TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New guy, 2013 on order

terbo

Hello all. I've been lurking here for a few months now, just decided to join up. I put in an order for a 2013 Shelby GT500 on 4/04/2012, Sterling Gray, black stripes, recaro seats, electronics package, and SVTPP. I've been into imports my 26 years of existice but have always loved american muscle. My current car is a 2009 Nissan 370Z, which is for sale if anyone is interested ;). I recently got a job as a vehicle engineer for Ford so, naturally, I have to get a badass Mustang, and what's better than a GT500? Ok, ok, a Ford GT is, but I'm not ready to throw down $125k+ on a car yet. It'll come eventually. Anyways, just saying HI, and that's my story.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has their VIN that orderd on or after my order date? My status is "Compatability and Material Hold", anyone have a clue what that means? (BTW I can check order status at work if anyone is interested ;) )

My status is "Compatability and Material Hold", anyone have a clue what that means? (BTW I can check order status at work if anyone is interested ;) )

Yes, I just went over this with my dealer yesterday. It means the car hasn't been scheduled yet.

When the car is scheduled, you will be given a VIN and the status will change.

Phill

Welcome!!!!!!

Thanks!

Congrats on your decision! Will be interested to hear how you like the car after driving mostly imports... Great color combo btw...

Me too, I'm extremely excited to have some true power on tap. I'm not the only one it seems, quite a few 370Z owners traded theirs in on a 5.0 when they came out. I consider that too a year ago but decided to go all out on a GT500 :)

terbo,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on both your new job with Ford (sounds really exciting) and the 2013 GT500 beast you have on order!!!

Post up some :camera: when she gets in.

Thank you! My new job is amazing indeed. It's the first job I've had that I look forward to going to and can say I love what I do and am making a difference. Also, my good friend, who is a professional photographer, has already said he demands a photoshoot when I get it :D there will be pics a plenty!

Yes, I just went over this with my dealer yesterday. It means the car hasn't been scheduled yet.

When the car is scheduled, you will be given a VIN and the status will change.

Phill

Thanks for clarification. Very excite!

Archived