TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 Ordered today!

LR 01 Cobra

I ordered my 08 Vista Blue Coupe with white stripes,HID's and Int upgrade today. Filled out the order form. Now the waiting game goes on! LOL

Tim :happy feet:

Congratulations :happy feet: I can not wait to order ours (mine) :headspin:

I ordered my 08 Vista Blue Coupe with white stripes,HID's and Int upgrade today. Filled out the order form. Now the waiting game goes on! LOL

CONGRATULATIONS TIM!!!!!!!!

Hope you dont have to wait over a year like the rest of us!!!

Good Luck!!!

judy

I didn't think the actual 2008 order banks were open yet, are you sure? or did your dealer just take the info for when they do? Did you get a DORA after you ordered?

It's like Deja Vu all over again. :hysterical2:

I didn't think the actual 2008 order banks were open yet, are you sure? or did your dealer just take the info for when they do? Did you get a DORA after you ordered?

I did the paper work so they can order it when the order banks open, I don't think the order banks open until Monday.

Jbahoffman: I've been waiting over a year already, I had a 07 that came in wrong,( LONG STORY) so I refused the car. I told them to put me on the 08 list since all the 07's were spoken for at that time. Not a gamble I knew there was going to be a 08 car. Sooooooooooo I'm kinda use to waiting. LOL

2008 GT500 orders can go into Ford's order banks now. However, pricing does not show up yet, as pricing has not been finalized. And, Ford has not set allocations for dealers yet, so we don't know how many we'll get. Plus, they won't start scheduling for a couple months anyway.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 11:17 AM) 131727[/snapback]
2008 GT500 orders can go into Ford's order banks now. However, pricing does not show up yet, as pricing has not been finalized. And, Ford has not set allocations for dealers yet, so we don't know how many we'll get. Plus, they won't start scheduling for a couple months anyway.

Say Brian, did'nt Ford say that the allocations for both years (07,08) would be same.? I wonder if they are adding production. :headscratch:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 11:17 AM) 131727[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2008 GT500 orders can go into Ford's order banks now. However, pricing does not show up yet, as pricing has not been finalized. And, Ford has not set allocations for dealers yet, so we don't know how many we'll get. Plus, they won't start scheduling for a couple months anyway.

Say Brian, did'nt Ford say that the allocations for both years (07,08) would be same.? I wonder if they are adding production. :headscratch:

John at SVT told me a few weeks ago that the allocation would be the same. The distribution, however, may be different. In other words, the order in which they get them may differ. Some of the smaller dealers that got them late, may get them sooner, or not.

John at SVT told me a few weeks ago that the allocation would be the same. The distribution, however, may be different. In other words, the order in which they get them may differ. Some of the smaller dealers that got them late, may get them sooner, or not.

OK..... Also some dealers have gone under, I know one of the local western NY dealers got a car last year and they are now history. Good news for the others B) How about you Kevin, are you near your allocation yet or are you later in the model year?

Our 2007-8 GT500 contract doesn't specify allocation year on year, but I have heard that allocation may be the same. We've had a couple dealers closed near us over the last couple months, so that gives me hopes of getting some allocation shifted to us from those now-defunct dealers. Ford did give us an "extra" 2007 GT500 last week, so we've got an unexpected car being built later this month (with the red stripe appearance package), so maybe the allocation will get moved around a bit as some dealers close shop.

OK..... Also some dealers have gone under, I know one of the local western NY dealers got a car last year and they are now history. Good news for the others B) How about you Kevin, are you near your allocation yet or are you later in the model year?

