TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Rev Your Engines Memorial Salute

sharon

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here....I opened the garage door, watched the count down timer, and revved my engine alone, but at the same time somehow 'connected' to every other person World-wide, who was doing the same thing at the same time.

It was very quiet in my neighborhood (local time was almost 10:00pm), and my GT500 echoed in it's lone tribute to Mr. Shelby. As I sat in the car I stared at the dash plaque with his signature on it, and I thought for a moment that part of him was there with me.

Good bye Mr. Shelby.....till we meet again on the other side.

Z-man

Well said. I had the same feeling. .

My wife and I attended the rev your engine salute at the Barrett-Jackson Headquarters. It was a wonderful Salute!! R.I.P. Carroll Shelby.............

A terrific 1st post! Welcome to TS.

Carroll's memorial at the Petersen Museum has become one of the Top Ten Moments in life for me.....what a amazing time we had.

Wonderful people remembering a true American Icon.

Agreed. Still resonating in my head today. The event was extremely well done and today, been ruminating on it and what it all meant. Can't say enough of the connection the event evoked with Carroll.

Steve

I got 10 extra

Carroll Shelby Memorial Sticker

The first 10 that PM me get it. I will respond with my home address so you can send me envelop with stamp and your address. I will get dimensions of the sticker. At least I could do to share the tribute with our Team Shelby Club.

I want to thank all of the Shelby owners that participated at the Petersen yesterday.

I took on the task of organizing over 100 Shelbys for the "Rev Your Shelby" at the Petersen Automotive Museum which became ground zero for the webcast.

There was a balance of older original Cobras, 289's, 427 SC's, GT350's, 500's (each year Mustang from 1965 to 1969) GT40's, Ford GT's, King Cobra, Series I, Tiger's, and late model Shelby Mustang GT's, GT500's, GT500 Super Snakes and 2011 GT350's. There was a fantastic display of Shelby American built automobiles.

However, none of that would have been possible without the sincerity, dedication and passion that Shelby car owners feel for the vehicles touched by Carroll Shelby. Shelby's name signifies performance and speed and partnered with Ford Motor Company, Carroll Shelby has developed some of the best performing automobiles in the world. And let's not forget, all American made.

There were over 120 Shelbys parked on the roof of the Petersen, but more importantly there were 120 Shelby owners that felt it was essential for them to personally participate in Carroll Shelby's Memorial. It is as much about the people who honor the cars as the cars themselves.

I wish everybody could have attended but thanks to those of you that did.

I got 10 extra

The first 10 that PM me get it. I will respond with my home address so you can send me envelop with stamp and your address. I will get dimensions of the sticker. At least I could do to share the tribute with our Team Shelby Club.

The following people got sticker

JDWHSKY

07SGT

Doctor

MYWICKEDSHELBY

JKSIMPS

Budman 340

H0050

Shelby65_Mustang

MyblueHeaven

One_Quick_pony

Maybe other members attended the tribute could do the same if they have extra.

Hi Everyone,

The San Diego version of "Rev Your Shelby" Memorial Tribute took place at JBA Performance Center in the Kearny Mesa area and was also sponsored by the SoCal SAAC San Diego Region Club. Sixty cars representing a variety of Shelby Automobiles (Cobras, GT350, GT350H, GT500s, Trans Am, B/P Class, Ford GT, new GT 350, Shelby GT, GT500, GT500KR and an assortment of other Shelby enthusiasts) were in attendance. There was plenty of burn outs in the parking lot and a "drive by" on Kearny Villa Road featuring a Trans Am Mustang and a B/P Class Mustang (lots of noise and tire smoke). We also had a band, tributes to Carroll Shelby and a vinyl record recording of Bill Cosby's 200 MPH playing. The following are pictures from the event:

rys11.JPG

rys09.JPG

rys06.JPG

rys05.JPG

rys04.JPG

rys03.JPG

rys02.JPG

rys01.JPG

I am also looking for any 'spare' Memorial stickers if anyone has some (..or one).

