TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Arrival

That's a purdy machine there Steve. Congrats and glad your dream came true.

Thanks guys! I love it! :wub: Now if they only made 20' alcoas with GT500KR on them...... :drop:

The rear spoiler has a bit of a shake on it. .....wondering if it needs tightening or that's the way it is.... how solid are they suppose to be?

If anyone can tell me how to shrink or erase this signature picture, I'd be thrilled.....

The rear spoiler has a bit of a shake on it. .....wondering if it needs tightening or that's the way it is.... how solid are they suppose to be?

I don't know if that is the way it is supposed to be, however, mine is the same way.

Mine don't "shake", so I would think that maybe it just needs tightened up. As far as the wheels go you could probably find someone that could machine whatever you want into the 20". Congrats on your new ride.

Now if they only made 20' alcoas with GT500KR on them...... :drop:

You mean, like THIS?

Phill

post-26522-0-84457200-1337530988_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-84457200-1337530988_thumb.jpg

If anyone can tell me how to shrink or erase this signature picture, I'd be thrilled.....

I think the pic has to be a real small resolution, like 640x480 dpi.

Try resizing and see if that works. Do you know what res your sig pic is now?

Phill

You mean, like THIS?

Phill

I'll take 5 Phil. Where do I send the cheque? I wonder how many sets Robert would sell if they made those? I'm guessing at least 1000 sets. 4000 wheels is a pretty good run, especially if they are still making SS wheels. They'd just have to change the font for a quick weeks run between SS wheels.

Pic is just from my iphone. Put it on photobucket and copied it over. I never posted a pic before. Can't seem to find how to erase it or re-size it on this site or photobucket.

Congrats on your new ride! She's is a beauty. I also have a little jiggle with the rear wing. Nothing major but still noticeable.

I do have the 20" Alcoas on mine; having the GT500KR engraving would certainly be cool. Having said that, while it would have been my preferred option if they came like that from the factory, I would be worried to have this done on existing wheels. If the result is not good, then there is no going back. I think I will keep mine the way they are.

I'll take 5 Phil. Where do I send the cheque?

I only know where that *one* is. And I'm not sure it's for sale.

If I recall, that was one of the Prototype wheels that were on the first KR that Shelby built and Ford Veto'd for 18" Alcoa's.

It got a slight curb rash (or something like that) so it got replaced. Apparently, there were at least 3 more just like it so there is at least ONE set out there somewhwere.

Phill

I wonder how many sets Robert would sell if they made those? I'm guessing at least 1000 sets. 4000 wheels is a pretty good run, especially if they are still making SS wheels. They'd just have to change the font for a quick weeks run between SS wheels.

That's too many.

Since they are forged, that means there's tooling. If there's tooling, that means the tooling cost has already been amortized by the previous run(s). If the tooling cost has been amortized, that means that a re-order would just need to meet MOQ to get the preferred pricing. For giggles, let's say that pricing is $200/ea. based on the (smaller than previous) order quantity. An order of 500 pcs. would yield 125 sets, but require an uprfront investment of $100,000 to manufacture. The questions:

does Shelby think they can sell 125 more sets of an old product?

is it worth investing (i.e. risking) $100k to make $100k?

As much as I'd like a set myself, Shelby would really need to see requests for this item that = perhaps 3/4 of the MOQ to justify the risk vs. reward.

The GT500KR and Super Snake logos are machined afterwards, so virtually no effect on cost to manufacture. If anything it could actually help, because blank rims could sit on the shelf to stay flexible for whichever was more in-demand. Logos could be machined in batches as low as 5 sets.

I think what would make a re-order happen is:

1) the fact that tooling exists and those costs have been already amortized, and

2) depening on changing dynamics within Shelby core product in-relation to the direction Ford is going may force Shelby to rely on requested legacy product for revenue generation.

Archived