TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

Update:

Got the radiator, condensor, and CR HE coated with the East Wood. We also got the 13 front grills on the front bumper cover. Sent out the side markers to get a coat of tint and hopefully by Weds we should have the front end done with all the 13 parts installed, smoked side markers, and all of the visible pieces in black. Here are some of the pics from Sat.

post-36622-0-06963900-1342357597_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-26692000-1342357619_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-69219000-1342357631_thumb.jpg

Great job mi amigo Les..... ;)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome to hear evoviiiyou. I hope to eventually get my grilles and splitter installed once the heatwave is over. Any tips on the grille installation or bumper cover removal? Or is it pretty much straight forward?

Yes pretty straight forward, except for the outer tabs of the lower grill. To install, you have to cut out the brake/bumper support brackets that amigo posted and painted instead of cutting. Its easy to cut to much and render the last openings for the tabs useless, in an already semi-flexible situation. If you leave them and trim a little, you should have no issues. I decided to cut mine out as it looked so much cleaner as the brake/bumper support brackets seemed not belong. Everything else was a since.

Great job mi amigo Les..... ;)

Thanks mi amigo Jorge! Its coming together and prepped for your big gift! I cant wait...

Yes pretty straight forward, except for the out tabs of the lower grill to install you have to cut our the brake/bumper support brackets that amigo posted carefully. Its easy to cut to much and render the last openings for the tabs useless, in an already semi-flexible situation. If you leave them and trim a little, you should have no issues. I decided to cut mine out as it looked just so much cleaner as the brake/bumper sipport brackets seemed not belong. Everything else was a since.

Thanks for the additional tips on this evoviiiyou. The way this weather is...I might not install mine until fall. lol. Can't wait to see pics of your mods!

post-36622-0-36500100-1342536612_thumb.jpg

I see a throttle body and what looks like injectors. What's the shiny round thing on the bottom/left?

Picture isn't that great, at least on my computer.

Phill

The throttle body is beautiful looking.

That's the one I have. And they are JUST as purty in person as in pictures!

Phill

I see a throttle body and what looks like injectors. What's the shiny round thing on the bottom/left?

Picture isn't that great, at least on my computer.

Phill

Thanks and yeah Iphone4s camera is just ok. The silver round thing is a 2.4 pulley from VMP :-), also 72lb injectors and of course the crown jewel of any intake setup, the FRPP twin 65.

The throttle body is beautiful looking.

Agreed. I actually cannot believe how stunning it looks and feels! I guess for the price, it makes sense.

I know a little off topic, but here are some more goodies to add to my list of installations. Thanks BJ from VMP and Justin for the tunes! Cant' wait to get her done with all of the upgrades and 13 misc parts!

post-36622-0-36500100-1342536612_thumb.jpg

congrats mi amigo....

Nice. I jumped on the bandwagon about 5 minutes ago. Just got off the phone with Steve at Tousley. Said he has the uppers in stock but the lower is on backorder till Aug 16th. Doesn't think it will actually take that long but he's going to ship them out as soon as he gets it

Nice. I jumped on the bandwagon about 5 minutes ago. Just got off the phone with Steve at Tousley. Said he has the uppers in stock but the lower is on backorder till Aug 16th. Doesn't think it will actually take that long but he's going to ship them out as soon as he gets it

Great to hear 2nd2none. They are very nice. Eventually I'll get mine on. It seems a lot of times they estimate a time that is a bit longer than it actually takes - which is cool when they arrive much sooner than you expect!

Me too. I also just ordered the two lower block off grille plates today. One is on backorder however.

Definately post pics of the block off plates installed. I'm contemplating getting those, reattaching the brake duct bezels to the rear, and installing the brake duct kit.

Definately post pics of the block off plates installed. I'm contemplating getting those, reattaching the brake duct bezels to the rear, and installing the brake duct kit.

Sure, It might be a while of course - depending on when they arrive and when I get a chance to install them with the grilles.

