TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting ready to have Shelby build me a GTS, what to get, not to get?

lbj

The car has left for Shelby American.

Uhhg, now I have to wait til Friday when it arrives and see what Jeremy and Roger have to say about the transmission whine in gears 2, 3 and 4 at 2200RPM to 3000RPM.

It's loudest at 2500RPM.

If that sound isn't normal, I guess the Las Vegas Ford dealer will need to warranty it and do the transmission fix first because the 624HP build is gonna kill my warranty.

If the sound is not normal, there goes another 3 weeks tacked on my wait time while Ford addresses the transmission issue.

I swear, this stuff only happens to me.

It's all I can think about right now, fraught with worry, gnashing of teeth, obsessing as it were.

Car problems always do that to me and it's even worse since this is gonna be a Shelby soon.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LBJ, yours will be there tomorrow and I will have mine dropped of Monday morning. The went from no grabber blue GTS's to having two sitting in the qeue together! Luckily, they will still be way different builds. I hope your trans is alright or atleast gets warranty work done QUICKLY!

LBJ, yours will be there tomorrow and I will have mine dropped of Monday morning. The went from no grabber blue GTS's to having two sitting in the qeue together! Luckily, they will still be way different builds. I hope your trans is alright or atleast gets warranty work done QUICKLY!

Grabber Blues look great.

As far as the transmission, I really think it will need warranty work. That will put your build in front of mine, nothing wrong with that.

It says in the GTS brochure PDF that with the 624HP version, the side stripe gets modified to Shelby GT/SC and that I get a gauge cluster.

But it doesn't show me where in the car they are going to be installed.

On the A Pillar like the GT350s(?), though probably not.

On the dash in the middle on top? Somehwere else?

I think Jeremy said T pillar.

What the heck is that?

Maybe this is what he was talking about.

Gauges-1.jpg

All of the Shelby gauge clusters I have seen are the package you have pictured that go in the center of the dash, looks amazing in person! As far as mine making it in first... I wouldn't mind having the first grabber blue GTS, but I'd rather your car up not need repairs!

That's OK, you should get the first Grabber Blue GTS. I'm good with it. No problem with that on my end.

The package for my GTS build is really building a GT350 for the most part but called a GTS.

I just had to have Grabber Blue.

Jeremy just emailed a photo of the gauge package I get on mine.

It is not what I pictured in my last post.

They are going to pillar mounted like the current GT350s.

Gauges2.jpg

I'm good with that because I wanted a GT350 initially, just that Shelby American doesn't build a GT350 this year in Grabber Blue.

It's a win win though because I wanted a Shelby in Grabber Blue, and I absolutely love the looks of the deep draw hood more that the hood design of the GT350.

I also think the pillar mounts will work better for me.

I am 6 feet tall have the seat as low as it can go and still the rear view mirror partially blocks my view of any vehicle on my right at 4 way stops signs.

If the gauges had ended up under the rear view mirror on top of the the dashboard, I would have an even smaller field of vision looking for a car stopped on my right at the 4 way stop signs.

I think the pillar mounts a little avant-garde, but it may be best for me.

Theoretically, my Mustang GT should be dropped at Shelby American this afternoon.

I think I will call the truck at noon and see if he is close.

Maybe I will find about whether that transmission whine today as normal or not. It is bugging me again this morning and I don't even have the car.

The local dealer here told me it was normal but somehow I am not believing them.

If SA tells me it is normal, then I will feel better about it.

It's been back to driving my old 2004 BMW X5 Sport again. At 315HP in that 4.4L 6000lb vehicle, it feels like a snail.

I used to think it was fast.

My Mustang arrived at Shelby American today.

Jeremy and the production manager drove it and say that the sounds coming from the transmission are normal and all 2012s are that way.

They tell me once the Boria exhaust and supercharger go on, there will be so many sounds going on that the transmission whine will not be very noticable.

On with the build!

Turns out I have some added feature to my base GT where I have some sort of white and black Pony emblems on the interior panel of each door. I figure the build will put on a white gear shift lever to match.

I think I have everything covered now.

Here are the final build specifications for my 2012 Mustang GTS in Grabber Blue.

Final2.jpg

With all those cars you have, maybe you should take me for a ride.

Hmmm, I was thinking blue stitching on the seats.

The steering wheel has white stitching and I don't think SA does anything with the steering wheel.

Question or opinions needed:

Will blue stitching on the seats look odd with the existing white stitching on the steering wheel?

