TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

I noticed on several of the pics that most of you guys aren't removing the air deflector on the upper right grill or the two on the bottom grill.

Is that just an oversight or are you leaving them on intentionally? They're not there on the '13 and I'm assuming they're not needed

because of the large center air deflector on the upper grill. I noticed the two lower one's a kinda squished against the lower grill insert so

I took mine off. The upper on is pretty noticeable when comparing it to the '13 front end which doesn't have it.

I haven't taken a picture of my front end since painting the radiator or removing the air deflectors, but here's a before pic of what I'm talking

about...

IMG_1989a.jpg

Isn't that upper one actually the scoop that sends air towards the air intake filter?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that upper one actually the scoop that sends air towards the air intake filter?

It is on my 2010.

Phill

Makes sense to me, but I wonder why it's not on the '13. Obviously air's gonna get in there without it since it's wide open. Does it really need to be directed in? I don't know.

I just thought it looks stupid hanging there with everything else opened up.

My install is underway for my 12 Shelby. Planning on adding the 13 TVS, Elbow, VMP 2.4 pulley, VMP 93 tune, 72lb injectors, FR twin 65mm Tbody, 13 grills, 13 front splitter, and Bob's LED fog lamps. For cooling I went with the Revan CR dual fan HE and Roush over size resovoir. I just got done with applying a light coat of the Eastwood radiator paint and will be doing the radiator in the satin black as well to keep it dark looking in from the front. Here are a few pics and I will post more as the install comes along over the next week or so. Thanks to every ones information on this thread to get me going.

post-36622-0-13060100-1341690424_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-41305000-1341690599_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-83810500-1341690608_thumb.jpg

My install is underway for my 12 Shelby. Planning on adding the 13 TVS, Elbow, VMP 2.4 pulley, VMP 93 tune, 72lb injectors, FR twin 65mm Tbody, 13 grills, 13 front splitter, and Bob's LED fog lamps. for cooling I went with the Revan CR dual fan HE. I just got done with applying a light coat of the Eastwood radiator paint and will be doing the Readiator in the satin black as well to keep it dark looking in from the front. Here are a few pics and I will post more a the install comes along over the next week or so. Thanks to every ones information on this thread to get me going.

You'll have 2013 power level with those engine mods! Not only the front grille look... :happy feet:

I am needing a big favor from anyone. As all of you know that I changed the front grilles for 2013. I sold the 2012 ones. I need urgent a set of 2012 ones for maximum 3 months. Then I will return them. I will pah the shipping charges both ways so is a simple loan. Whoever can help on this matter PM or send me an email to jegdle@gmail.com and I will give an explanation of this request.

Thanks so much

Jorge

I am needing a big favor from anyone. As all of you know that I changed the front grilles for 2013. I sold the 2012 ones. I need urgent a set of 2012 ones for maximum 3 months. Then I will return them. I will pah the shipping charges both ways so is a simple loan. Whoever can help on this matter PM or send me an email to jegdle@gmail.com and I will give an explanation of this request.

Thanks so much

Jorge

I would gladly but I am overseas...

I noticed you live in Southern Florida.

You should find someone there, no problem, I have seen so many GT500 in FL and there are so many shops too...

Those who switched to the 2013 grilles....?

I would gladly but I am overseas...

I noticed you live in Southern Florida.

You should find someone there, no problem, I have seen so many GT500 in FL and there are so many shops too...

Those who switched to the 2013 grilles....?

This is what i thought but it looks that noboby is willing to do this favor for me....I bet that there are several 2012 grilles around...

This is what i thought but it looks that noboby is willing to do this favor for me....I bet that there are several 2012 grilles around...

I should have mine off this coming weekend when the rest of my parts come in for my overhaul. You can certainly may borrow mine, and PM me what the reason is for them...you have me curious.

Thanks,

Les

I should have mine off this coming weekend when the rest of my parts come in for my overhaul. You can certainly may borrow mine, and PM me what the reason is for them...you have me curious.

Thanks,

Les

Thanks mi amigo....PM is on the way!

My install is underway for my 12 Shelby. Planning on adding the 13 TVS, Elbow, VMP 2.4 pulley, VMP 93 tune, 72lb injectors, FR twin 65mm Tbody, 13 grills, 13 front splitter, and Bob's LED fog lamps. For cooling I went with the Revan CR dual fan HE and Roush over size resovoir. I just got done with applying a light coat of the Eastwood radiator paint and will be doing the radiator in the satin black as well to keep it dark looking in from the front. Here are a few pics and I will post more as the install comes along over the next week or so. Thanks to every ones information on this thread to get me going.