Me too. I also just ordered the two lower block off grille plates today. One is on backorder however.

I tried to figure out and it was not way how to figure out to do it!! I asked to Mike to send me soe diagrams or graphics...

Evoviiiyou, were there some bolts way up inside the front end to get the front cover off? I thought I read it somewhere...around where the headlights are or so...not sure.

I actually had my installer take the front bumper off. Let me ask him if there were these bolts near the lights. I cant wait to see the front block off plates installed, as I am very happy with blacking out everything that is visible from those lower open side holes of the grill. Here is an earlier picture...

post-36622-0-13192400-1343106494_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-13192400-1343106494_thumb.jpg

I tried to figure out and it was not way how to figure out to do it!! I asked to Mike to send me soe diagrams or graphics...

Thats why I did not order them as I was not sure if we needed the actual 13 front bumper cover to install the block off plates. Looking forward to seeing a diagram. Also the TruFiber SS hood goes on tomm! Cant wait to see this car when I get back to Cleveland on Weds!

This is what I found for the front removal. Plan to attempt sometime this week because I need to get the grills out just to finish removing stickers that were extended underneath them. http://www.teamshelb...t-clip-removal/

Thanks 2nd2none - That thread is a blast from the past as they say...and what's funny is that I commented in it that it might come in handy sometime in the future! lol.

Hi Amigo - I'm assuming there is no place to attach it on our cars..I plan on mounting them to the back of the grille. Should be easy. I wish I could find a 2013 around here to actually look at and check out the front end.

I actually had my installer take the front bumper off. Let me ask him if there were these bolts near the lights. I cant wait to see the front block off plates installed, as I am very happy with blacking out everything that is visible from those lower open side holes of the grill. Here is an earlier picture...

According to the link 2nd2none posted, there's no other bolts besides the two on the top and the three fender well ones and the 9 on the bottom of the car.

Thats why I did not order them as I was not sure if we needed the actual 13 front bumper cover to install the block off plates. Looking forward to seeing a diagram. Also the TruFiber SS hood goes on tomm! Cant wait to see this car when I get back to Cleveland on Weds!

I'm going to figure something out somehow. Awesome to hear that your car in coming along quickly now. Most of all...that TVS is awesome - can't wait for your review on that.

Fellas, there aren't any hidden bolts inside the front end to remove it. Three inside each fender well, I think 8 or 9 across the bottom and 2 in the middle on the top. It's very easy.

Someone mentioned several pages back in this thread that it's harder to get the old grilles out then it is to get the front end off. That's very true.

One thing to note, when you have all the bolts taken out, you have to yank pretty hard on each end of the front by the side marker lights to get it away from the fender. You

won't break it, but it'll seem like you might. Once you do that on both sides, you can lift the front off...it feels like it weights about 20 lbs.

Fellas, there aren't any hidden bolts inside the front end to remove it.

Thanks Crushinator...appreciate the confirmation. I think i saw it on a video...about installing a heat exchanger that there were bolts up underneath the cover. Good to hear that's not the case on our cars. Would've installed the grilles today..but it's pouring down rain...dang.

Finally got my 2013 splitter installed today...just in time as a huge storm was heading my way when I was finishing up. Pretty much straight forward as many have said...only tip I have is to make sure you secure the middle section with all bolts before trying to get the first (inner) bolts into the two outer pieces. I struggled with it for a while as the bolts would not catch - but after I tightened all the middle piece bolts they went in.

Finally got my 2013 splitter installed today...just in time as a huge storm was heading my way when I was finishing up. Pretty much straight forward as many have said...only tip I have is to make sure you secure the middle section with all bolts before trying to get the first (inner) bolts into the two outer pieces. I struggled with it for a while as the bolts would not catch - but after I tightened all the middle piece bolts they went in.

Were you able to use your original bolts or did you have to get new ones?

Phill

Archived