TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ilmor's Mustang GT 5.0

ilmor

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered a black 5.0 three weeks ago. Base - 3.73's cloth interior. That's it!

Waiting on a VIN!

Excellent!

• 2 weeks later...

Four weeks after the VIN? :drop:

I got my VIN today - dealer told me 2 weeks....

Funny - you ordered every option - I only ordered 3.73's and stripe delete! :hysterical:

Yeah, 4 weeks. I guess it has something to do with what options are ordered and where it goes on the line, and location with respect to shipping. Who knows?

Every option, yep! Ours will be a luxury GT daily driver!

• 2 weeks later...

Well - so much for Ford Confidential! :hysterical:

LOL yeah, although theres no VIN or similar so it could be any Mustang...

Geez, I must be boring (shaddup Rob!)...I have plenty of fun w/ my SGT 280+\- RWHP. 420 crank HP should really light my fire!!!

Geez, I must be boring (shaddup Rob!)... :hysterical: I have plenty of fun w/ my SGT 280+\- RWHP. 420 crank HP should really light my fire!!!

It sure will.... :extinguish: I'm happy for you Bob.... :happy feet:

Bought a used Boss 302 back in nov 2011 for $38K cash. Just traded it in on a 2013 black 6sp california special with 373 gears with 420hp. Got $39K for the Boss and used the X-plan plus $1000 rebate and $100 doc fee on the 2013 GT/CS.That gave me about $4570 back in cash. The Boss @ 6000 miles had to have the drivers seat cloth replaced. Those seats don't ware well. I had fun with the Boss but never fell in love with the stripes and basic interior and cheap radio with no XM. I had the RECARO seats in cloth and on long trips were a bit much. I never tracked the Boss so really the GT is a better fit for me. You will love the 2013 GT and you still have the SGT for the curvy roads. I really enjoy my 5sp 08 SGT conv with the top down. I think they finally got the 2013 CS design right with the dark wheels and silver stripes lower on the rocker panel. I really like the 2013 Black boss 302 but not for $20K more with cheap interior and no back seat.I know why the basic interior but don't like it. As for the other colors for the Boss not my thing. You can't beat a BLACK GT as the best looking Mustang in my book.They got the rear-end just right. The 2013 Boss LS exterior is a CS with a different grille ,stripes , wheels and no fog lights or side scoops.

post-9597-0-80286000-1344873869_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-94104800-1344874151_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-02647600-1344874272_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-30654900-1344875025_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-80286000-1344873869_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-94104800-1344874151_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-02647600-1344874272_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-30654900-1344875025_thumb.jpg

Today!

Congratulations!! I was told today that mine left Flint, MI yesterday. ETA per the schedule is still 8/15, but I doubt it can happen that quickly. I'm hoping to pick it up Friday or Saturday.

Congratulations!! I was told today that mine left Flint, MI yesterday. ETA per the schedule is still 8/15, but I doubt it can happen that quickly. I'm hoping to pick it up Friday or Saturday.

Ilmor...all I can say is PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES...(please).

How do you sleep at night?

Andy.

Today it is in Ohio on rail car en route to Davisville, RI where it will be transferred onto a truck for delivery to the dealership.

Ruf...I'd say that you'll sleep good tonight with it finally in your driveway, but I know better...not happening!

Looks awesome!! I love how aggressive that new front end looks with the projector headlights!

Sweet Ride! :shift:

Andy.

Ruf...I'd say that you'll sleep good tonight with it finally in your driveway, but I know better...not happening!

Looks awesome!! I love how aggressive that new front end looks with the projector headlights!

Sweet Ride! :shift:

Andy.

Thanks, Andy - its funny - you're right. I tossed and turned last night! I woke up every hour or so! Crazy!

X-pipe/Eibachs/flowmasters installed today! Woot!

Congrads! Last night my kids stayed at the neighbors and my wife was at work. So around midnight I got into the cruising mood and took my car out for an hour. It was great, no traffic, cool outside temp, music from the radio with the constant overjoyfull sound of a sm block. I say if you toss and turn, take some time out and go for a spin!

Archived