TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carrol's Signature

Just wanted to let all you guys know that I was able to have my air bag cover seperated from the unit and I sent it to Carrol . He signed it and sent it back ( took 8 weeks) and I reinstalled it in my car . He used a siver marker of some sort and It looks awsome!

So if anwone tells you the air bag cover is off limits send them to me.

Ken

Just wanted to let all you guys know that I was able to have my air bag cover seperated from the unit and I sent it to Carrol . He signed it and sent it back ( took 8 weeks) and I reinstalled it in my car . He used a siver marker of some sort and It looks awsome!

Ken

You have 60 seconds to post a picture or else! :hysterical2:

Ken

Yeah, a lot of us having been sending these out for a while now. Post pictures.

post-7616-1176558605_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1176558605_thumb.jpg

Yeah, a lot of us having been sending these out for a while now. Post pictures.

I just got my airbag cover back late yesterday and it looks just like that one in the photo & it took about 4 1/2 weeks turn around to ship it out there & get it back.

Before I shipped it I removed it from the actual airbag & then I taped up the area on the bottom & asked for it to be signed in BIG letters in the exposed area on TOP. This way the Dash can help protect it from any fading from the Sun. Becareful not to wipe it with your fingers, it will rub off if you try because the material they used to make the metal cover has like a protect film on it to help prevent scratches. I'm thinking of spraying it with a clearcoat or using some other meams to protect it.

PS: The Certificate I got shows he signed it Wednesday April 5th, 2007, the day after the GT500KR was debuted in New York. Man does he get right back to work or what.

I just got my airbag cover back late yesterday and it looks just like that one in the photo & it took about 4 1/2 weeks turn around to ship it out there & get it back.

Before I shipped it I removed it from the actual airbag & then I taped up the area on the bottom & asked for it to be signed in BIG letters in the exposed area on TOP. This way the Dash can help protect it from any fading from the Sun. Becareful not to wipe it with your fingers, it will rub off if you try because the material they used to make the metal cover has like a protect film on it to help prevent scratches. I'm think of spraying it with a clearcoat or using some other meams to protect it.

PS: The Certificate I got shows he signed it Wednesday April 5th, 2007, the day after the GT500KR was debuted in New York. Man does he get right back to work or what.

CW,

Mine took 5 weeks. I did the exact same thing you did with tape and Logic--I think there's a smaller chance of damage on that upper panel.

My certificate shows that he signed it on March 5 the day after my birthday. I was going to use the Testors model satin clearcoat since it's formulated for use on plastics (i.e. models). He's a workaholic!

Stuart

I had my paint and body man spray mine and it made the signature a little darker and that was it. Now it will not come off . also I taped in the area where I wanted Carrol to sign . I picked the bottom half of the split in the cover . This makes it much more visable and more centered with the whole area. I am not worried about fade since my car is not gone to be out in the sun at the exact angle to where it could get prolong uv .

I had my paint and body man spray mine and it made the signature a little darker and that was it. Now it will not come off . also I taped in the area where I wanted Carrol to sign . I picked the bottom half of the split in the cover . This makes it much more visable and more centered with the whole area. I am not worried about fade since my car is not gone to be out in the sun at the exact angle to where it could get prolong uv .

We need pictures :camera:

Is there a charge for him to do this? I was thinking of sending a donation to his Children Foundation as a gesture of appreciation. :)

NipNTuck,

Yes there is a charge--all of the money goes to his children's foundation. $200 for a car part and $100 for all other merchandise. Here is the link: http://www.shelbychildrensfoundation.org/autograph.asp

Stuart

NipNTuck,

Yes there is a charge--all of the money goes to his children's foundation. $200 for a car part and $100 for all other merchandise. Here is the link: http://www.shelbychildrensfoundation.org/autograph.asp

Stuart

Thank-you Stuart, that seems reasonable. How do you get the seat apart for shipping? Just kidding...... :shift:

Ken

How did you get it off? Any instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Great

Where's the :camera:

did he clear-coat?

i asked a paint shop if it could be done and they said not withoiut sanding and cleaning (which would ruin the signature). please let me know how specifically you protected the signature.

thanks

ron

I am paranoid about the air bag cover, if for some reason it accidentally went off..... poof! I ordered the plate w/ the vin on it, although they look great, BIG SIGNATURE. Very nice

Apple,

I had the same fear; however, if you follow the directions in the thread, you'll have no problems. Just remember to disconnect the negative lead on the battery and wait 10 mins. for it to discharge before working on it. There will be thousands of GT500s and only a few hundred with his signature. Go for it! Good luck.

