TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500

I am the very proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500 fully loaded with a $45,435.00 sticker price, I went with the Shaker 1000 in lieu of the the Nav. system and also ordered the car cover.

I love my car as this is an amazing vehicle and the Ford Motor Company did a incredible job in building this spectactular car.

My car was ordered on Jan 21, 2007 and delivered the first week of March 07, the car is still in all the factory plastic and I didn't allow the dealer to prep it ( mechanical check only ). The car has 11.7 miles on it and the supercharger is still in sleeper mode.

I noticed that Ford is now making a Red Stripe Pkg. ( which I would much rather have) and I am concerned that with the limited quantities of these being built and also with the KR coming out that mine might not hold it's value. Any thought's ???????????????????????????????????????

I noticed that the V.I.N. on these cars are all over the place ( 1ZVHT88 is all the same for coupes with 89 for the conv.) ( but then the next 3 digits are different ?) 175, 275,375 etc. why? then the next 6 digits are the cars sequence, is there any way to track the production number, how many were made in a certain color combo, Etc.

Thanks and any help would be greatly apprieciated

post-8609-1176592123_thumb.jpg

post-8609-1176592123_thumb.jpg

Here's a Ford VIN decoder link. What you'll find is - the sequence number includes all vehicles out of the plant. The Shelby's don't come out one after the other - they're interspersed with other vehicles. Enter your VIN for a breakout. You can also print off the PDF for full disclosure.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp

Question for you - how did you get the build sheet and documentation?

Its not going to affect value at all.It might make the red package MORE valuable and or desirable but its not going to affect the value of the others.

You buy these cars to drive them.there are way too many sitting in the wrapper to make any of them super vauable.The fools who think they are going to make $$ by letting them sit around are exactly that.....Fools

Its not going to affect value at all.It might make the red package MORE valuable and or desirable but its not going to affect the value of the others.

You buy these cars to drive them.there are way too many sitting in the wrapper to make any of them super vauable.The fools who think they are going to make $$ by letting them sit around are exactly that.....Fools

I bought mine to drive and enjoy, but calling some Shelby owners fools is pretty harsh don't you think? Everyone has a right to do what they choose. I wouldn't want someone to call me a fool for driving mine. I can't stop someone from calling me whatever, but in my opinion it's not anyones buisness but mine what I do with my Shelby.

As far as value I believe it's the buyer that determines how much they would pay for a certain option or color. I paid $65K for my coupe because it was the color and options I wanted and it's what I believe it was worth to me to buy it.

I also look at it as an asset investment down the road because in past anything with Mr Shelby's name has yet to loose any value and I don't believe it's going to start with the 07 Shelby's either. I personally won't benefit during my ownership because I have no intentions of selling either of my Mustangs. Again my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

I am the very proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500 fully loaded with a $45,435.00 sticker price, I went with the Shaker 1000 in lieu of the the Nav. system and also ordered the car cover.

I love my car as this is an amazing vehicle and the Ford Motor Company did a incredible job in building this spectactular car.

My car was ordered on Jan 21, 2007 and delivered the first week of March 07, the car is still in all the factory plastic and I didn't allow the dealer to prep it ( mechanical check only ). The car has 11.7 miles on it and the supercharger is still in sleeper mode.

I noticed that Ford is now making a Red Stripe Pkg. ( which I would much rather have) and I am concerned that with the limited quantities of these being built and also with the KR coming out that mine might not hold it's value. Any thought's ???????????????????????????????????????

I noticed that the V.I.N. on these cars are all over the place ( 1ZVHT88 is all the same for coupes with 89 for the conv.) ( but then the next 3 digits are different ?) 175, 275,375 etc. why? then the next 6 digits are the cars sequence, is there any way to track the production number, how many were made in a certain color combo, Etc.

I do not see where the KR or the Red Stripe Package will have any present or future affect on the value of all the GT500's produced. The red stripe package if anything may generate a better value in the future, but wouldn't cause for the GT500's to bring any less value.

