TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I hope this seller makes a sale then "chokes on it"

I think the rub is, when someone presents the car as one thing, and in fact it turns out to be not true.

If he sells it for $75k, then I feel really sorry for who ever buys it. But then again, if I'm laying out $75k on a car, I'll know damn sure what the value of the car is. There is no way in the universe that car is even worth $50k, but there is a sucker born every minute.

The dealerships (including the ones I've trashed) I've referred to are ones that slap a stripe kit on it, name it a GT350 and con unsuspecting customers into thinking it's something it's not.

Putting stripes, 20s, a loud exhaust and painting the hood, then charging $45k for a Mustang GT is not being a reputable dealer.

I have no use for those dealerships or people. Right now we are looking for my wife a new car, we looked at the 13's on line, now I have a local dealership that refused to take $5K in cash up front, 2 years in advance when I bought mine, then tried to screw me out of another $500 when I took it in for a TSB, plus trashing the entire engine bay during an oil change, and now they are interrupting my dinner with a barrage of phone calls about me wanting a car....not a chance in hell.

The dealership I bought my GT500 from wanted to dispatch (for free to me) a hauler to come pick it up and make the 115 mile trip back for the clutch TSB. They did it and it did not fix it, so they flat bedded an entire new tranny and assy from Kentucky to Texas, replaced it all, went over my car while it was there fixing any little thing they could, detailed it and changed the oil...and kept it in a secure stall the entire time is waited on the stuff, and when finished, I got a hand shake instead of a bill. That's how dealerships keep business. I bet I've sent a dozen new car sales to them since I purchased my GT500.

I think the rub is, when someone presents the car as one thing, and in fact it turns out to be not true.

If he sells it for $75k, then I feel really sorry for who ever buys it. But then again, if I'm laying out $75k on a car, I'll know damn sure what the value of the car is. There is no way in the universe that car is even worth $50k, but there is a sucker born every minute.

The dealerships (including the ones I've trashed) I've referred to are ones that slap a stripe kit on it, name it a GT350 and con unsuspecting customers into thinking it's something it's not.

Putting stripes, 20s, a loud exhaust and painting the hood, then charging $45k for a Mustang GT is not being a reputable dealer.

I have no use for those dealerships or people. Right now we are looking for my wife a new car, we looked at the 13's on line, now I have a local dealership that refused to take $5K in cash up front, 2 years in advance when I bought mine, then tried to screw me out of another $500 when I took it in for a TSB, plus trashing the entire engine bay during an oil change, and now they are interrupting my dinner with a barrage of phone calls about me wanting a car....not a chance in hell.

The dealership I bought my GT500 from wanted to dispatch (for free to me) a hauler to come pick it up and make the 115 mile trip back for the clutch TSB. They did it and it did not fix it, so they flat bedded an entire new tranny and assy from Kentucky to Texas, replaced it all, went over my car while it was there fixing any little thing they could, detailed it and changed the oil...and kept it in a secure stall the entire time is waited on the stuff, and when finished, I got a hand shake instead of a bill. That's how dealerships keep business. I bet I've sent a dozen new car sales to them since I purchased my GT500.

I don't understand what you are talking about. This is a real Shelby GT-H . Unless I missed something this is not a clone . Dealers were paying $60K when they first hit the auctions for Ford dealers 12/2006.

And they were paying $65-70k for GT500s when they rolled out as well.

I wish the guy the best....and a happy buyer as well.

Yes but there are 40,000 GT500's and only 500 GT-H's in the market.

Just saying not taking his side on this price @ this moment in time

Prices on 2006 GT-H are always high and I have seen many before try to get $50K. The fact that Mr. Shelby passed may have caused some people to increase the price, but that always happens. The Artist Kincaid's painting's were not that much, but when he died last month, they doubled in Value. It happens all the time.

Last month someone on here and at Shelbyfest had a Airbag signed and for sale for $600. I thought that was allot, and Carroll was alive. Wonder what that price is now.

DUBBS,

Sorry to hear that you have to sell, but I get you. I had to sell my SGT-C and 67 convertible to keep the company open.

If you invested in a stock, would you sell it when it is at its peak, or for the same price you paid for it? Remember, some people buy Shelbys that arent emotionally attached. There is nothing wrong with that.

Would you have been a piranha buying Ford at 1.80 because GM tanked? Im not in favor of using a misfortune for profit, but perspective dictates in my mind that this isnt a hurricane recovery where people are selling bottled water for 20 bucks a bottle. Carroll was 89 years old, and lived a great life. Lets not throw jabs because someone is using market trending to dictate a sell time or amount. Buyers determine value, not sellers. If it is worth it, it will sell for it.

I have to sell my GT350 in order to keep my company running. It sucks, but I have to keep 60 people employed. (and not just the 350 BTW).

Am I an asshole if I get 80k instead of 60k?

Real sorry to hear that Warren. Hope things improve for you bud.

Archived