I am the 3rd car at a previous SVT dealer. They got theirs last year in late December. I am hoping it comes a little earlier this year as powerlease cars and some of the special purchase cars will not be an issue. However, Job 1 is a little later this year. However, I don't expect as many production delays as they had when first tooling up. (I think I am going crazy :confused: ). I am preparing myself for a Jan delivery and hoping I get surprised.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 03:06 PM) 131758[/snapback]
Our 2007-8 GT500 contract doesn't specify allocation year on year, but I have heard that allocation may be the same. We've had a couple dealers closed near us over the last couple months, so that gives me hopes of getting some allocation shifted to us from those now-defunct dealers. Ford did give us an "extra" 2007 GT500 last week, so we've got an unexpected car being built later this month (with the red stripe appearance package), so maybe the allocation will get moved around a bit as some dealers close shop.

Whats included in the appearance package?????

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 03:06 PM) 131758[/snapback]

Intersting since they wil likely be some of the most unique units (if that matters to anyone). It's always interesting to see the little twists and turns Ford cooks up now and then ;-)

Are red stripes new in '08? If not, wonder if they didn't sell well. Interesting little touches with the red accented cobra pieces ..mats too!

This would look even better, imo, in blue ;-)

Vista Blue is such a gorgeous color, LR! Virtually identical to the '68 Gunmetal Blue (a misnomer for sure) in my avatar.

Can't wait to see how they implemented the HIDs - as a retrofit 9007 plug-compatible lamp or a new integrated design that might give some small insight into the '09 'refresh' or... ;-) :spiteful:

Best of luck for an early allocation!!!!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 03:06 PM) 131758[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Our 2007-8 GT500 contract doesn't specify allocation year on year, but I have heard that allocation may be the same. We've had a couple dealers closed near us over the last couple months, so that gives me hopes of getting some allocation shifted to us from those now-defunct dealers. Ford did give us an "extra" 2007 GT500 last week, so we've got an unexpected car being built later this month (with the red stripe appearance package), so maybe the allocation will get moved around a bit as some dealers close shop.

Intersting since they wil likely be some of the most unique units (if that matters to anyone). It's always interesting to see the little twists and turns Ford cooks up now and then ;-)

Are red stripes new in '08? If not, wonder if they didn't sell well. Interesting little touches with the red accented cobra pieces ..mats too!

This would look even better, imo, in blue ;-)

No red stripes for 08 that show in the order guide.

Stripe colors for 08 show: white, vista blue, alloy, satin silver, and ebony.

What is also strange is that Ford posted the new order guide for 08 and then the next day is way GONE!!! They no longer have it posted! So either it was posted by mistake or maybe they are making changes to it. Will be interesting to see once they get it posted again!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 12:06 PM) 131758[/snapback]

Hey Brian,

PM Grabber tell him I would be willing to trade in my GT/CS for the White GT500 W/Red stripes.

You could suggest it would be a great Mother's Day gift. :hysterical:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 12:06 PM) 131758[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Our 2007-8 GT500 contract doesn't specify allocation year on year, but I have heard that allocation may be the same. We've had a couple dealers closed near us over the last couple months, so that gives me hopes of getting some allocation shifted to us from those now-defunct dealers. Ford did give us an "extra" 2007 GT500 last week, so we've got an unexpected car being built later this month (with the red stripe appearance package), so maybe the allocation will get moved around a bit as some dealers close shop.

Hey Brian,

PM Grabber tell him I would be willing to trade in my GT/CS for the White GT500 W/Red stripes.

You could suggest it would be a great Mother's Day gift. :hysterical:

I would like to change to my order to the Black GT500 W/Red stripes. That looks GREAT!!!!!!

Congrats LR. Of course I am partial to it but,...you will not be disappointed with this combo! Don't know if you've seen one in this comboin person? but pics just don't do it justice.

No red stripes for 08 that show in the order guide.

Stripe colors for 08 show: white, vista blue, alloy, satin silver, and ebony.

What is also strange is that Ford posted the new order guide for 08 and then the next day is way GONE!!! They no longer have it posted! So either it was posted by mistake or maybe they are making changes to it. Will be interesting to see once they get it posted again!

Thanks, ShelbyDude... will be interesting to see if they were just cleaning house or not ;-)

Dan

Archived