There are 7 color choices and two models. Coupe and Convertible. Ford shows the retail mix at about 70% coupes and 30% convertibles.

Out of the 7 color choices there are 13 different combinations of stripe colors and options between the 7 colors offered.

On the coupes you can get no stripes at all, or just side stripes or side stripes with over the top racing stripes.

On Convertible you can get side stripes or no stripes.

On the red, alloy, white, tungsten, and black you can get either charcoal black leather or charcoal black with crimson red leather.

Blue and Orange with black charcoal leather only.

Every model comes with either the standard shaker 500, or, optional shaker 1000, or, optional navigation. (late availabilty on navigation)

With or without optional Sirus Sat. Radio.

With or without optional premium interior trim package.

With or without optional car cover. (late availability)

As you can see there are MANY possible combinations with color choices, stripe and stripe color choices and optional equipment choices to choose from. So there will be some of these cars more rare than others depending on options and color choices selected.

As for most popular color choices to least popular color choices the best I can judge based on checking the number of cars showing in the locator over the past 9 months and counting each color every time I checked, here is how they ranked from most popular to least popular:

Red

White

Black

Blue

Tungsten

Alloy

Orange

Now these were based on number of cars showing up at any given time when checking on how many units were showing up at any given time. So actual numbers can change after all units have been built. But I would say Red will be the most popular regardless since Red has showed the largest number far above the rest of the colors every time I checked this.

As for the Red Stripe Package, those would likely be the most rare of all the units built. This option is only for the last 5 weeks of production. So how many can they build in 5 weeks? Out of that, how many will be ordered as coupes with this option? And how many would be white VS black?

So this may help with the red stripe option to become more valuable, but that wouldn't affect any present or future value on any of the others in my opinion.

If you just bought this car just to store for a collector in hopes it will go up in value someday I would not worry about it. MOST of these cars have been bought to be driven. So any kept as collectors will be far and few between. And you are talking about 30 - 40 years in the future. Me? I may not be around that long so who cares! I bought mine to enjoy now for myself! There are far more things to invest the money in that would get you a lot better return on your money over the next 30 - 40 years than investing it into a ne car in hopes that someday it will be worth a lot of money.

What could the car possibly be worth in 30 - 40 years from now anyway??? $100k? $200k?

You could take the same $50k - $60k you spend to buy one of these and go out and invest that same money into things that would be worth over 10 times this amount in 30 years from now.

One of the best performing investments has always been real estate. So what if you took the $50k - $60k and put $10k down on 5 - 6 bread and butter houses and rented them out over the next 30 years? What would you have made then? What would the houses be worth in 30 years? What would you have made off the rents and tax benefits? You would be sitting on over a million dollars worth of real estate that would be paid for and one heck of an income stream coming in!

Would one of these cars be worth over a million dollars in 30 years from now? Would it generate you a monthly income stream by sitting in storage somewhere?

I for one could not see buying one of these just to store it for 30 years in hopes that it will be worth a lot more some day. I have to enjoy it today and buy it for myself because I want it for me, which is exactly why I bought one in the first place. For me it is all about the fun and enjoyment of driving it. To each his own.

I do not see where the KR or the Red Stripe Package will have any present or future affect on the value of all the GT500's produced. The red stripe package if anything may generate a better value in the future, but wouldn't cause for the GT500's to bring any less value.

There are 7 color choices and two models. Coupe and Convertible. Ford shows the retail mix at about 70% coupes and 30% convertibles.

Out of the 7 color choices there are 13 different combinations of stripe colors and options between the 7 colors offered.

On the coupes you can get no stripes at all, or just side stripes or side stripes with over the top racing stripes.

On the red, alloy, white, tungsten, and black you can get either charcoal black leather or charcoal black with crimson red leather.

