TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Cal Local Memorial For Carroll Shelby

Denstang65

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully I will have final concrete info. by the end of tomorrow. Mooneyes will be the meeting place @ 10am. I talked to Jenni at the Shelby Foundation and she said that she will let me know if some one will be at the office for us to stop and make any donations/ drop off flowers. Because of the holiday weekend, their may not be anyone there. Just in case, I was thinking we can still drive by and mabey tie ribbions or somthing like that on the fence. Dukes resteraunt is actually upstairs above Sandys on the Beach. Dukes is a little more pricey than Sandys and Sandys is a little more of a casual place. The group rates for both places are handled by the same person. I was told the holiday weekend might make us wait for tables, or we can pay $45 a plate: includes Appietzer, soup or salad, dinner and dessert. If I get us in as a group, we should be able to get in. Again, Sat @ 5pm for dinner. I will find out more tomorrow. I told the Valet that we would like to park our own cars, but we still have to pay $6 for parking. I will need confirmed head counts for the reservations and to get a parking count, so if any one would like to do this, please chime in. The sooner, the better. If anyone has any questions, objections, or even ideas, fill free to let me know.

If I am correct, so far I have:

1.Denstang65 (me)

2 kawwy600

3.CrzyHorse

4.goin2dirt

5.GT500Viking

6.Cobra567

7.32V-SVT

8.UCLAman

9.Leroy

10.Shelby.GT 500

11.Frank S

12.Paulthreestang

I don't think i'll be able to make it. Hopefully they are going to having some sort of a memorial here at Shelby in Vegas to coincide with the event at the Petersen Museum on the 30th.

I'm with you. I'm hoping they will do something as well because I will hopefully be up getting some work done at the same time.

Does anyone want to add the 1042 Princeton Dr. location in Marina Del Rey for part of our cruise? Let me know what you all think? I figured we can go there after Mooneyes and before the Carroll Shelby Foundation Foundation.

I'll machine up something simple in the way of a tribute dash plaque for those who attend. If they come out OK maybe I'll do a second run and donate them to Carrolls foundation and raise a few bucks. As an example here's a little something I made for our 10th anniversary 9-11 Mustang run to D.C.last Sept

IMG00085-20110819-14571.jpg

I'll machine up something simple in the way of a tribute dash plaque for those who attend. If they come out OK maybe I'll do a second run and donate them to Carrolls foundation and raise a few bucks. As an example here's a little something I made for our 10th anniversary 9-11 Mustang run to D.C.last Sept

IMG00085-20110819-14571.jpg

I love it and I would be proud to install it in/on my car! Great Idea!

Hopefully I will have final concrete info. by the end of tomorrow. Mooneyes will be the meeting place @ 10am. I talked to Jenni at the Shelby Foundation and she said that she will let me know if some one will be at the office for us to stop and make any donations/ drop off flowers. Because of the holiday weekend, their may not be anyone there. Just in case, I was thinking we can still drive by and mabey tie ribbions or somthing like that on the fence. Dukes resteraunt is actually upstairs above Sandys on the Beach. Dukes is a little more pricey than Sandys and Sandys is a little more of a casual place. The group rates for both places are handled by the same person. I was told the holiday weekend might make us wait for tables, or we can pay $45 a plate: includes Appietzer, soup or salad, dinner and dessert. If I get us in as a group, we should be able to get in. Again, Sat @ 5pm for dinner. I will find out more tomorrow. I told the Valet that we would like to park our own cars, but we still have to pay $6 for parking. I will need confirmed head counts for the reservations and to get a parking count, so if any one would like to do this, please chime in. The sooner, the better. If anyone has any questions, objections, or even ideas, fill free to let me know.

Love the cruise and all the stops. The dinner sounds like it may be a hassle with the holiday weekend. How about a Bobs BIg Boy or In & Out somewhere so we can hang out in the parking lot somewhere and talk Shelbys, Just an Idea?

