TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

Thanks for posting these! I ponder now what if we dont run the 13 HE? I wonder if they will mount to the CR/Revan HE that I just added? Hmmm...looks like more RandD.

No problem Evoyiiiyou....sorry for taking a vacation from this thread! lol. I did update my post with much better pics...check them out. Sometime you will have to explain the meaning behind your username...hehe.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem Evoyiiiyou....sorry for taking a vacation from this thread! lol. I did update my post with much better pics...check them out. Sometime you will have to explain the meaning behind your username...hehe.

No worries and those pics help me with the part numbers! Thanks for doing that. Oh my username started in 2004 when I was a die hard EVO 8 guy. I just sold my 03 Terminator after getting pulled on the high way by an EVO and I put alot into my EVO 8 GT42R turbo, Nitrous to spool the big snail, everything you could think off. I guess it just stuck but obviously that car did not stay in my garage very long. Here are some pics of that ride and sorry if they are off topic.

post-36622-0-23947300-1346523750_thumb.jpg post-36622-0-87395900-1346523762_thumb.jpg post-36622-0-15928800-1346523774_thumb.jpg post-36622-0-27556400-1346523783_thumb.jpg post-36622-0-19658700-1346523792_thumb.jpg post-36622-0-08297100-1346523848_thumb.jpg

Hi 2nd2none...I know, know...just have had no energy lately to do things...I have the eastwood black radiator paint waiting too. lol. I'll get it done soon...while I didn't step up to a 3.6 KB...I also now have a FRPP 2.3 TVS waiting for installation! Excitement about that! Thanks for all the tips on the installation of the grilles. I hope to find a good place to mount the air deflectors and exterior temp sensor. Like you...I don't feel like pulling my front end off twice...more chance that something could break or go wrong.

Did you install the stripes yourself? I have to replace a small section of my stripes due to a rock chip. If you did it yourself...perhaps I could hit you up for some advice?

Looking forward to your pics!

If the FRPP TVS is anything close to the VMP TVS you'll be very happy. I did the swap because I got the KB for just a little more than I made by selling the VMP TVS, throttle body and JLT intake. Its also 50 state legal which was a big factor. Im still on the stock motor and 91 octane gas so I'm not pushing the KB anywhere near where it can go. Taking the front off the car isn't that bad but Its kind of a pain in the ass for me. I live in an apt so don't have room to work on it at my place so I have to use a friends house. Then I need to drive up on some 2x4s just to get my car high enough that I can get a jack under it and then I just put some 6" blocks of wood under each tire and lower it down. Really going to invest in some race ramps soon.

As for the stripes...I had a shop install them. When I had the stock stripes I had to replace a small piece on the rear bumper. I bought it from the dealer for about $120 and tried to do it myself by using a little soapy water and using a squeegee to get the water/air out. Needless to say, I jacked that all up and had to shell out another $120 for a new piece. The guy that did my tint job was nice enough to put the sticker on back than. This time I bought the stripes from Raceskinz and had a local tint/vinyl shop just do the install. They did the same method by using a bottle of water with a tad of dish soap to wet the area first and it came out great.

Heres some pics I just snapped.

P1000416.jpg

P1000417.jpg

Untitled.jpg

P1000424.jpg

P1000423.jpg

P1000420.jpg

Congrats mi amigo Les. It looks so great!

Thanks Jorge! The car is looking and performing really good with my new TVS and supporting mods. Thanks again buddy for the side scoops and hood! I will post some more detailed pictures when I get the car back this coming week and get a chance to detail her. Hows your SS upgrade coming?

No worries and those pics help me with the part numbers! Thanks for doing that. Oh my username started in 2004 when I was a die hard EVO 8 guy. I just sold my 03 Terminator after getting pulled on the high way by an EVO and I put alot into my EVO 8 GT42R turbo, Nitrous to spool the big snail, everything you could think off. I guess it just stuck but obviously that car did not stay in my garage very long. Here are some pics of that ride and sorry if they are off topic.

Nice evo...though not my style...still something to be appreciated. Thanks for the pics and the explanation on the username my friend.

That is strange...no time? He spends his life on forums (he is not only on TS!...)

:lol: My guess...13 year old kid that has a Justin Bieber haircut and no friends that sneaks onto mom's computer when she's not home.

If the FRPP TVS is anything close to the VMP TVS you'll be very happy. I did the swap because I got the KB for just a little more than I made by selling the VMP TVS, throttle body and JLT intake. Its also 50 state legal which was a big factor. Im still on the stock motor and 91 octane gas so I'm not pushing the KB anywhere near where it can go. Taking the front off the car isn't that bad but Its kind of a pain in the ass for me. I live in an apt so don't have room to work on it at my place so I have to use a friends house. Then I need to drive up on some 2x4s just to get my car high enough that I can get a jack under it and then I just put some 6" blocks of wood under each tire and lower it down. Really going to invest in some race ramps soon.