Every model comes with either the standard shaker 500, or, optional shaker 1000, or, optional navigation. (late availabilty on navigation)

As you can see there are MANY possible combinations with color choices, stripe and stripe color choices and optional equipment choices to choose from. So there will be some of these cars more rare than others depending on options and color choices selected.

As for most popular color choices to least popular color choices the best I can judge based on checking the number of cars showing in the locator over the past 9 months and counting each color every time I checked, here is how they ranked from most popular to least popular:

Red

White

Black

Blue

Tungsten

Alloy

Orange

Now these were based on number of cars showing up at any given time when checking on how many units were showing up at any given time. So actual numbers can change after all units have been built. But I would say Red will be the most popular regardless since Red has showed the largest number far above the rest of the colors every time I checked this.

As for the Red Stripe Package, those would likely be the most rare of all the units built. This option is only for the last 5 weeks of production. So how many can they build in 5 weeks? Out of that, how many will be ordered as coupes with this option? And how many would be white VS black?

So this may help with the red stripe option to become more valuable, but that wouldn't affect any present or future value on any of the others in my opinion.

If you just bought this car just to store for a collector in hopes it will go up in value someday I would not worry about it. MOST of these cars have been bought to be driven. So any kept as collectors will be far and few between. And you are talking about 30 - 40 years in the future. Me? I may not be around that long so who cares! I bought mine to enjoy now for myself! There are far more things to invest the money in that would get you a lot better return on your money over the next 30 - 40 years than investing it into a ne car in hopes that someday it will be worth a lot of money.

What could the car possibly be worth in 30 - 40 years from now anyway??? $100k? $200k?

You could take the same $50k - $60k you spend to buy one of these and go out and invest that same money into things that would be worth over 10 times this amount in 30 years from now.

One of the best performing investments has always been real estate. So what if you took the $50k - $60k and put $10k down on 5 - 6 bread and butter houses and rented them out over the next 30 years? What would you have made then? What would the houses be worth in 30 years? What would you have made off the rents and tax benefits? You would be sitting on over a million dollars worth of real estate that would be paid for and one heck of an income stream coming in!

Would one of these cars be worth over a million dollars in 30 years from now? Would it generate you a monthly income stream by sitting in storage somewhere?

I for one could not see buying one of these just to store it for 30 years in hopes that it will be worth a lot more some day. I have to enjoy it today and buy it for myself because I want it for me, which is exactly why I bought one in the first place. For me it is all about the fun and enjoyment of driving it. To each his own.

Wow!! Your the man. :hysterical: Your like a walking Ford computer. :hysterical: I'm surprised the Alloy color is so low. It seems a lot of members here have Alloy.

Taking a break from waxing my car. It's a lot of work. :baby: No wonder I've never done this before. :hysterical: Total hours spent yesterday and today 7.5 hrs. Haven't even started with the wax yet. :banghead: I must say it looks good so far. :backtotopic:

Could you elaborate on the real estate idea hehe ?

I assume by "you" putting down $10k on a house, you would rely on the renters to make the monthly payments for you???

And then you would make the money by eventually selling the houses for more money in the future since real estate always seems to be going up, at least here in the northeast????

great post shelbydude

How rare do you think coupes with no stripes at all will be? I hope my all black coupe will be somewhat different and unique :)

Wow!! Your the man. :hysterical: Your like a walking Ford computer. :hysterical: I'm surprised the Alloy color is so low. It seems a lot of members here have Alloy.

Taking a break from waxing my car. It's a lot of work. :baby: No wonder I've never done this before. :hysterical: Total hours spent yesterday and today 7.5 hrs. Haven't even started with the wax yet. :banghead: I must say it looks good so far. :backtotopic:

Those numbers can change by the time they are all built, but Red has always been a distant first, black and white are close to neck and neck, blue has always been fourth, with tungsten, alloy and orange being somewhat close to each other.

I bet your car will really shine and look completely different after you are finished. Post before after pics when you get done. I haven't done mine yet. Whether is still to cold to mess with it and we have lots of rain here.

