TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wtf article on shelby mentioned tremic grinding issue

svt13

You ladies bitching and whining about the Tremec and it's well documented shift problems need to find a better way to waste time. Ford has addressed the issues in all model years. Go do some dang research, although I highly suspect you're well aware of that. You know all of those TSB revisions. Yep that addresses the problem.

For 2013 it's an entirely new transmission. Different helix angle on the input and output shaft, etc. stop the freaking nonsense posts until YOU have experienced an issue that needs fixed

Look you drive the "Fairmont" GT 500 version the new ones mine is a 2012 grinds and the Dealer and Ford are no help. There is no TSB for my tranny.......

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look you drive the "Fairmont" GT 500 version the new ones mine is a 2012 grinds and the Dealer and Ford are no help. There is no TSB for my tranny.......

I know or know of *considerably* more people with GT500's who DON'T have a grinding issue, than those that DO have it.

It's only a "problem" for a few. Ford isn't going to publish a TSB until it becomes prevalent, and it's already been established that it's not prevalent.

Phill

I love my "fairmont" version. I've had the most recent TSB and mine doesn't grind :)- Your attempt at an insult is pretty funny though.

:D You have a different tranny... Wish I had yours in mine. Now that the 13 is out I have the "Fairmont" and you have the "Pinto". :woohoo:

Hmmmm I know 2 people with a 2012 me being one and they both grind.

Exactly my point.

And how many 2012's were produced? 8-10 thousand (coupes & 'Verts combined)?

You cite TWO.

How many TOTAL GT500's were produced? And how many have you know or known of that had the grinding issue? The numbers would be considered miniscule by any stretch.

MY problem is how the Dealers are treating the people with the grind issues. Some are denying there is ANY issue, some are blaming the drivers, some (good ones) are FIXING THE DAMN PROBLEM! The dealers need to buck up and give their customers the WARRANTY they paid for, and DESERVE.

But to say FoMoCo. needs to issue a TSB?

Ehhhhhh, not that we will see.

Phill

Sorry I do not drink Ford Kool-Aide. Ford is as bad or worse than GM is when it comes to running from Warranty Issues. My Raptor got a new drive shaft after Ford claiming no issue for months then a TSB wheeeee = new drive shaft.

I think I read that there were only like 3200 ish 2012 GT500's built... I may be wrong (so no flames please), but for some reason I think I read that somewhere....

And yes, my 2012 would grind if I tried to shift 1-2 too aggressively. and yes, I know how to drive. :)

I think I read that there were only like 3200 ish 2012 GT500's built... I may be wrong (so no flames please), but for some reason I think I read that somewhere....

I believe 2010 was the lowest production year for the GT500 and I *think* there were just over 5,000 made in 2010. That might be just the coupes, but I seem to think it's both Coupe and Convertable.

3200 would be a *very* low number, if it's accurate.

Previous years had substantially more built than that.

Phill

And yes, my 2012 would grind if I tried to shift 1-2 too aggressively. and yes, I know how to drive. :)

The production numbers for the 2012 was 4834 with 3925 coupes and 905 vert

The production numbers for the 2012 was 4834 with 3925 coupes and 905 vert

Wow, even 4834 is a low number. I think interest in the 2013 must have killed interest in the 12's and kept production down.

I remember about the same number for 2010's but earlier years had something like 7,000 per year.

Phill

the biggest year was 2007 with 10847 total both coupes and verts

2008 had 8583 both coupes and verts

and 2009 was the lowest year yet at 3559 total both coupes and verts

and very few actually have grind of any sorts

I believe 2010 was the lowest production year for the GT500 and I *think* there were just over 5,000 made in 2010. That might be just the coupes, but I seem to think it's both Coupe and Convertable.

3200 would be a *very* low number, if it's accurate.

Previous years had substantially more built than that.

Phill

I believe you are right about the 2010MY...here are the stats I came across when I bought my 2010 GT500:

2010 Shelby GT500 Production Totals - 3,545 coupes + 913 convertibles = 4,458 cars

and 2009 was the lowest year yet at 3559 total both coupes and verts

Does that included the 700 GT500KR's???

That seems *awfully* low. Not saying you're wrong, just sayin' I never heard that number before.

Phill

I have a bit of a grind when cold,

AH! And there's a key!

I'll NEVER speed shift a cold trans. TR-6060 or otherwise. I get a *hint* of a grind if I qiuck-shift my car with a cold trans. That's a big no-no, on any transmission.

That's pretty normal and certainly can't be called a "problem". It is after all, a HIGH PERFORMANCE Transmission.

Phill

Mine did it hot and cold----switched to Amsoil and it still did it hot and cold--lot smoother shifting but still will grind. At my wits end on this..

Mine never had a problem.. But let me say this, if you ever miss a shift and grind a gear it will likely grind from that point on.. I work on cars for a living and you will not believe how many people drive from the back seat...All the New Shelbys have a ON the floor clutch disengagement and the pedal has to BE ALL the way to the stop to do this.. If you watch any of the early Prostock drivers drive they were all Up on the Steering Wheel..Just understand I am not pointing fingers at anyone but it only takes once to do damage.. And the more times it grinds the more damage..

lol this got a bit off topic. People on stvp are having some compalints to about the transmission on the 13. I guess I have to wait and see for myself. Ford SPECIFICALLY said in that video they KNEW about the problem and ADDRESSED it. So if they lied I'm going to be mad. A 2012 60k car shouldn't grind. So definitely a 70k REALLY shouldn't grind. Otherwise they are incompetent asses as far as transmissions go. Though jay leno said the 13 shifts very nicely.

Count me as one who has never had a grind of any kind. I have had every year Shelby GT500 starting with the 2007 and never had a grind of any kind. My 2012 has 12,000 miles on it and has never did any grinding of the gears.

Going nuts wating on the 2013. I order it hard loaded roof and all. Only option I did not get was the track pack. Really looking foward to this one. Order it in Candy Red with white stripes, SVT pack, NAV, Shaker, and Glass Roof.

lol this got a bit off topic. People on stvp are having some compalints to about the transmission on the 13. I guess I have to wait and see for myself. Ford SPECIFICALLY said in that video they KNEW about the problem and ADDRESSED it. So if they lied I'm going to be mad. A 2012 60k car shouldn't grind. So definitely a 70k REALLY shouldn't grind. Otherwise they are incompetent asses as far as transmissions go. Though jay leno said the 13 shifts very nicely.

God I hope not--called the owner of the Ford dealer I use and they have an allocation that they can order me a car with. Have the form they sent me yesterday and if the 13 still has this issue then I am going to pass. Guess i could put it on order and then let them sell it to someone else if the 13's still have the grind. Was told mid December for delivery of an order placed now..

Why is this thread about the 2012 GT500 transmissions in the 2013 GT500 section.....they are two different transmissions, different gear ratios, different shafts, different out-put and in-put shafts etc....different clutch too .....????

+1 been wondering this same thing. post traumatic stress disorder from earlier model years i assume.. zero evidence that this is an issue for the '13 except for some idiot journalist who didn't do his homework.. time to move on

Archived