TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Hood Vent Removal???

ati

Has anyone tried to remove the top vents on the KR hood? I have some water spots under the vents that are very hard to get to and it would be a lot easier to clean them up if the vents could be removed without any damage.

I always thought these were not removable; if you can, perhaps try to use something such as instrument cleaner rods that are large metal rods with a slit at the top to wrap the whole thing in a cleaning cloth of sorts. You might be able to sneak in there with something of the sort.

Also, you live really close to me :P

I always thought these were not removable; if you can, perhaps try to use something such as instrument cleaner rods that are large metal rods with a slit at the top to wrap the whole thing in a cleaning cloth of sorts. You might be able to sneak in there with something of the sort.

Also, you live really close to me :P

I not sure if there removable or not. I do know that they snap in but again I'm not sure if the they can be removed without damaging the vents or the hood. I was hoping that someone here could answer this. I'm not going to experiment on my own car, however if there is a proven step by step procedure than I would attempt this. It is possible to spray some detail spray in there and then use a small microfiber towel and a stick to reach the hard to get to spots but you could do a much better job with them removed.

Has anyone tried to remove the top vents on the KR hood? I have some water spots under the vents that are very hard to get to and it would be a lot easier to clean them up if the vents could be removed without any damage.

They do come out but takes allot of care. I do not suggest it unless you really had to do it.

Use a piece a plactic wedge it in between the hood and the vent and pull in back far enough to release the clip(almost have to bow the vent some to do this)

Again its not easy, they do come out but wouldnt chance removing it unless it was a most

I would use a Q-tip to reach the spot you want to get at.

I agree; there are very long, and sturdy, Q-tips available on the market. That and some rubbing alcohol or cleaning ethanol, or anything you want really, should do the trick.

Hope I run into you sometime ;) well....not literally.

I have replaced a few of these but I had a super limited number of spares. 95% of the time the tabs will break and they will not be able to hold themselves in. I think a few dots of clear rtv strategically placed will hold them in and or eliminate the rattle. they are designed to expand and contract with the movement of the hood though.

They do come out but takes allot of care. I do not suggest it unless you really had to do it.

Use a piece a plactic wedge it in between the hood and the vent and pull in back far enough to release the clip(almost have to bow the vent some to do this)

Again its not easy, they do come out but wouldnt chance removing it unless it was a most

Jim, thanks for the feedback on removing the vents. Since we are on the subject of the hood, my windshield washer nozzles pop up on occasion. Does anyone know what holds them down? All I see is a film like material inbetween the nozzles and the hood. I don't see a clip or anything like that.

Jim, thanks for the feedback on removing the vents. Since we are on the subject of the hood, my windshield washer nozzles pop up on occasion. Does anyone know what holds them down? All I see is a film like material inbetween the nozzles and the hood. I don't see a clip or anything like that.

They just snap in, this was a problem from day one with them. There might be a tsb on it.

But anyway just put a little emblem glue on it and snap it back in that will do the trick.

The material you see is a seal/gasket

Well I removed my vents cleaned them up inside and out and replaced them but I will NOT do it again. I was very lucky that I did not damage the vents or the hood.

Like Black Shelby said: "They do come out but takes allot of care. I do not suggest it unless you really had to do it"

Thanks for the info Jim.

Archived