Sounds great evoviiiyou. Let me us know of any issues with the 13 TVS and how it turns out with the tune and such. I might be doing that to me in the near future. your car will be amazing after all of this work.

Sounds great evoviiiyou. Let me us know of any issues with the 13 TVS and how it turns out with the tune and such. I might be doing that to me in the near future. your car will be amazing after all of this work.

I will post pictures and a full write up of my install. Should be a simple tune for Justin at VMP as he has tuned this setup on his own car and a few other customers. I cant wait to see my white with stripe delete with new front end but the real treat will be the power upgrade! Should be my dream set up. Stay tuned.

Here's a tip guys. For 2013 Ford decided to add a structural part to the bumper below the lower grille. They claim it adds downforce. The 2013 lower grille is less rigid than the 2012 style so they added this piece. The bumper has to come off to put it on but IMO, it's worth adding if your using 2013 gt500 grilles. In the lower right of this pic you can see what I'm talking about.

bumperja.jpg

Here is the part #

5b3ecde4.jpg

5f92fecc.jpg

These part numbers will work to secure it. You need 6 of each. The clips are 100% exactly the right part. Finding the right bolts that go into them was tough because the dealer couldn't locate the part number. These bolts work but they are hard to go in. They do secure it though, just kind of tricky to get the wrench in on an angle to tighten them. More time consuming than tricky actually.

15a502ce.jpg

Can I ask y'all a favor? If you still have your 2012 or 2011 grill can you show me a pick of the back side of the lower piece? I'm confused about the whole brake duct thing........

Looking to see if there are nipples to connect the duct to. I'm guessing yes.........

So I would just need some bezels to clean up the whole cut in the front, correct?

Appreciate the help, I'm more visual ;)

Can I ask y'all a favor? If you still have your 2012 or 2011 grill can you show me a pick of the back side of the lower piece? I'm confused about the whole brake duct thing........

Looking to see if there are nipples to connect the duct to. I'm guessing yes.........

So I would just need some bezels to clean up the whole cut in the front, correct?

Appreciate the help, I'm more visual ;)

The brake duct spigots aren't on the grille, they're on the facia behind the grille. If you pull your lower grille, it's just flat at the area where I installed my SPP duct bezels.

I think Amigo posted a pic or two of the spigot and supporting member, that you can see in the facia with the grille out.

Phill

The brake duct spigots aren't on the grille, they're on the facia behind the grille. If you pull your lower grille, it's just flat at the area where I installed my SPP duct bezels.

I think Amigo posted a pic or two of the spigot and supporting member, that you can see in the facia with the grille out.

Phill

Thanks that makes sence to me.

Spigot--nipple :D I prefer nipple ;)

Where did you get the bezels? Does Shelby carry them?

If you are addressing me: Yes, mine are the Shelby brake duct bezels. The ones everyone says can't be installed on a 2010 or newer GT500.

And wouldn't ya know it? I just had to F-10 my computer and ALL of my photo's are gone!

Fawwwwwk!

Phill

If you are addressing me: Yes, mine are the Shelby brake duct bezels. The ones everyone says can't be installed on a 2010 or newer GT500.

And wouldn't ya know it? I just had to F-10 my computer and ALL of my photo's are gone!

Fawwwwwk!

Phill

I just looked at the Shelby site and they list them for up to '09.......but if you did it then I'm sure it can be done.

Sorry about your 'puter....

Sorry about your 'puter....

I'm sick about it. I didn't know it deleted all of my photo's until I went to get the ones of my duct bezels. I had YEARS of photos on my HD, many that weren't backed up and most I delete from my cam when I upload them to my HD.

I hadn't backed up in a year or more so most are gone.

GRRRRRRRRRR!

Phill

Update:

Got the radiator, condensor, and CR HE coated with the East Wood. We also got the 13 front grills on the front bumper cover. Sent out the side markers to get a coat of tint and hopefully by Weds we should have the front end done with all the 13 parts installed, smoked side markers, and all of the visible pieces in black. Here are some of the pics from Sat.

post-36622-0-06963900-1342357597_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-26692000-1342357619_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-69219000-1342357631_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-06963900-1342357597_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-26692000-1342357619_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-69219000-1342357631_thumb.jpg

Archived