TEAM SHELBY FORUM

how long will a 13 shelby last around a track without the track pack

svt13

So this thread is about exactly what the title states.

How many laps around a track do you guys think a car without the track pack will last? Same with passes at the drag strip?

I think it depends. Most Open Track Days are about 20 minute sessions. I used to track all the time in a blown Cobra. My car had NO cooling upgrades. It was definitely hot, and by the end of the session and cool down was in order. That was in 100 degree weather too.

To be honest, I think the typical "open track day" person will be fine without it. The stock cooling on this car is very stout. Google for the Hot Rod writeup on the car. They do a great job of breaking down the stock cooling versus the track pack.

All that said, if you are going to be a serious tracker, my experience tells me that you should opt for this upgrade.

I will take this car to a drag strip or track maybe 5 times a year MAX. They say the car is fine til coolant temperatures reach 231 degrees. Is there a way to view the coolant temperature? I just wanted to know about how long it will last so I know if I go to a track how many laps I can do before I have to stop and let it cool down and for how long it has to cool for. For a drag strip though apparently the track pack was uneccessary.

If you have to ask that question you should be opting for the track pack. No worries then. It's a "no brainer". I'd bet if Ford didn't offer it as an option the ones not getting it now would probably be the first to complain it should have been offered..... :doh:

If you have to ask that question you should be opting for the track pack. No worries then. It's a "no brainer". I'd bet if Ford didn't offer it as an option the ones not getting it now would probably be the first to complain it should have been offered..... :doh:

Mehhh I'm not tracking the car enough to justify the 3k to pay for that. I already had every other single option the car comes with. Plus the transmission cooler I think it is thats visible in the upper grill just really look weird and bothered me. Looks better without it. i'm just wondering how long the car can go since Jamaal said people for drag strips which is what I will do more often won't need it. But I want to track the car a couple times a year so I want to know how far I can push it before I need to stop since I can't view the coolant temperatures which is stupid.

I don't think you need to worry per the one article you posted.

"at top speed, the upgraded injectors will spray enough fuel into the cylinders to empty the tank in just thirteen minutes."

So there should be plenty of time to cool down while you are topping off the tank. :rockon:

Archived