Red

White

Black

Blue

Tungsten

Alloy

Orange

Could you elaborate on the real estate idea hehe ?

I assume by "you" putting down $10k on a house, you would rely on the renters to make the monthly payments for you???

And then you would make the money by eventually selling the houses for more money in the future since real estate always seems to be going up, at least here in the northeast????

great post shelbydude

How rare do you think coupes with no stripes at all will be? I hope my all black coupe will be somewhat different and unique :)

Yes, you rent the houses out while the rents coming in would pay the mortgage plus some extra cash flow each month and as the years go by the value goes up. Complete opposite with cars. Cars depreciate while real estate appreciates.

GT500's with total stripe delete will be some of the rarest along with certain stripe colors on certain cars. For example, on the vista blue the tungsten stripes are very rare compared to the ones with white stripes.

I have a black vert with the red premium interior. I am currently duplicating Evo's stage IV with a local mustang performance shop and was going to then get a hood stripe painted. The red looks awfully good. Do you have anyway of knowing the exact color red?

I have a black vert with the red premium interior. I am currently duplicating Evo's stage IV with a local mustang performance shop and was going to then get a hood stripe painted. The red looks awfully good. Do you have anyway of knowing the exact color red?

They didn't say other than "bright red".

Red

White

Black

Blue

Tungsten

Alloy

Orange

Very well said. I couldn't agree more. My enjoyment of the car is not diminished because a more powerful or more rare version is being introduced. I guess that by the time these cars become collectors items, most of us will be too old to care!

Furthermore, what made the original muscle cars such collectables was the fact that their target demographics were young adults. Most of those cars were not too expensive and were within reach for a lot of youg people. They were bought to be used and abused, a lot of them either crashed or ended up in junk yards. Nobody expected back then that these cars would become collectibles and bring the kind of money we see right now.

The current GT500 is a whole different story. Most if not all of those who buy them know how special they are and will treat the car accordingly. The audience for the car is also more mature. If we were to make a survey of current GT500 owners, I guess the average would be in the mid to late 40s, maybe a bit more. The "attrition rate" of these cars will be low IMHO and with about 18,000 being built (maybe more if there is a third year), they won't be as rare as the original Shelbys or other muscle cars of that era such as the Boss 429 or Hemi Cuda. For that reason, I think that although the GT500 will hold its value pretty well and maybe appreciate some, it won't increase in value as much as the late 60s early 70s muscle cars, red stripes or not. (the KR might be another story though...)

Very well said. I couldn't agree more. My enjoyment of the car is not diminished because a more powerful or more rare version is being introduced. I guess that by the time these cars become collectors items, most of us will be too old to care!

Furthermore, what made the original muscle cars such collectibles was the fact that their target demographics were young adults. Most of those cars were not too expensive and were within reach for a lot of Young people. They were bought to be used and abused, a lot of them either crashed or ended up in junk yards. Nobody expected back then that these cars would become collectibles and bring the kind of money we see right now.

The current GT500 is a whole different story. Most if not all of those who buy them know how special they are and will treat the car accordingly. The audience for the car is also more mature. If we were to make a survey of current GT500 owners, I guess the average would be in the mid to late 40s, maybe a bit more. The "attrition rate" of these cars will be low IMHO and with about 18,000 being built (maybe more if there is a third year), they won't be as rare as the original Shelby's or other muscle cars of that era such as the Boss 429 or Hemi Cuda. For that reason, I think that although the GT500 will hold its value pretty well and maybe appreciate some, it won't increase in value as much as the late 60s early 70s muscle cars, red stripes or not. (the KR might be another story though...)

I agree with what has been written here except when it comes to talking about how rare these cars are or will be. The reality is the original Shelby had a production run of around 14,500. If they build 18,000 of the current model, sure its 3,500 more but relatively speaking in 30 years the population will be 1/3 larger than it is today so the 3,500 extra units will still be a low number relative to the larger country's population. I think the number of units on the original model compared to this model are making them in equal short supply. Just my thoughts.