Ted

Sounds great.

I like the idea of the stop in Venice at the old shop.

I may not be able to make the dinner however.

Cheers!

Smitty

No problem, the cruise is the main thing. You want me to keep you on the list for the dinner just to save you a spot in case you can?

Love the cruise and all the stops. The dinner sounds like it may be a hassle with the holiday weekend. How about a Bobs BIg Boy or In & Out somewhere so we can hang out in the parking lot somewhere and talk Shelbys, Just an Idea?

Ted

I can change the dinner, any objections to making it a little more simple and cheaper?

I don't think i'll be able to make it. Hopefully they are going to having some sort of a memorial here at Shelby in Vegas to coincide with the event at the Petersen Museum on the 30th.

Yes, there will be a gathering at SA on Wednesday evening the 30th which will coincide with the Petersen event with a live webcast. I'll post more info on the thread in the Mountain Region when I get it.

What about you Paulthreestang, since your the only one that responded about the dinner, does In-N-Out sound good? I think that if it was a good enough place for Carroll Shelby to eat at ( Shelby Bash 2011 ) then we should pay tribute by eating at one? Any one like the Idea, chime in and I will find us an In-N-Out !

What about you Paulthreestang, since your the only one that responded about the dinner, does In-N-Out sound good? I think that if it was a good enough place for Carroll Shelby to eat at ( Shelby Bash 2011 ) then we should pay tribute by eating at one? Any one like the Idea, chime in and I will find us an In-N-Out !

Whatever works for the group I'm fine with. If Inn & Out is easier thats great.

Whatever works for the group I'm fine with. If Inn & Out is easier thats great.

Thank you for compromising Paulthreestang, I think this will be fine.

I just have to hear from Jenni at the CS Foundation today and I will post the final Cruise route and stops with directions by tomorrow night. So to all of you, thank you and remember, the more the merrier!

I like the sound of the plans. As was mentioned, I too am a little concerned about the parking situation at Dukes. Do you think we would all be able to park the cars next to each other (since its a busy weekend)? Can we "reserve" a section of the parking lot? Or could we "reserve" a section of the VALET section for our cars. Hell, maybe they will let us park the cars on the pier in a straight line - ala a show in shine!!! (OK just kidding about that part - LOL!!!)

Forgot to mention, i also like the idea of the plaque! Though, I don't know where I would put it on my car.

Rene

I like the sound of the plans. As was mentioned, I too am a little concerned about the parking situation at Dukes. Do you think we would all be able to park the cars next to each other (since its a busy weekend)? Can we "reserve" a section of the parking lot? Or could we "reserve" a section of the VALET section for our cars. Hell, maybe they will let us park the cars on the pier in a straight line - ala a show in shine!!! (OK just kidding about that part - LOL!!!)

Forgot to mention, i also like the idea of the plaque! Though, I don't know where I would put it on my car.

Rene

I was told by the Valet that there are no garrenties regarding parking at Dukes. The parking lot is owned by the city, so again, no garrenties. Are you ok for In-N-Out?

I am totally cool with In and Out but the In and Outs I am thinking about on or near PCH (seal beach and long beach) have small parking lots. What other In and Out locations are others thinking about? I am up for whatever and wherever. What about a different resturant in Long Beach or closer to Gardena? (stating the obvious here but we need a place with plenty of parking such as at a mall or large shopping center). Just trying to offer some suggestions.

Seems to me In-N-Out is a bit of a Shelby magnet, anyway: last Sunday I was blown away to meet Blown Away and his better half at a local site.

LOL... that actually was my youngest daughter. She may join us for the cruise too. See ya again.

Dan

If I am correct, so far I have now :

1.Denstang65 (me)

2 kawwy600

3.CrzyHorse

4.goin2dirt

5.GT500Viking

6.Cobra567

7.32V-SVT

8.UCLAman

9.Leroy

10.Shelby.GT 500