Geez, just when i think i have everything solved, now this comes up.

Does anyone know if the headlights on the GTS models are HID?

The GT I sent SA has them but when looking at the GTS literature, the front of the car is switched a bit as in the headlight/turn signal locations. HID headlights are not mentioned in the GTS literature.

I assume the cluster is switched out and wonder if if that switch out includes the HID headlights.

We are only up to GTS0038?

On one hand I feel great that we are members of an exclusive club of GTS owners. Great minds think alike!

On the other hand ... where is everybody else?

38 is what they said was the lowest number available. There may be higher numbers that were specifically requested. The other thing to remember is there are still numbers available for ten and under that require MORE money to get. So we might still be around 30 GTS reserved/built.

Hmmmm.

They will have 2 Grabber Blue GTS versions to build consecutively.

I wonder when we'll get them, end of September?

Hmmmm.

They will have 2 Grabber Blue GTS versions to build consecutively.

I wonder when we'll get them, end of September?

Oh Lord, I hope not that long, but I'm ready for it. I'm hoping mine will roll through a little quicker than past builds since it's a base build, but who knows!

After looking around the forum, it really does look like the 90 to 120 days is probably correct.

I have to be out in Las Vegas in September for business meetings, the timing might work for museum delivery then have it shipped home.

I think I need a driving course... not to learn to race it or anything but more to learn control it with all that HP.

I have never had anything like this before.

Where to go though.

Does anyone know if the headlights on the GTS models are HID?

The GT I sent SA has them but when looking at the GTS literature, the front of the car is switched a bit as in the headlight/turn signal locations. HID headlights are not mentioned in the GTS literature.

SA told me today that the headlights that came with the car will be the ones it leaves it.

I guess where I got confused was looking at the SA website brochure PDF. It shows pictures of a 2011 where the headlights are on the outside and the turn signals are on the inside.

I did realize Ford changed the 2012 styling to turn signals on the outside with headlights on the inside.

I figured from the brochure of the GTS model that shows the 2011 that my 2012 would get switched to look like a 2011.

Apparently I was wrong with my initial assumption.

Here is the final on the seat choice:

Seats1.jpg

And a photo of my existing door panels. Somehow the GT I sent has some odd factory package on it.

Notice the Pony and the stitching.

DoorPanel.jpg

Now the wait begins.

Thank you Jeremy for all your help and all the time you had to waste with all my phone calls the last 2 weeks.

I had a lot of questions and he always took whatever time on the phone I needed to wrap my head around things. He never rushed me. That was great.

I had a problem remembering what my GT interior stitching looked like and he went so far as to go out, find my car and send me photos of the interior so I could make an informed choice regarding the stitching color choices for the seat upgrades.

Thanks again, Jeremy, you were very helpful.

Now the wait begins.

Thank you Jeremy for all your help and all the time you had to waste with all my phone calls the last 2 weeks.

I had a lot of questions and he always took whatever time on the phone I needed to wrap my head around things. He never rushed me. That was great.

I had a problem remembering what my GT interior stitching looked like and he went so far as to go out, find my car and send me photos of the interior so I could make an informed choice regarding the stitching color choices for the seat upgrades.

Thanks again, Jeremy, you were very helpful.

I will second the thanks to Jeremy! He's been incredibly helpful. We'll also deal with Richard when the cars go into production. He's really helpful too!

The combo you chose for the seats looks awesome by the way.

I don't think I know Richard... yet.

I cannot seem to stop adding things that I think are necessary.

Hahaha, that is the problems with upgrading vehicles... it never stops! That is why I never did anything to my motorcycle, because once you do one thing, it just snowballs.

Hahaha, that is the problems with upgrading vehicles... it never stops! That is why I never did anything to my motorcycle, because once you do one thing, it just snowballs.

Yep, it become like an addiction or something.

Have you ever seen the movie American Graffiti?

In it, a nerd named Toad is tooling around after borrowing his friend's hopped up car.

He is cruising the strip and another car pulls up and a passenger in it says:

"Hey Toad, is that you in that beautiful car? Geez, what a waste of machinery."

I can see that happening to me.

lbj, how in the world did you get GTS stitched on the seat? It wasn't an available option when my car went through.

I went to this link:

http://www.katzkin2.com/shelby/SHELBY_SCS.html

As you work through that, you eventually get to a page where you turn on or off stitching and on that same page, there is a Shelby Logo part.

Archived