TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wtf article on shelby mentioned tremic grinding issue

svt13

http://m.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1205_2013_ford_shelby_gt500_first_test/index.html

This article gives a more in dept view on the launch control and mentions how the tremic grinds from quick/rushed shifting. I don't even get what they mean by rushed shifting. Are they saying shifting gears without the clutch in? That would cause grinding in any car.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it is a well documented flaw in the transmission. Mine does it as does many others. If I was going to keep mine there is an aftermarket soluton. Ford is ignoring the issue.

SVT, why do you start a thread complaining about something on the '13 GT500 Daily? Wait until you get your car then start to make these threads, it is getting a tad rediculous. The car is going to be awesome and you know it.

SVT, why do you start a thread complaining about something on the '13 GT500 Daily? Wait until you get your car then start to make these threads, it is getting a tad rediculous. The car is going to be awesome and you know it.

To be fair Jamal Hameedi did say in the SVT performance video that the grind was a non-issue in the 13. To see mention of it isn't a good thing. However, I don't have problems shifting my boss at high RPM so I'm good. ;)

To be fair Jamal Hameedi did say in the SVT performance video that the grind was a non-issue in the 13. To see mention of it isn't a good thing. However, I don't have problems shifting my boss at high RPM so I'm good. ;)

That Idiot is gone!! He also said the Raptor did not have a frame bending problem! When his lips move he is lying..

I have no issues shifting using the MGW shifter. I don't power/speed shift. I try to just shift smoothly. So far, so good.

You ladies bitching and whining about the Tremec and it's well documented shift problems need to find a better way to waste time. Ford has addressed the issues in all model years. Go do some dang research, although I highly suspect you're well aware of that. You know all of those TSB revisions. Yep that addresses the problem.

For 2013 it's an entirely new transmission. Different helix angle on the input and output shaft, etc. stop the freaking nonsense posts until YOU have experienced an issue that needs fixed

You ladies bitching and whining about the Tremec and it's well documented shift problems need to find a better way to waste time. Ford has addressed the issues in all model years. Go do some dang research, although I highly suspect you're well aware of that. You know all of those TSB revisions. Yep that addresses the problem.

For 2013 it's an entirely new transmission. Different helix angle on the input and output shaft, etc. stop the freaking nonsense posts until YOU have experienced an issue that needs fixed

There's a TSB that covers the 2012 trans grind? Awesome. Would you mind linking it for us? Because I cant find anything other than a bunch of claims that one is coming.

There's a TSB that covers the 2012 trans grind? Awesome. Would you mind linking it for us? Because I cant find anything other than a bunch of claims that one is coming.

It does not exist.

Go to SVTP and check out the retofitting link in the 2012 section that Tob started. He posted a pic showing the transmission is the t-56. Jamaal just called it the next stage for tr 6060. On mustangsdaily they announced it too and how it gets rid of the 1-2 grind problem.

Go to SVTP and check out the retofitting link in the 2012 section that Tob started. He posted a pic showing the transmission is the t-56. Jamaal just called it the next stage for tr 6060. On mustangsdaily they announced it too and how it gets rid of the 1-2 grind problem.

Oh. No - no T56 in the GT500 dude =)

The T56 is the older trans used in the 03 Cobra. The TR-6060 was the replacement and was an evolution of the T56..

It is suckers like you who think Ford has everything in order that perpetuates this nonsense. The problem is well known and well documented. 5 years of grinding gears in a transmission is totally unacceptable to anyone with a a double digit IQ. Lay off the Kool Aide fool.

I apologize, 2012 is not covered as Rob stated.

Speedy man, I hate koolaid. keep that stuff away from me.

I agree that the problems we have had with the trans is unacceptable. However; they did in fact address the issue with their TSB, it fixed my 08 with 54K on it. I've read of many others being fixed as well. For 2013 as I stated they have completely redesigned the trans. I'd link the video for you but the way you bash the car it isn't worth my time, fool.

You might want to take your own advice but READ Tob's information this time.....

It is NOT a T-56, it is a TR-6060. And that's according the article/post/thread you cite.

Phill

Archived