike R. from Tousley Ford answered about this saying: Both Steve and myself do not believe there are any additional pieces that go behind that panel. I do not see any GT500s here; Once I see one, I'll take a look. We do not see any additional parts in the catalog.

I am considering installing the Brake Duct Bezel (2007-2009)......let's see.......here are the pictures...

BTW I just installed the Truecarbon hood. It fit perfectly without any adjustments being done. The only that I had to do was cutting the plastic box (1 1/2") around of the air filter in the JLT CAI because it was touching the hood causing a little bend......now is great!!

post-33685-0-08413600-1337954797_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-08413600-1337954797_thumb.jpg

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the brake ducts spigots part of the new lower assembly/grille or are they on all of our cars?? And do you know if the '07-'09 brake duct bezel is a perfect fit?? I think I like the new look ........DAMN!

[They are in our cars. Mine is 2012. About your last question: No, I dont know...here is a picture about you asked...post-33685-0-82283000-1337963032_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-82283000-1337963032_thumb.jpg

How long did it take for you to get them? I ordered mine last Friday and nothing yet. I was going to cut out the brake duct section but I'm thinking that maybe I'll paint mine black like yours, install the brake duct kit, but instead of the bezels, install black mesh behind those two openings.

Are the brake ducts spigots part of the new lower assembly/grille or are they on all of our cars?? And do you know if the '07-'09 brake duct bezel is a perfect fit?? I think I like the new look ........DAMN!

On my 2010 GT500.....

Phill

post-26522-0-02526100-1337970720_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-30134600-1337970736_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-57053500-1337970763_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-02526100-1337970720_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-30134600-1337970736_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-57053500-1337970763_thumb.jpg

Looks great!!! Couple of questions. Where did you purchase it from? Can I place the order online? What did you pay total for everything?

Thanks in advance.

I answer mi amigo. I got from Tousley Ford, MN. Great service and excellent prices. Call them and ask for Mike R. I paid $366.92 for both + shipping,..

How long did it take for you to get them? I ordered mine last Friday and nothing yet. I was going to cut out the brake duct section but I'm thinking that maybe I'll paint mine black like yours, install the brake duct kit, but instead of the bezels, install black mesh behind those two openings.

I had ordered them long tme ago and when (tousley Ford) got them, they notified me and shipped right away.....

I answer mi amigo. I got from Tousley Ford, MN. Great service and excellent prices. Call them and ask for Mike R. I paid $366.92 for both + shipping,..

Thank you for the quick response Amigo and again your car looks great... Like the new hood as well.

Hello Amigo, NICE!

Your front end will be killer when the splitter will arrive.

I guess so....i can't wait....My guy in Tousley Ford is keeping the eyes open. So when I get it will be sent to have cf.........

Thanks for posting the pictures as I ordered these front grills to from Tousley Ford last week and Mike said I should have them on Tuesday. The cool thing is my car is white as well, so I REALLY got a good preview. Looks great and I am happy with my choice!

Someone stated that you painted the brake spigots? Aren't they already black plastic? Just checking.

Thanks for posting the pictures as I ordered these front grills to from Tousley Ford last week and Mike said I should have them on Tuesday. The cool thing is my car is white as well, so I REALLY got a good preview. Looks great and I am happy with my choice!

Someone stated that you painted the brake spigots? Aren't they already black plastic? Just checking.

Yes. they were black because is part of the bumper....and were painted in black

[They are in our cars. Mine is 2012. About your last question: No, I dont know...here is a picture about you asked...post-33685-0-82283000-1337963032_thumb.jpg

Thanks Amigo -- I checked out your other thread too. Your car looks great .......... I guess I will be doing this!

On my 2010 GT500.....

Phill

Thanks Phil..........did you have a thread on doing it to our '10's ??

yes, very easy.........

Thanks for posting the pics Amigo! That turned out great. You and 2sharpie have two of the most distinct GT500's out there!

I remember reading somewhere that the grilles were a major pain to remove and not a simple pop-out task. I think it was from someone that put in a heat exchanger and had the front end cover off. It'd be great if they simply pull out.

Yes. they were black because is part of the bumper....and were painted in black

I saw your other thread. Thank you for posting this and preparing me. Since my Shelby is white also, I will go your route and paint these "bracket with holes" flat black. Did your guy prep those before he painted? Sanding etc...?

In your other pics, looks like the 13 has a plastic piece back there that directs the air to the HE, I am betting since there is no part number for these plastic pieces that they are built into the bumper of the 13's just like the brake cooling brackets are built into the 12 bumpers...

I remember reading somewhere that the grilles were a major pain to remove and not a simple pop-out task. I think it was from someone that put in a heat exchanger and had the front end cover off. It'd be great if they simply pull out.

They don't simply pull out but damn near. A little pry here, a little pry there and POP!

Well, once you pull the front facia off the car they come out pretty easily. I don't think I'd try it without pulling the facia and the facia is cake to pull.

Phill

Thanks Phil..........did you have a thread on doing it to our '10's ??

No, I don't. But I did take some step-by-step photos along the way that I could post. They just show the progress rather than the proceedure. Kind'a hard to take a pic while using a die-grinder!

Phill

They don't simply pull out but damn near. A little pry here, a little pry there and POP! Well, once you pull the front facia off the car they come out pretty easily. I don't think I'd try it without pulling the facia and the facia is cake to pull.

Thanks Phill. I would also like to see some of the pics of the front cover removal that you mentioned to 2Sharpie.

I was thinking maybe we should just Plastic-Dip the area so we don't make a permanent mess....

Archived