TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let the waiting begin! But, am I crazy to trade for an LS460?

I sold my 2011 Lexus LS460 with sport package in order to order the 2013 GT500, and never looked back. Don't get my wrong, the LS is a super nice luxury car, and peppy considering. But honestly, I am just straight up excited about the new Shelby and even though some folks tell me I'm crazy for swapping, I think it will be well worth it. Thoughts?

Your about to enter a whole new world, as far as your question about being crazy, all Shelby owners are a little crazy, in a good way.

Your about to enter a whole new world, as far as your question about being crazy, all Shelby owners are a little crazy, in a good way.

It's So Nice To Be Insane!

Phill

Well, actually, there's a bit more to this that I should clarify. I have an 08 GT500 vert already, but I couldn't bear to part with it. SO, something had to go. Several people have told me that I should have traded the other Shelby, but I figured if I'm going to have one expensive car payment for a daily driver, the new Shelby would be much more fun! The Lexus was nice, but I have to admit that the Microsoft SYNC and techology features are actually better than what the Lexus had. They are getting some nice technology upgrades in their 2013 models from what I hear, but my thinking is - I'm not OLD yet, so why not have a Shelby as a daily driver?? Besides, I carpool with my wife in her car most days, so I'd still only put about 5000 miles per year on it.

You don't need us...you've answered your own question! You're not crazy...you're a Shelby guy!

I think you're right, but I just needed some more validation from some folks that have a better appreciation for these cars. I can honestly say that i'm WAY more excited about ordering this car than I was about buying the LS - no comparision. I'm so excited - I have an order # but no status yet. I ordered the grabber blue coupe with black stripes and all options except glass roof (I figured I'll get less hassle at the track i.e. rollbars, and I like the way the stripes look on the roof) and I can't wait!

Yeah, I love the vert, but the one thing I don't like is the roll bar requirement for the track. I know it's "for my own safety", but I'm referring mainly to the appearance difference and intrusiveness inside the car. So far I've held off on installing one, and with ordering the coupe, I doubt I will ever install one in the vert.

Archived