TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to Shelby and just ordered a 2013 Impact Blue Convertible ShelbyGT500

Hello All I am new To Mustangs and Shelby GT500's. Although growing up, my cousin had an 89GT and then 10 years later a 99 GT convertible Cobra; I never had much interest at all. My fantasy was a Dodge Viper; I just loved the RAW wicked power of that beast. Anyway I am 31 and I am a Government contractor. I am coming from a 2009 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 I had souped up to around 360HP, and it was a fun little rocket 4 Cylinder Turbo and very, very rare.

So I entered a contest for the Exchange New Car Sales for the opportunity to buy a 2013 Shelby GT500 for under MSRP and my name was drawn. Several obstacles threatened to get in the way of what had now become my Dream car since it was announce at 650HP and 600 FT LBS TQ! Financing (Most difficult especially considering I am rebuilding my credit), Delivery (My wife can't pick it up because she doesn't drive manual and I wouldn't trust her if she did), and whether I was sure to commit.

I did get financing (M&T Bank at a great rate!), I can have the Ford Dealership hold it for me for a couple of weeks until I go home on vacation, and I am obviously now ready to commit!

I ordered an Impact Blue convertible with black stripes, Recaro seats, Electronics package, and SVT Performance Package.

They already submitted the order to Ford, but that just happened so I won't get a VIN or Build date until they are ready to give it to me. I wanted the Track pack too, but couldn't get it on the Convertible. I probably won't track it much anyway. I don't really do much with my fast cars on the street, but I like to know I have the POWER. I also have an 2004 SVT Ford Focus.

I can't wait to get this thing. November can't get here soon enough. That is when I take delivery, although the car will probably be built much sooner than that. I hope to keep it a long time and eventually one day give it to my son. I guess we will see!

Glad to be a part of Team Shelby.......Officially in November!

I ordered the same car! Just like the one from the Chicago Auto show, deep impact blue w/white stripes as loaded as I could get it. Can't wait to go cruising with the top down! Welcome to the team dude, your gonna love your car.

Thanks everyone, I never thought I'd have not only a piece of History, but the most powerful production v-8 in the World. This is an AMAZING car, and I am so proud that I am able to get one after my 4 Cylinder Turbo days LOL! I got past that and am ready to move onto SERIOUS power that I can keep a warranty on an NOT modify. FINALLY!

Archived