TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Values?

YEAH! How DARE them differ from your opinion!!!

Sheesh,

Phill

Phil, I have to say, I find myself in agreement with far more of your posts than not, but it seems to me like you are speaking out more assertively to those folks about the right to an opinion in this thread only when their opinion happens to be that it lacked respect or was as I said "not cool". If you think everyone has the right to their own opinion (and I certainly agree with that), why would the opinions that it was not a good post count as well?

For the OP, I am truly sorry about the financial difficulty and hope that you can sell the car for enough to help you out of this very tough situation, but it doesn't change the fact that the timing of the post felt disrespectful and not in the best taste...in my opinion anyway. I do wish you the best and hopefully a quick recovery from this.

Phil, in the post where you stated, "you know everyone is thinking it", you certainly weren't speaking for me (and I'd say many others here). I was thinking about the man, his legend and what he has brought to the community and to me personally as an enthusiast....not about values of the things with his name on it. As TheKurgan said, I think it is a respectful tradition to leave that topic alone for awhile. To me, It would be like showing up at a friends funeral and asking what their estate is worth. I've shared my opinion and you've shared yours...no hard feelings I hope.

If folks want to drive up the value of their cars, the best thing they can do is hold on to them. If KR's, SGT's, etc are always available on ebay, etc then of course the value is going to go down. Our best hope is to hold on to them and I guarantee that when people see them and know what they are, they will want to pay alot more money....because....they don't go up for sale all the time. They are special, and things that are special are not readily available.

Phil, I have to say, I find myself in agreement with far more of your posts than not, but it seems to me like you are speaking out more assertively to those folks about the right to an opinion in this thread only when their opinion happens to be that it lacked respect or was as I said "not cool". If you think everyone has the right to their own opinion (and I certainly agree with that), why would the opinions that it was not a good post count as well?

For the OP, I am truly sorry about the financial difficulty and hope that you can sell the car for enough to help you out of this very tough situation, but it doesn't change the fact that the timing of the post felt disrespectful and not in the best taste...in my opinion anyway. I do wish you the best and hopefully a quick recovery from this.

Phil, in the post where you stated, "you know everyone is thinking it", you certainly weren't speaking for me (and I'd say many others here). I was thinking about the man, his legend and what he has brought to the community and to me personally as an enthusiast....not about values of the things with his name on it. As TheKurgan said, I think it is a respectful tradition to leave that topic alone for awhile. To me, It would be like showing up at a friends funeral and asking what their estate is worth. I've shared my opinion and you've shared yours...no hard feelings I hope.

+1000

QSS

...no hard feelings I hope.

Absolutely no hard feelings!

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, including you.

I have more of a problem with *Counter* opinions rather than opinions.

And I surely won't let this hyperbole we call the Internet create hard feelings.

Phill

You can hash around all ya want about KRs, their current prices etc. but the fact remains that they are in the eyes of many the best looking Mustang of all time. I'm in that camp.

Close... but I think that honor should go to the '08-'09 Bullitt...

5317102750_eca1f9ce9c_b.jpg

4307067703_9be2059c51_b.jpg

4106411949_d1ba0dcee6_b.jpg

...but my opinion is a bit biased... ;)

Close... But but I think that honor should go to the '08-'09 Bullitt...

...but my opinion is a bit biased... ;)

Where were your pictures taken? Your sig says CA but I don't recognize that area. I see snow-capped mountains in the background but the road your car is on is higher than them.

San Berdadino Mtn's? What's the place called....Wrightwood?

Phill

Where were your pictures taken? Your sig says CA but I don't recognize that area. I see snow-capped mountains in the background but the road your car is on is higher than them.

San Berdadino Mtn's? What's the place called....Wrightwood?

Phill

Those were three different locations, all North of LA. The B&W (shot on Tri-X film) was taken in an almond orchard near Bakersfield, the one with snow was off highway N2, near the "old ridge route", and the one with flowers was taken near the Kern river. SoCal has so many nice canyons that many people don't know about... I'm always exploring. :)

Archived