As for the stripes...I had a shop install them. When I had the stock stripes I had to replace a small piece on the rear bumper. I bought it from the dealer for about $120 and tried to do it myself by using a little soapy water and using a squeegee to get the water/air out. Needless to say, I jacked that all up and had to shell out another $120 for a new piece. The guy that did my tint job was nice enough to put the sticker on back than. This time I bought the stripes from Raceskinz and had a local tint/vinyl shop just do the install. They did the same method by using a bottle of water with a tad of dish soap to wet the area first and it came out great.

The Ford TVS isn't quite there with the VMP...as I don't want to push the car too much...but still....120HP more is going to be fine with me and I will be done with power mods...thanks for posting those pics...looks great. I too, want to remain emissions legal. I know the stripes can be a bit tricky to install..but I just keep telling myself...they're just stickers you're putting on your car...lol. Race Ramps are great! I have the short version and they are perfect for oil changes...although with the '13 splitter attached...they don't work anymore...but it's just three screws to remove the two outer pieces of the splitter and I am fine. So no biggie to do that.

Here is a finished pic of the 13 front transformation. Finally got the hood back from paint match and it looks awesome! Love the 13 front end and how it updates the car!

Tremendous!

I installed my grilles over the weekend... I must say, huge improvement, I love the look.

I agree... are you going to paint the radiator? I cringe at the thought of it..even though the Eastwood paint is made for that.

Its not actually the radiator that gets painted. Well, a little bit I guess but I believe its the AC condenser thats in front of the radiator that receives most of the paint for the upper portion.

Oh...I haven't had the front end off the car yet...that actually makes me feel better if it's just the AC condenser.

Looks awesome Evo... I love the look of white GT500s and I love the look of that '13 front splitter. I really want one except I think it would make my car too low (lots of speed bumps around here) and my front plate bracket probably isn't compatible :(

Looks awesome Evo... I love the look of white GT500s and I love the look of that '13 front splitter. I really want one except I think it would make my car too low (lots of speed bumps around here) and my front plate bracket probably isn't compatible :(

The '13 splitter is a nice complement piece to the car...I can't speak to speed bumps...but for the most part it isn't a problem...but I am still conscious about it when I encounter intersections...or enter parking lots, etc. You have to limit the suspension bounce when coming across those areas by slowing down. But it's something that I would never take off my car now..and if I scuff it up a bit..sandpaper takes care of it...and if I should happen to really wreck it..I'd just get another one...since it's not an insane price.

The '13 splitter is a nice complement piece to the car...I can't speak to speed bumps...but for the most part it isn't a problem...but I am still conscious about it when I encounter intersections...or enter parking lots, etc. You have to limit the suspension bounce when coming across those areas by slowing down. But it's something that I would never take off my car now..and if I scuff it up a bit..sandpaper takes care of it...and if I should happen to really wreck it..I'd just get another one...since it's not an insane price.

What are the splitters going for?

I'm thinking about it. Maybe stenciling out a "SHELBY" and paint everything but that. I have to say that I like it unpainted though, looks very raw.

I wouldn't do the "shelby" stencil...it's shelby/cobra logo emblem overkill IMO. For sure, the only time the unpainted look isn't so good is in direct sunlight. The radiator, condenser, heat exchanger sit a good bit back from the front edge of the grilles.

I wouldn't do the "shelby" stencil...it's shelby/cobra logo emblem overkill IMO.

The best one I saw, and what I'll do to mine if/when I put open grilles on it is the big SVT logo. The one I saw was Red SVT letters on Black radiator (same as the car, Black w/Red stripes) and I'll probably do my SVT in white on a black BG.

Phill

Thank you! It is certainly how I was invisioning it when I purchased the car! Could not be happier!!

sweet looking evoviiiyou. Now just have fun with that car!

Thats the plan my friend!

I wouldn't do the "shelby" stencil...it's shelby/cobra logo emblem overkill IMO. For sure, the only time the unpainted look isn't so good is in direct sunlight. The radiator, condenser, heat exchanger sit a good bit back from the front edge of the grilles.

Yeah, I saw either all black or keep it silver and raw. Looks great on Ratvan's Black Beauty!

Hey mi amigo Les........It looks great. Glad that I added something in that beauty!! Congrats!!

Thank you for the hood and the side scoops! Certainly came out better than thought it would...I am so happy. You are the best Jorge!

Archived