TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Frustrated with FEDEX.

TXSGT

I have already posted this on another forum I'm on but I thought I would share my story here too.

I ordered some items from the Shelby Store earlier this month and kept an eye on the FEDEX tracker online. I've never used FEDEX before ordering from the Shelby Store, it has always been UPS because of American Muscle. Last Friday the tracker tells me that the package is on the truck somewhere in town about to be delivered. Cool. I go to work and come home for my hour break at 4:00 - 5:00. No package at the door, no note left. I guess they haven't come round yet. I get off work at 11:00 pm and still no note or package. I get on the computer and the tracker said it was delivered at 4:06 pm, the time that I was actually home, and someone by the name of A.Louis signed for it (Who the hell is A.Louis? Your guess is as good as mine) At that point it was too late to do anything so I waited and call their shipping depot here in town the next morning. They told me that they spoke to their driver and the driver confirmed the fact that he dropped it off at my apartments front office. OK. So I have to wait till Monday to get my package, I'm fine with that.

I go to the front office this morning and they tell me that they don't accept packages at the front office, they haven't done so in 12 years. They suggested that I check at the apartments down the street, apparently FEDEX will dump off packages that they don't want on the truck at their office ALL THE TIME. I go over to the other apartments and ask them about my package, and lo and behold there it is. Except it's been ripped open. FEDEX didn't deliver my package to "The front office" or the "Other" front office like they said (Liars), they sent it to some random persons apartment down the street, and thankfully the only reason I recieved my package was that the person who recieved it was honest enough to turn the package in when they realized it wasn't theirs. The sad thing is, I know I'm one of the luckier ones, some people never recover their packages.

The only other time I've dealt with FEDEX was waiting for another package from the Shelby Store, it pretty much wound up FEDEX being thwarted by a gate, saying on the tracker they will attempt delivery but never actually doing so, and me having to go out to their depot in the middle of the industrial estate to pick up my package. 2 for 2 FEDEX, well done.

I'm just so frustrated by the whole experience and I have NEVER, NEVER had any issues in the several years of ordering stuff from AM and having delivered by UPS (In fact I have several "Great customer service" stories about them) This is in no way, shape or form a slam against the Shelby Store or it's products, I love their stuff, but I can't order anything else from them if they continue to use FEDEX.

I always use UPS; my local UPS drivers are nice and the office you call for tracking is very down to Earth. You don't get much crap from them.

Glad it finally worked out and good luck in the future. Ordered some cool stuff?

You need to call FedEx about that. That is a driver problem. FedEx is MUCH better than UPS and is all I use when I can. They will stand behind their service.

It seems like there isn't an option on the Shelby Store site to pick UPS, stuck with using FEDEX if you want to order something.

The UPS drivers on my route are great too, my apartments and work are on the same route and when they are dropping stuff at work and I know that my package is on it's way, I'll ask about it and they will go dig through the truck to find my package and give it to me at work.

I ended up getting

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/ws-53.htm

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/ws-65.htm

and

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/j5.htm

@ b17drvr, I absolutely agree its a driver issue, the thing that ticks me off the most is that they told me that my package was dropped off at the front office safe and sound when in fact god knows who has it and may or may not have been honest enough to turn it in or keep that stuff for themselves.

It's a trust issue now, how do I know if they will stand behind their service when they have already lied to me once.

We have a topic floating around here; I'm not sure if you encountered ridiculous shipping (which by the way, whenever I have used the Shelby store I have not had problems with FEDEX, so I guess I should not say they are bad, I just prefer UPS), but many of us have found a simple phone call will knock your shipping costs down a bit, just as a tip.

The only real problem I have with FedEx residential delivery is that they require a signature "at the time of delivery".....they wont leave the package or even leave a slip to be signed so they can drop off the package and collect the signed slip next time......you must be there at the time of delivery.

if you arent there, it goes to the hub 10 miles away!

I use my business address with all FedEx packages for this reason.

never have a problem with UPS........they leave the packages and not one has never been stolen or gone missing.

Many years ago I signed a FedEx form giving them permission to leave packages without signature. Thinking about it, I have received a few FedExed packages lately, and it seems to me I was always here to accept them, but didn't have to sign.

Normally, we have good luck with both UPS and FedEx. Both will drive the 250ft down our driveway and leave a package by our garage door. But a couple of weeks ago, UPS left a package in the middle of the driveway just off the street! Anyone driving down the street could have picked it up and drove off with it. Or worse, my wife or I may have not noticed it and driven over it. I think it boils down to the driver. Both companies have good as well as bad drivers.

@ mywickedshelby - Even though they require a signature at time of delivery, apparently they don't care who signs for it. Another thing about my situation that has pissed me off is that they didn't even bother to check if the name was right. You can not mix my name up with someone similar, or accidentally mix it up with someone of the same name. I know for a fact I am the only person in the United States with my surname, it's big, long and very Dutch. That, and it doesn't matter if you are home or not if they are sending it to some random person down the street.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if I provided that level of service at my work. I work at a sporting goods store and I am handling and selling firearms all day, every day along with my many other duties. I would be crucified if I sold a firearm under the wrong serial # or gave a customers repaired firearm to somebody else just because they lived on the same street. FEDEX can do it and that is just fine and dandy.

Archived