TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Values?

With Mr Shelby's passing, does the value for these cars go up? I hate to ask the question, but I listed mine for sale last week, and am wondering if I need to adjust the selling price. I'd hate to sell it if the value will be climbing soon.

Thanks

With Mr Shelby's passing, does the value for these cars go up? I hate to ask the question, but I listed mine for sale last week, and am wondering if I need to adjust the selling price. I'd hate to sell it if the value will be climbing soon.

Thanks

Well I suppose it's a "selling feature" and you might be able to get more. But you'll only get more from a buyer who feels there is some value in owning a Shelby now that Mr. Shelby has passed.

Only time will tell. To bad you weren't selling a couple of months ago, because the was a fellow on here looking to spend top dollar for a perfect (red) 09 KR. I'm assuming yours is perfect. Good luck with the sale.

Why not? You know everyone is thinking it.

Phill

Fair enough, and I wouldn't argue against that Phill. But thinking about it and posting a thread about it before the man has been buried?

I'm still going to roll with Texas on this one, don't care for it a damn bit personally.

If not cool... at a minimum somewhat tacky IMO.

But to each his own.

For my part, I hate to see a helluva guy, a true American icon, lost to time. I don't give a crap what my KR might fetch $$$, but then my sig probably speaks to that. I was always long-term, so ATM I'm more upset over the loss of the man.

Mark

Well I just got laid off, (completely unexpectedly), a year after I bought my dream car, and I hate like hell to sell it. I have a family to feed, and although Mr Shelby's death is sad, I just need to get all I can out of the car so I don't lose my house. It's not like I was hoping for him to die, or am somehow trying to profit from his death. You flamers would do the same with your backs against the wall. I bought it because I love it and to keep it for a very long time, be glad you guys still have yours, while I am throwing up sick from losing mine. I didn't want to go there, but that is my reason,

Well I just got laid off, (completely unexpectedly), a year after I bought my dream car, and I hate like hell to sell it. I have a family to feed, and although Mr Shelby's death is sad, I just need to get all I can out of the car so I don't lose my house. It's not like I was hoping for him to die, or am somehow trying to profit from his death. You flamers would do the same with your backs against the wall. I bought it because I love it and to keep it for a very long time, be glad you guys still have yours, while I am throwing up sick from losing mine. I didn't want to go there, but that is my reason,

I am truly sorry for that guy.

I've been financially clobbered two times in my life really, really hard. Once "business", once divorce. Dark times for sure; I've got plenty of empathy in that regard.

I guess it might have been about approach, man. That is what sucks about the very limited communication provided by forums.

For what it's worth, there are plenty of other sources besides Autotrader for moving a KR.

Perhaps another thread might work? I for one would offer help in any way possible (for what little it may be worth). Let us know what your KR is about, detailed info. Ask for honest "guesses" as to what the car may bring. Be prepared for all sorts of... info. ;)

Again, I would never in a million years kick a guy while he's down. Your approach caught me off-guard.

Hang tough mate.

Mark

I too am sorry to hear about the financial situation you are facing, It's the apporach that bothers me.

Just have a look at flebay and you will find all the greed coming out of the woodworks to capitalize on the passing of an ICON!

Fair enough, and I wouldn't argue against that Phill. But thinking about it and posting a thread about it before the man has been buried?

I'm still going to roll with Texas on this one, don't care for it a damn bit personally.

If not cool... at a minimum somewhat tacky IMO.

But to each his own.

For my part, I hate to see a helluva guy, a true American icon, lost to time. I don't give a crap what my KR might fetch $$$, but then my sig probably speaks to that. I was always long-term, so ATM I'm more upset over the loss of the man.

Mark

Mark,

I can't say I disagree with you on this issue and in fact probably agree more than disagree. But on the other hand, you and I both KNOW it's on a lot of peoples mind. So the guy was the "Simon Cowel" of Team Shelby (e.g. He said what he and many others were thinking, but were afaid to ask or say it).

For instance, yesterday as the news broke I had someone comment to me that the value of my car just took a jump. Not at *I* was thinking that but that's probably more becasue *I* don't ever plan on selling my car so the 'perceived value' of it is moot to me. Do I care if the value increases or decreases? Nope, not in the least. Hell, on paper I've already lost a couple/three of 10 grand (if not more). I have better things to do than worry or wonder about what the value of my CAR is doing.

I just don't see the point in calling his post 'Not Cool' being that I feel EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, including you. Sometimes we need to understand that if I want to have MY opinion (or you, YOUR opinion) we have to let others speak their opinion, no matter how rude or vile we feel it is.

Hell, I knew well before it was posted that Shelby was on his way out regardless of the BS "spin" that certain folks on this forum were giving it but I didn't post it publicaly (I told TWO people privately some of what I knew). I knew Shelby wasn't "resting at home comfortably', with his family, improving daily, etc. but I felt it was his business, not mine and I personally don't feel the need to be the first one on the block to show everyone that I have some sort of 'inside scoop' and post sensitive information like that (the man has/had a family and a family LIFE, fer cripes sake).