It would be little consolation for my inability to attend any organized event due to work commitments - but at least I felt part of the tribute when I revved up the motor with the rest of you. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Texastinlegs

USA P-51

Long Island, New York location to be at Hooters in Farmingdale. 8:00PM on Wednesday 5/30/12 for food and beverages (at your own expense) and we will "rev our engines" for Carroll Shelby @ approx 9:55 PM. No burnouts !! Rick

We had about 25 cars show up and rev their engines in honor of Shelby. The people in Hooters were a little confused by the load noise outside LOL. Not a bad turn out for something set up in 24 hours. See the attached link. Rick

JDWHSKY

07SGT

Doctor

MYWICKEDSHELBY

JKSIMPS

Budman 340

H0050

Shelby65_Mustang

MyblueHeaven

One_Quick_pony

Inf for people who got the sticker. My zip is 92610 and sticker is about 3x4 in

I want to thank all of the Shelby owners that participated at the Petersen yesterday.

I took on the task of organizing over 100 Shelbys for the "Rev Your Shelby" at the Petersen Automotive Museum which became ground zero for the webcast.

There was a balance of older original Cobras, 289's, 427 SC's, GT350's, 500's (each year Mustang from 1965 to 1969) GT40's, Ford GT's, King Cobra, Series I, Tiger's, and late model Shelby Mustang GT's, GT500's, GT500 Super Snakes and 2011 GT350's. There was a fantastic display of Shelby American built automobiles.

However, none of that would have been possible without the sincerity, dedication and passion that Shelby car owners feel for the vehicles touched by Carroll Shelby. Shelby's name signifies performance and speed and partnered with Ford Motor Company, Carroll Shelby has developed some of the best performing automobiles in the world. And let's not forget, all American made.

There were over 120 Shelbys parked on the roof of the Petersen, but more importantly there were 120 Shelby owners that felt it was essential for them to personally participate in Carroll Shelby's Memorial. It is as much about the people who honor the cars as the cars themselves.

I wish everybody could have attended but thanks to those of you that did.

Well stated. How many other cars stir such passion in their owners?

I got 10 extra

Hi guys! Anybody have any Memorial stickers? Frank SGT0978

We were fortunate enough to be able to attend the memorial at the Petersen. In was very uplifting and emotional at times. To those of you looking for stickers you might want to check with the Shelby American store. By coincidence I ordered something from then last week and when it arrived it had one of the stickers inside.

We were fortunate enough to be able to attend the memorial at the Petersen. In was very uplifting and emotional at times. To those of you looking for stickers you might want to check with the Shelby American store. By coincidence I ordered something from then last week and when it arrived it had one of the stickers inside.

Thanks

I was glad to be a part of the Las Vegas tribute. The folks at Shelby showed great hospitality as always ! I was glad to meet the Corvette owners who came out in support of the tribute. A classy bunch for sure ! Just a great day I will always remember.

Sorry can't post photos here anymore for some reason.

CHSTribVegas12012.jpg

CHSTribVegas12012.jpg

here is a link to the KC area version of the rev your engine salute to Carroll Shelby on 5/30/2012.....just a few of us at the Hollywood Casio parking lot upper level, out at the Legends shopping area......sorry for the wind noise, storm was moving in....only had my phone to use...

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/badcatjohn/?action=view&current=video-2012-05-30-20-54-25.mp4

JDWHSKY

07SGT

Doctor

MYWICKEDSHELBY

JKSIMPS

Budman 340

H0050

Shelby65_Mustang

MyblueHeaven

One_Quick_pony

The people who has not send me your envelop by end of this week. I will offer your sticker to other people.

I too was a part of the Petersen Shelby Tribute, truly one of my best experiences. Great to see so many folks who wanted to share in the Carroll Shelby event. He will be sorely missed. Somehow I didn't get a Memorial Sticker, and would really like to get one, if there are any available. Thanks,

The people who has not send me your envelop by end of this week. I will offer your sticker to other people.

OK No responded so I have two decal. The first 2 to PM me get them.

One-Quick-Pony still waiting on your envelop.

Archived