Stuart

Apple,

I had the same fear; however, if you follow the directions in the thread, you'll have no problems. Just remember to disconnect the negative lead on the battery and wait 10 mins. for it to discharge before working on it. There will be thousands of GT500s and only a few hundred with his signature. Go for it! Good luck.

Stuart

Also watch when actually pulling the cover with the airbag attached away from the dash, the section just below is very soft and you can scratch it deep.

I need help on how to attach pictures, can anyone tell me how...

Also watch when actually pulling the cover with the airbag attached away from the dash, the section just below is very soft and you can scratch it deep.

I need help on how to attach pictures, can anyone tell me how...

Attaching pictures is easy. Here are the steps:

1. Make sure your picture file size is less than 2mb. If they are more, like from a 6 megapixel camera, you'll have to save them in a smaller size format. For the Internet 640x480 is large enough while making the picture file less than 2mb.

2. There a section below this text box titled "Attachments". There's a browse button you'll need to use to navigate to the files (pictures) you created. Hit the upload button. Let it work for a couple minutes until you see that it's ready for another picture.

3. Then his the "add reply" button at the bottom as you did to post this message.

Here is how Carroll signed mine. I just sent it in without any specific request and it came back 4 weeks later like this. I was thrilled to see how large his signature is.

I have been wondering what to use to protect it. I have been told to have it sprayed with clear lacquer.

Thanks emailcm for the assist on attaching the picture. This seems different then when I tried a few months ago, much better.

post-6250-1176869666_thumb.jpg

post-6250-1176869666_thumb.jpg

Just a thought, does anyone know for sure if Carroll Shelby is personaly signing all the things that are being sent to SAI :shrug:

What in the world makes you think that? :rant:

They also provide you with a stamped certificate saying it was when they ship back your item :doh:

All request for autographs go to:

Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation

19021 S. Figueroa Street

Gardena CA 90248

ph. 310.327.5072

Just a thought, does anyone know for sure if Carroll Shelby is personaly signing all the things that are being sent to SAI :shrug:

Why would you even think that? That's like a Shelby with a Chevy motor, it will just never happen! I have quite a few of Mr. Shelby's autographs from many years ago and I personally think that he has more integrity than that to let someone else forge his signature. It's a great thing that he does, giving all of the money to charity and if some of these sports players and alike started doing what he has been doing for a long time the world would be a little bit brighter. We live on a horse farm in FL and my wife is getting involved with a organization called Personal Ponies to help children with disabilities. It's a non profit organization to give handicapped children a pony that they would never have the chance to have. Every little bit counts. I like to group it together with the Shelby and give kids the full effect of the "Pony" car. Sorry to put in the plug for that charity but if it touches one person then it's worth it. http://www.personalponies.org/ Thanks-

Why would you even think that? That's like a Shelby with a Chevy motor, it will just never happen! I have quite a few of Mr. Shelby's autographs from many years ago and I personally think that he has more integrity than that to let someone else forge his signature. It's a great thing that he does, giving all of the money to charity and if some of these sports players and alike started doing what he has been doing for a long time the world would be a little bit brighter. We live on a horse farm in FL and my wife is getting involved with a organization called Personal Ponies to help children with disabilities. It's a non profit organization to give handicapped children a pony that they would never have the chance to have. Every little bit counts. I like to group it together with the Shelby and give kids the full effect of the "Pony" car. Sorry to put in the plug for that charity but if it touches one person then it's worth it. http://www.personalponies.org/ Thanks-

Helping a handicapped child is ALWAYS a good thing. A big Yea for you and your misses for your charity work my friend.

I have Carroll Shelby's signature on a few items. All look the same to me and I photographed him signing the stuff at the time. Carroll Shelby, A REAL CLASS ACT.

Yes, he does.; here is an email sent to me from CSCF which is in California (plus you get a certificate of authenticity):

Stuart-

Mr. Shelby has been out of the office for longer then we have hoped. But he did get in today and was able to sign your air bag cover. We're just going to give it another day or two to let the ink dry before we send it out to you. With that said, it should be leaving the office towards the end of the week and should arrive to you sometime towards the middle or the end of next week.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that we might have caused and thank you for you patience.

Matt

How's that--I'm printing this email and keeping it with the car's records. And he signed it on March 5th the day after my birthday.

Stuart

Wow chill out guys, :redcard: like I said it's just a tought, and I am not saying the money is not going to charity, what I am saying is when we send our money for his sig how do we know for sure that CS signed it himself and not some person that works at SAI.

They can send us a stamped certificate that he signed it, but I'm saying without seeing him do it , we are not 100% sure that in fact that he did. :shrug:

Just posting what could be, I am not saying that is what is happening so keep the flames down guys. :finger:

JMO, peace and have a nice day. :) :happy feet:

Archived