I tend to live by the saying, "Sometimes it's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than it is to open it and remove all doubt."

And that goes both ways.

Hey, no harm, no foul. I just wondered out loud why someone felt their opinion was more important or carried more weight than someone elses opinion/statement/question.

Oh, and just FWIW, I saw ADM's on Shelby's increase the second Shelby's death hit the National news yesterday.

Respectfully (and no hard feelings),

Phill Pollard

Just have a look at flebay and you will find all the greed coming out of the woodworks to capitalize on the passing of an ICON!

Has it started already? It wouldn't surpise me if it has.

My Daughter-In-Law worked at a restaraunt in Concord NC called the Italian Oven. Richard Petty, Kyle Petty and Adam Petty frequented it and she got all three of them to sign a work tee-shirt for her when they went in one night. Not too long after that, Adam was killed and she thought about selling the tee. Adam Petty merch went CRAZY on e-bay and she could'a made a small fortune by selling it considering it had all three generations of Petty signatures on it. I told her what I thought about her selling it and talked her out of it. FWIW, she still has it.

My point is, people will capitolize on the death of another in a hot New York second and when the opportunity arises, you can expect the Sharks and Vultures to come out in droves.

I expect the same thing to happen with CS merchandise/items/vehicles and especially with CS *signed* items. There WILL be a feeding frenzy and you can either be part of it, or not. I expect it will last for a month or two then subside.

Personally, I chose NOT to be part of it. Your mileage may vary.

Just My Humble/Honest Opinion (JMHO),

Phill Pollard

My point is, people will capitolize on the death of another in a hot New York second and when the opportunity arises, you can expect the Sharks and Vultures to come out in droves.

I expect the same thing to happen with CS merchandise/items/vehicles and especially with CS *signed* items. There WILL be a feeding frenzy and you can either be part of it, or not. I expect it will last for a month or two then subside.

Personally, I chose NOT to be part of it. Your mileage may vary.

Just My Humble/Honest Opinion (JMHO),

Phill Pollard

Agree.

I too choose not to be part of the frenzy and will continue to drive the wheels off my Shelby.

I don't plan on selling my KR. Don't care if the value goes up or down. If I want to invest, I'll buy stock instead. Having said that, it's tough for me to criticize someone whose financial situation may not givie him any other choice but to sell his car. I bought my '07 form someone who ordered his car in 2005, just after the prototype was unveiled at the NY Auto Show. The guy clearly did not buy the car with the idea of selling it for a profit, but unfortunately went through a divorce less than 4 months after he took delevery of the car. He sold it to me over MSRP, which was the market for these cars then. I didn't mind that he made some money with his car. His personal situation had changed since he bought the car and he tried to make the most of an unfortunate situation. Couldn''t find anything unethical about it then, and this is essentially the same situation here.

Very tacky subject especialy at this juncture.

The car's value is dictated by what a willing buyer, free of duress and a willing seller, free of duress agree to exchange the vehilce for.

Why do you have to ask about the car's value in view of the man's death. Sheesh. Go sell try and sell it and you will know what it's worth.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Very tacky subject especialy at this juncture.

The car's value is dictated by what a willing buyer, free of duress and a willing seller, free of duress agree to exchange the vehilce for.

Why do you have to ask about the car's value in view of the man's death. Sheesh. Go sell try and sell it and you will know what it's worth.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Good post.

The goons who think they have made an investment and can cash in on something that was inevitable will not find a market in line with their foolish expectaions. The opposite is going to be true.

There will likely be a spike in the number of KRs marketed precipitaing a further decrease in value at least in the near term.

Good post.

The goons who think they have made an investment and can cash in on something that was inevitable will not find a market in line with their foolish expectaions. The opposite is going to be true.

There will likely be a spike in the number of KRs marketed precipitaing a further decrease in value at least in the near term.

Good point.

I don't know who/what's more pathetic and disrespectful. The people that do this, the people who buy them, or the people who agree with it.

YEAH! How DARE them differ from your opinion!!!

Sheesh,

Phill

You can hash around all ya want about KRs, their current prices etc. but the fact remains that they are in the eyes of many the best looking Mustang of all time. I'm in that camp.

+1

Agreed. They are kinda like Goldy Lock's porage. Just right. Not too much bling and not over the top. The perfect balance of muscle, handling and looks. The are in my eyes a classy and muscular Stang with a historical hood and killer exhaust note and dripping with Shelby DNA. The last pre title production Shelby Mustang. Period. Thats significant.

You can hash around all ya want about KRs, their current prices etc. but the fact remains that they are in the eyes of many the best looking Mustang of all time. I'm in that camp.

I do agree.

It was a hard decision to buy my '10 with a '09 sitting right next to it. It came down to the 10's bells and whistles for me.

I don't regret buying my 2010 but I sure do wish I could give it the KR look (primarily, the hood since I have the wheels).

Phill

Archived