TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys for the kind words and its a little hard on the wallet, but compared to the mods I have spent on my various Porshce 911 Turbos, its really not bad for the performance and enjoyment I get from this car! Hopefully I can pick up the car this week and post my impressions...maybe on a separate thread to keep this one on topic about the 13 grills.

Les

Yeah, I used the paint from Eastwood. I have a new heat exchanger coming soon too. I also cut out the brake ducts, the grille wouldn't fit with them still in there

Cool...I got the Eastwood radiator paint too. I'm confused...looks like the brake ducts are still there in the picture you posted. :headscratch:

Yeah, I used the paint from Eastwood. I have a new heat exchanger coming soon too. I also cut out the brake ducts, the grille wouldn't fit with them still in there

Looking good and I used the eastwood too. Made a world of difference on the radiatir and my CR/Revan HE! Also with out the block off plates the little aluminum fittings that go into the HE are visible and very silver. Make sure you hit those pieces too with the eastwood spray.

It looks great mi amigo...where did you get the hood? :yahoo:

Thanks mi amigo! Well a really nice guy traded me for my stocker straight up! My situation reminds me that there is still good in this world!

I'm confused...looks like the brake ducts are still there in the picture you posted. :headscratch:

Yeah, same here! I can swear I see the brake duct spigot on the left/drivers side in that pic.

OH, and for all of you doing this, the new '13 "backing plates" for the brake rotors are available from Ford Racing (fordracingparts.com under "New Parts"). They removed most of the OE backing plate and what remains protects the tie rod end, in lieu of the brake cooling ducts on pre-13 cars.

http://fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22955

It says "Each" but that's for a pair since there is no right and left listing (same as the COP covers that said "Each" but came as a pair).

Someone posted a pic of them from a magazine article, might be in this thread (can't remember).

HTH,

Phill

Cool...I got the Eastwood radiator paint too. I'm confused...looks like the brake ducts are still there in the picture you posted. :headscratch:

They were there when I took this picture. The lower grille would not snap in correctly with the ducts still in there. I have since removed the grille again and cut them out carefully with a hacksaw blade. Just took it out of the saw and used it by hand. Much better control than using a power tool, where i can make a mistake fast.

I am waiting for my new C&R heat exchanger, backordered!!!

They were there when I took this picture. The lower grille would not snap in correctly with the ducts still in there. I have since removed the grille again and cut them out carefully with a hacksaw blade. Just took it out of the saw and used it by hand. Much better control than using a power tool, where i can make a mistake fast. I am waiting for my new C&R heat exchanger, backordered!!!

Hi Pony23...okay...was just curious. So the brake ducts definitely have to go then. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I wouldn't trust myself with a power tool and the front bumper either...hehe.

Hi Pony23...okay...was just curious. So the brake ducts definitely have to go then. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I wouldn't trust myself with a power tool and the front bumper either...hehe.

You just have to be careful as one of the clips for where the grill snaps in can easily be cut when you remove the brake duct brackets. Just take it easy and you'll be fine.

Is anyone having the part number of the lower block off plates (at 150$)?

Thx

Hi PatrickShelby...I ordered them last week : DR3Z-8310-B. I believe the other is a "A"...I haven't gotten them yet...but if you call tousley, they would be able to tell you for sure. One is on backorder.

I should be receiving my grills this week as they charged my card on Friday and I was told he wouldn't charge it until they shipped out. Haven't received a tracking # yet though.

Anyways, is it safe to assume that the new lower grill has the mounting tabs for the (I'm guessing this is what it is) ambient temp sensor? Took my front clip off this weekend to pull the grills out so I could finish removing stripes that went under the grill area and thats when I noticed that sensor mounted to the lower grill.

On another note I can agree with everyone that the front clip is an easy job to remove/reinstall and I almost never work on my own car. Pulling the grills out was the hardest part and my finger tips still hurt.

Got mine installed this weekend and there is no clip for the temperature sensor. Also there is nothing on my 2012 for the block off plates to mount too. The block off plates will have to be modified to block of the inlet. Also they are not of the same textured plastic as the grill peices so they look kind of funny to me. It is alot of money for two basic peices of plastic that do not fit well. They just seem to be a poor design to fill the area. I will probably just leave them off. Everything looks fine in behind them.

I painted my HE clamps black, so everything is black behind the openings, and looks fine to me. It will also provide more air to the brakes with them open. I also added some "customcargrills" black powdercoated mesh in front of my radiator and HE after I painted them black with Eastwood Radiator paint. I posted some completed pictures of mine.

2012-07-29 21.18.13.jpg

2012-07-29 23.16.48.jpg

2012-07-29 23.18.52.jpg

2012-07-29 23.18.20.jpg

2012-07-29 23.19.12.jpg

2012-07-29 23.16.20.jpg

2012-07-29 21.18.13.jpg

2012-07-29 23.16.48.jpg

2012-07-29 23.18.52.jpg

2012-07-29 23.18.20.jpg

2012-07-29 23.19.12.jpg

2012-07-29 23.16.20.jpg

Hi PatrickShelby...I ordered them last week : DR3Z-8310-B. I believe the other is a "A"...I haven't gotten them yet...but if you call tousley, they would be able to tell you for sure. One is on backorder.

THANK YOU!

Got mine installed this weekend and there is no clip for the temperature sensor. Also there is nothing on my 2012 for the block off plates to mount too. The block off plates will have to be modified to block of the inlet. Also they are not of the same textured plastic as the grill peices so they look kind of funny to me. It is alot of money for two basic peices of plastic that do not fit well. They just seem to be a poor design to fill the area. I will probably just leave them off. Everything looks fine in behind them.

I painted my HE clamps black, so everything is black behind the openings, and looks fine to me. It will also provide more air to the brakes with them open. I also added some "customcargrills" black powdercoated mesh in front of my radiator and HE after I painted them black with Eastwood Radiator paint. I posted some completed pictures of mine.

THANK YOU TOO!

Archived