TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby memorial - any Dodge's coming???

While I do not have ALL the details right now, I can tell you that the "official" Carroll Shelby memorial will be nationwide simultaneously next Wednesday, May 30th at about 8:55 PM central. Each region will have its own memorial and the "main" memorial will be hosted by Jay Leno at the Peterson Museum and simulcast world wide. They are expecting over 1500 people for the invitation only SoCal event.

The Texas memorial will be held at the Carroll Shelby School of Automotive Technology in Mt. Pleasant, Texas. Mt. Pleasant is just off I-30 between Dallas and Texarkana. Carroll was born about 20 miles away and his current Texas house is in this area as well

The host hotel is the La Quinta and we do have a group rate. Mention "SHELBY MEMORIAL" when booking to get the discount. The number is 1-903-572-5514

We will be meeting for dinner (time TBA) and then doing a cruise through Pittsburg (current home) and Leesburg (birth place) and by the Leesburg cemetery. We will end the cruise at the school (about 8 or 8:30) where we will participate in the world wide "Rev your engines salute" followed by us watching the live memorial broadcast at the school. After the memorial we will have a toast in Carroll's honor.

You can contact Sean Cook for more information @ 210-885-7326

Sean,

I dont know if there are many Texas Shelby Dodge fans that visit this site very often, but I did forward your email you sent me to the mailing list alot of the Texas SDAC folks are on..

Wished I could make it...but work related issue will keep that from happening.

Thanks again for the private email regarding this as well..

I just returned from the local "Rev your engines" salute to Carroll Shelby held in Dearborn MI at the Automobile Hall of Fame. It was a very nice event attended by about 40 or so cars. Most were late model Shelby Mustangs, a couple original Shelby Cobra's, and a few of the early GT 350 cars. My Daytona Shelby was the only Shelby Dodge there. The folks were nice and we talked to a few of them.

We'll always miss you Carroll.

I just returned from the local "Rev your engines" salute to Carroll Shelby held in Dearborn MI at the Automobile Hall of Fame. It was a very nice event attended by about 40 or so cars. Most were late model Shelby Mustangs, a couple original Shelby Cobra's, and a few of the early GT 350 cars. My Daytona Shelby was the only Shelby Dodge there. The folks were nice and we talked to a few of them.

We'll always miss you Carroll.

Did you snap any pics?

Archived