TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

I had to make some ramps to get it from my garage into the road. My garage sits 4 feet higher then the road, and even though it is 50 feet long, my spiltter would scrape. We don;t have curbing, but gutters to direct water flow, and it dips enough at the end of the drive way, coupled with the angle of my driveway, it was going to scrape.

I love the look though.

Ever see these?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/curb+bridge.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=3

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is pretty cool. Thanks for the info. I have bought from Groits for several years, but have never seen them.

I made something very similar to that out of 2 x 12's It is 22" wide and 4" in the middle. Mine is two peices, as I have to remove it. Glad i don't drive my car everyday. I live in a neighborhood with lots of trees and the road in front of my house slopes down, so with Florida rains it would clog very easy.

Race ramp makes some to assit with the issue too.

I cut up the block off plates trying to mount them, and hate it since they were $160.00 for two peices of cheap plastic. Just did not like the look of them. I prefer the open look.

Let me know what you think when you get yours and how you mounted them.

If you think about selling the block off pieces, let me know.

If you think about selling the block off pieces, let me know.

If someone could please save me 16 pages of reading what is the total parts cost for this upgrade. Looks fantastic!

page__st__20

post-36622-0-62366500-1344561183_thumb.jpg

This is for the top and bottom grills and the top does come with the Cobra emblem from Tousley Ford. I added two cans of Eastwood radiator paint which cost me $19.99 per can.

Hope this helps.

post-36622-0-62366500-1344561183_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My block off plates are scheduled to arrive today...I will post some pics in case anyone is still interested - overpriced plastic...I know, I know...but I would have wasted the money on something else anyhow. Hopefully...hopefully I'll try to get them installed next week with the grilles. We shall see what I can come up with. BTW..I am loving the '13 splitter. I can't ever imagine taking it off now.

My block off plates are scheduled to arrive today...I will post some pics in case anyone is still interested - overpriced plastic...I know, I know...but I would have wasted the money on something else anyhow. Hopefully...hopefully I'll try to get them installed next week with the grilles. We shall see what I can come up with. BTW..I am loving the '13 splitter. I can't ever imagine taking it off now.

Sounds great and I cant wait to read your install of the block off plates! Also did you get this?

post-36622-0-77813100-1345686960_thumb.jpg post-36622-0-84479700-1345686976_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-77813100-1345686960_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-84479700-1345686976_thumb.jpg

Sounds great and I cant wait to read your install of the block off plates! Also did you get this?

Hi - no, I didn't get that extra piece...it says it's for high speed stability...I don't actually need it. I don't go above 65MPH around here. I'm more about acceleration, than top speed.

Finally had a chance to get a good pic of mine today. Also added a new HE and painted it black.

2010GT50007.jpg

Hey I was debating powder coating my brake calipers red could you take some more pictures of your car from the side so I could see possibly? And make some close ups? But not too close (for example not just a picture of the wheel and no body panels)

I am torn either want to do red or blue. But I haven't decided what color theme I am going with for the car. Because I'm doing the shelby leather upgrade to get full alcentera seats and such but Idk if I want a blue theme or a red theme to go with black with black stripes. If I went red theme I'd probably have to change my black stripes to red too

I am torn either want to do red or blue. But I haven't decided what color theme I am going with for the car. Because I'm doing the shelby leather upgrade to get full alcentera seats and such but Idk if I want a blue theme or a red theme to go with black with black stripes. If I went red theme I'd probably have to change my black stripes to red too

Mi amigo I tried to send you a message and it says that you can't receive more messages.....

Come on post some pics of those block off plates and let us know how they mount!!!! PLEASE :-)

Come on post some pics of those block off plates and let us know how they mount!!!! PLEASE :-)

Sorry for the delay...have not been around much lately. Here's some quick pics...Nothing much to look at...about $10 max pieces of plastic. They are supposed to attach with the two plastic push pins along side the '13 heat exchanger. I still haven't gotten a chance to do the grille swap...just been feeling lazy lately.

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

I edited my original post with some better pics...the others were taken with an iphone since it was late last night and my real camera was out in my car...why can't Apple make a descent camera?

Sorry for the delay...have not been around much lately. Here's some quick pics...Nothing much to look at...about $10 max pieces of plastic. They are supposed to attach with the two plastic push pins along side the '13 heat exchanger. I still haven't gotten a chance to do the grille swap...just been feeling lazy lately.

You should get it down Burning Blue. I just finished the swap today. Feels so good to get the majority of the work done on my car. Kenne Bell 3.6LC package sitting nicely under my Super Snake hood. Just got the Super Snake stripes installed today as well as the 13 grills. I painted the front with Eastwood radiator paint and chopped out the brake ducts. If you get a nice sharp razor you can just slice through the plastic with a little effort. For now, I have the temp sensor just zip tied to the horn wiring harness which is right by that driver side opening on the lower grill. Didn't feel like pulling the front end off again to drill hose for a more permanent mount. I'll probably end up getting that little reinforcement piece for the lower grill as it does seem a little flimsy. For the upper grill, that push pin goes into a hole thats in the hood latch mechanism. When cutting the brake ducts out I think you have to cut it about an 1/8" above that tab opening. I initially didn't cut it that low but when I went to insert the grill it would hit the brake duct piece. Leaving about 1/8" will let the tab fit under the grill assembly piece.

Will try and get some pics tomorrow after I wash off the dried up soapy water from the stripe install.

Thanks for posting these! I ponder now what if we dont run the 13 HE? I wonder if they will mount to the CR/Revan HE that I just added? Hmmm...looks like more RandD.

Someone earlier posted how they drilled holes and attached the temp sensor to a piece of plastic that runs on the side of the HX. Perhaps thats where they attach. You'd have to drill holes though as there aren't any (at least on my 2010).

Don't you have a thread on that already?

You should get it down Burning Blue. I just finished the swap today. Feels so good to get the majority of the work done on my car. Kenne Bell 3.6LC package sitting nicely under my Super Snake hood. Just got the Super Snake stripes installed today as well as the 13 grills. I painted the front with Eastwood radiator paint and chopped out the brake ducts. If you get a nice sharp razor you can just slice through the plastic with a little effort. For now, I have the temp sensor just zip tied to the horn wiring harness which is right by that driver side opening on the lower grill. Didn't feel like pulling the front end off again to drill hose for a more permanent mount. I'll probably end up getting that little reinforcement piece for the lower grill as it does seem a little flimsy. For the upper grill, that push pin goes into a hole thats in the hood latch mechanism. When cutting the brake ducts out I think you have to cut it about an 1/8" above that tab opening. I initially didn't cut it that low but when I went to insert the grill it would hit the brake duct piece. Leaving about 1/8" will let the tab fit under the grill assembly piece.

Will try and get some pics tomorrow after I wash off the dried up soapy water from the stripe install.

Hi 2nd2none...I know, know...just have had no energy lately to do things...I have the eastwood black radiator paint waiting too. lol. I'll get it done soon...while I didn't step up to a 3.6 KB...I also now have a FRPP 2.3 TVS waiting for installation! Excitement about that! Thanks for all the tips on the installation of the grilles. I hope to find a good place to mount the air deflectors and exterior temp sensor. Like you...I don't feel like pulling my front end off twice...more chance that something could break or go wrong.

Did you install the stripes yourself? I have to replace a small section of my stripes due to a rock chip. If you did it yourself...perhaps I could hit you up for some advice?

Looking forward to your pics!

Archived