TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

I didnt have thought about this. You are right....Two different types of plastic...

Hey Amigo,

Look at that forum here in teamshelby:

2013 Track Pack, Brake Cooling Ducts and Fog Lamp Delete

And you'll see that there is one version that blocks the sides of the lower grilles and another one (track pack?) that seems to have a radiator (oil cooler-s) behind a duct...

Definitely an optional plastic choice for two different pkg but no brake cooling ducts it seems...

I would guess you would be able to buy the block off plastic and then either leave them like that or have your brake duct bezels punched into them and then have functional brake cooling.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Amigo,

Look at that forum here in teamshelby:

2013 Track Pack, Brake Cooling Ducts and Fog Lamp Delete

And you'll see that there is one version that blocks the sides of the lower grilles and another one (track pack?) that seems to have a radiator (oil cooler-s) behind a duct...

Definitely an optional plastic choice for two different pkg but no brake cooling ducts it seems...

I would guess you would be able to buy the block off plastic and then either leave them like that or have your brake duct bezels punched into them and then have functional brake cooling.

Thanks mi amigo...I will check it...

Hmm I saw your car at the Shelby Tribute the other day. The 13 grill did look nice on your car. The hood looked nice as well, though I think I would have gone with the 45 degree slots. Nice setup though on your ride.

The 13 in the showrrom was nice, but lol at the 14,700 ADM they attached to it. !

The 13 in the showrrom was nice, but lol at the 14,700 ADM they attached to it. !

I heard there's a Dealer in Texas that has a $50K ADP on their 2013 GT500's.

The sad part is, he'll probably get it.

Phill

Hmm I saw your car at the Shelby Tribute the other day. The 13 grill did look nice on your car. The hood looked nice as well, though I think I would have gone with the 45 degree slots. Nice setup though on your ride.

Thanks......

Sorry to ask this if it has been answered. Can this be done on the car? Do the stock pieces come out and the '13 pieces bolt right in? I'm all for doing this as long as

I don't have to take the front end off.

You have to get to the backside of the grilles to remove them. I don't think it can be done with the front facia on the car.

It's *real* easy to pull the facia. A few screws in the wheelwells, two small bolts on top and pop the fenders out of the sides. Comes right off in your hands.

It's harder to pull the grilles out of the facia than it is to pull the facia off of the car.

Phill

Anyone having the Email address of Tousley spare parts dept?

I am overseas and would like to ask if they would ship those 13' over here...

thx

Do you have a APO?

I can't speak for Tousley but most US retailers won't ship overseas unless it's to a APO.

I'll see if I can find the e-mail I had from Tousley in my mailbox. It's been awhile so it'll be buried but I'll look (if I haven't deleted it).

Phill

Do you have a APO?

I can't speak for Tousley but most US retailers won't ship overseas unless it's to a APO.

I'll see if I can find the e-mail I had from Tousley in my mailbox. It's been awhile so it'll be buried but I'll look (if I haven't deleted it).

Phill

Understand.

Have part of family living in MIA...that would help if Tousley cannot ship overseas.

thx

Installed my grills today. The lower one wouldn't snap in along the bottom with the brake ducts there, so I cut them out. I'll look for the plastic pieces that the non track pack cars seem to have and mold the ducts into those. I'll probably also either paint the radiator and heat exchanger black, or put some black wire mesh in front of them. I love the open look over the honeycomb!

post-35881-0-53339400-1338772580_thumb.jpg

post-35881-0-76156000-1338772601_thumb.jpg

post-35881-0-53339400-1338772580_thumb.jpg

post-35881-0-76156000-1338772601_thumb.jpg

Installed my grills today. The lower one wouldn't snap in along the bottom with the brake ducts there, so I cut them out. I'll look for the plastic pieces that the non track pack cars seem to have and mold the ducts into those. I'll probably also either paint the radiator and heat exchanger black, or put some black wire mesh in front of them. I love the open look over the honeycomb!

That was that I thought to do as well......if you find some that looks fine please let me know.......BTW, your car looks great!

I'll probably also either paint the radiator and heat exchanger black, or put some black wire mesh in front of them.

Are you really able to just paint the radiator and exchanger? I would be worried if the paint would in some way hinder cooling to a point. I don't like the idea of putting mesh or something in front of them.

A company called Eastwood makes a paint specifically designed for radiators. It's much thinner and more like a dye than a traditional high heat paint. It's similar to what most manufactures use to paint their radiators or stencil them such as the Shelby / C&R Heat Exchangers.

A company called Eastwood makes a paint specifically designed for radiators. It's much thinner and more like a dye than a traditional high heat paint. It's similar to what most manufactures use to paint their radiators or stencil them such as the Shelby / C&R Heat Exchangers.

Thanks for that tip Jskup1...I'm familar with that company and get their catalogs from time to time.

Thanks mi amigo...I will find out.....I would paint only the radiator. I won't paint the HE since the SHELBY word is on it...

Standard engine paints are too thick for radiator use because they can interfere with heat transfer and block air flow between the cooling fins. Also, standard paint tends to flake off radiator tanks. EASTWOOD Radiator Black helps solve this problem. Durable Enamel formulation resists temperatures up to 250ºF, gas and chipping. One can covers 6 square feet (most radiators require 2 cans). Net wt. 12 oz $15 in amazon.com

post-33685-0-95484800-1338902794_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-95484800-1338902794_thumb.jpg

Paint it black and re-stencil the SHELBY in red?

Hmmm. In my case, maybe paint it Kona Blue with Shelby in White...To match my car. HMMMMMMM.

That would work with a dark color such as black or blue but not too sure about a red/white, orange/white, grabber blue/white, etc....

Phill

I didnt have thought about this. You are right....Two different types of plastic...

Cars with the track pkg. use the right hand opening to direct air to an engine external oil cooler + The left hand opening to a differential external oil cooler.

(The transmission cooler sits in frt. of the main radiator).

Were you able to do it with the front end still on the car? That's my main hangup about ordering these. I actually ordered them then cancelled the next day when I thought the front end had to be removed.

Had to remove the bumper, but it is SUPER simple. If you need any guidance at all, let me know.

I've posted that already...at least three different times.

Phill

I've posted that already...at least three different times.

Phill

I know you did Phil. Doesn't hurt to ask 4 times though. :shrug: Last time I'll ask. I promise. :petting:

I'll probably reorder them and just get it over with. I worry about everything not going back together prefectly though.

I'll probably reorder them and just get it over with. I worry about everything not going back together prefectly though.

No, seriously. It's really REALLY easy to pull that front facia. I remember the first time I did it and had to come back here and read how to a few times. Then once I did it, I've done it a number of times just because it's so easy to do. I did it to put my front brake cooling ducts on although most guys do that on the car.

Once I learned just how easy it is, NO hesitation to do it again...and again...and again!

And I do it the "long version" way. I pull the splitter and belly pan off separately.

Phill

Excellent to hear Phil! I take it then that there's a tutorial on how to do it? I'll have to look around and see if I can find it to review it before I do it. Now all I need is to have my lower sides and lower back end painted and

it'll look just like a '13. Of course, I still have to wait for someone to make replica taillights that fit.

I worry about everything not going back together prefectly though.

I always worry about breaking some plastic tab or something. Although...I've ripped apart my door panels, radio bezel and entire backseat interior when I upgraded the speakers and managed to get it all back together...so the front bumper cover should be much easier.

I think in a way - it's the thought of seeing something that you drool over most the time...suddenly lose it's front end appeal that is so unnerving! :o

Archived