TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Cal Local Memorial For Carroll Shelby

Denstang65

I was wondering if anyone local here in So Cal would like to gather for a Memorial for Carroll Shelby on May 26th, for those of you who cannot make the San Jose gathering like myself. I thought about doing this by myself, but the more the merryier. If anyone cares to join me, I can call Mooneyes and warn them that we are comming, and mayby see if each one of us can get photo ops of our car in the same garage bay that the first Cobra came to life in. After that have a cruise down PCH and then head over to the Gardena Office where we can drop off flowers, donations, and pay our respects. This is just an Idea I thought of, and with enough people, could be a cool small tribute. Anyone interested, chime in!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for the responses. I will be doing some phone calls today to ask for permission to invade Mooneyes and the foundation office. Keep the responses comming! Again, this was planned on the same day as the memorial in San Jose that our regonal director MM made, only as a subsitue for poeple like myself that cannot make that trip. So if anyone is planning to go to San Jose, don't change it. I will update later today.

It has been a sad weekend for us all. On Friday, we didn’t just lose a racer or car designer, but a family member, a friend and a legend who was loved by all. Although Carroll will not be with us at anymore press conferences, car shows or charity events, his spirit will continue to drive us, the Carroll Shelby Foundation and the automotive world to carry on the great work he has started. We thank everyone for their support and kind words through this difficult time. We are working on finalizing the details for a memorial. Please check back periodically for more information as we let everyone know how we will honor his legacy.

I got a thumbs up from Mooneyes open 9am - 3pm, still waiting to hear from the Carroll Shelby Foundation. Thank you Jenn, please let us know what you guys will have planned.

It has been a sad weekend for us all. On Friday, we didn’t just lose a racer or car designer, but a family member, a friend and a legend who was loved by all. Although Carroll will not be with us at anymore press conferences, car shows or charity events, his spirit will continue to drive us, the Carroll Shelby Foundation and the automotive world to carry on the great work he has started. We thank everyone for their support and kind words through this difficult time. We are working on finalizing the details for a memorial. Please check back periodically for more information as we let everyone know how we will honor his legacy.

Thank you Jenni.

It has been hard on us all but I'm sure more so for those few that worked so close with Carroll. You and your team are in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

Yes, thanks Jenni, Laura and I are going to be there.

I talked with a friend at SA in Vegas yesterday and asked how everything was going there. His reply was "everything was good, the building of cars continues, that is the way Gramps would want it. No stopping us."

It was good to hear spirits are still high at SA and they are trudging on.

Dan

I noticed they are having a memorial the following week and had some questions I wanted to ask SAI. I still would like to do the cruise to Mooneyes and to the Foundation office and then, mabey a cruise down PCH to a restraunt near or on the Beach on the 26th (Saturday). I will keep posting when I find out more.

Which or where is the mooneyes location? Is it the one in Norwalk? I think I'm in for the memorial. I will check back details! Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, you are correct. Mooneyes is located in Norwalk on Norwalk Blvd and Florence. Cannot miss it, yellow building.

What time was this thing going to happen (start at). When you say bonfire, are you thinking late evening? Cuz it dosent get dark till at about 8 pm ish. That also means a layer of dew will set on the car. And we're talking a layer of salty water dew. I'm not liking that idea. LOL!! There are lots of options tho. It depends of what others want to do obviously. I'm game for whatever. Maybe a resturant with an ample parking lot depending on how many people show up. Anyone else what to chime in?

Still trying to contact the Shelby foundation. So far, I was thinking Mooneyes at 10am, possibly the Shelby Foundation around 1pm, and I am going to contact Dukes Sandy Resteraunt in Huntington Beach next to the HB pier. for a dinner around 5pm. Chime in so I can get a head count going. I will ask about parking, how much for individual and group rates. I also made out a route for us to reach each one of the sites. I will post as soon as I get the info. Please chime in if you have any questions or comments.

Archived