I find it quite curious that so many people think of these cars literally as "investments". First off, in '65 just over 500 GT350's were made. In '66 just north of 2000 units. Hey, they passed that number in the first 3 months of '07 production.... :idea: These are not "limited production" vehicles. Secondly, the originals created the Shelby "mystic" by being converted to track cars and beating the pants off of jaguars & vettes on the track. Consequently, in the early '70's you could pick one up for peanuts..... Any real appreciation didn't begin until the early to mid '80's. But that wouldn't have happened without the racing pedigree!

I would not have fallen in love with mustangs had I not seen them in action on the road courses and don't fully enjoy mine without being able to test its limits & mine on the track. I personally see no other reason to buy one!

My advice, pull the wrapper off & enjoy it!

The numbers are low on Alloy because it is the Fastest and Stealthiest Colour and they are often missed in the count. :hysterical2: You just don't see them fly by you! :happy feet:

ShelbyDude nice investment breakdown. The 2007 Shelby is a great value for the dollar. It will probably see a modest gain through the years but the main focus it will hold its value. The different colors and options will not take away from the cars value but may enhance a deal to sell to a certain individual who has a color preference. I have a T89 Ebony/Tungsten so the red stripes really don't do anything for me just my preference. Bottom Line like my wife told me "order what you like" you will be the one driving it. If you don't like the stripes you ordered or they are not available have a good stripe guy put them on in the color you like. But whatever you do "Drive it whenever you get a chance and open the supercharger often". Just my .02c

I was told it is Colorado Red. Got it from a Ford parts person last week. :banana piano: It is a bright red. Someone posted a link to the brochure on the forum somewhere. I thought it was a little too bright for my Alloy Vert. :redcard:

Buying this car believing it would be a collector piece in any reasonable time (sub 30 years) was your first mistake.

Not unwrapping it and driving it is your second.

One of those can be easily corrected. :idea::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift:

I agree with what has been written here except when it comes to talking about how rare these cars are or will be. The reality is the original Shelby had a production run of around 14,500. If they build 18,000 of the current model, sure its 3,500 more but relatively speaking in 30 years the population will be 1/3 larger than it is today so the 3,500 extra units will still be a low number relative to the larger country's population. I think the number of units on the original model compared to this model are making them in equal short supply. Just my thoughts.

I agree with you that the increase in production is not that huge at first glance and that it is still a rare automobile. However, there are additional factors to consider IMHO. The 18,000 units is for GT500s only; there will also be about 6,000 Shelby GTs, the 500 Hertz Coupes, and the just released Hertz Vert (another 500) plus the GT500KR (1,000 ... maybe more???). That is about 26,000 units over a 2 year run vs 14,500 over a 5 year run, and that doesn't take into consideration any new version yet to be released nor the lower "attrition rate" that I mentioned in my previous post. Don't get me wrong, I love the car and I think it will hold its value well, and maybe increase a little over time especially if the much rumored stricter EPA milage/emissions standards come into effect soon. However, I do not think that it will appreciate the way the old one did. If a 60's Shelby worth around $4,500-$5,000 when new can now bring in some instances over $200,000, one would need the new one to bring over $2,000,000 to get the same kind of return on his/her investment.

in past anything with Mr Shelby's name has yet to loose any value and I don't believe it's going to start with the 07 Shelby's either.

customer_joey_burnout.jpg

That's a real Shelby btw. What do you think it's worth?

Also, are you saying used GT500's are now worth more than what they cost new? If not, they lost value.

customer_joey_burnout.jpg

That's a real Shelby btw. What do you think it's worth?

Also, are you saying used GT500's are now worth more than what they cost new? If not, they lost value.

I'll pay 600k for that car, not a penny more. <rubs hands together 'the fool doesn't know I can turn around and sell it for 3million ez in under 6 months!'> <insert maniacle cackle here> :hyper: :ohsnap:

Archived