TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rest in Peace Carroll

VorpalBunny

It is with a heavy heart that we all say goodbye to Carroll Shelby.

I met Carroll at the Terlingua 2008 event during a Saturday evening event line waiting for the dream of an autograph by the man, icon and legend himself. Two days prior my long term dream of owning a Shelby had come true when my 2007 Terlingua was delivered to me at the event registration. Everyone at SAI helped make this happen for me and they were and remain the best people to work with in all ways.

When my turn came at the end of the line, after a long evening no doubt of siging his name and meeting enthusiasts, Carroll listened to me. After what must have been a great effort to give to many in the line before me, I explained owning some of the land on the Terlingua Ranch he once owned. Carroll lit up and asked me questions and became truly animated and exicted, especially considering the hour and after a long night, he choose to give of himself. I will never, ever forget it. I was then and remain now grateful. Carroll promised to sign my car the next morning, and the next morning, true to his word, he came to my car and sat in the passenger's seat and signed her for me. This was priceless to me. Also, true giving from Carroll. Then he did so for the next several hours for every person and car that was there. It took hours and Carroll was there for everyone.

I am so glad to have known you just a little Mr. Shelby. The Terlingua event lives on as a 5013C charity giving to the local community as Mr. Shelby was aware and pleased to hear when I spoke with him by phone at last year's event.

We will continue to give locally here in Terlingua thru the event and to remember the man who inspired us and helped create the cars we drive and love in this place that he shared a love for.

Rest in Peace.

David Elkowitz

That event was truely special for so many. Great words David! I can't wait to honor the Shelby name again this year in Terlingua!

Yes, we have already put into place several meaningful ways to honor and remember Carrolll at this year's event. He is missed, and will not be forgotten..

David

Great story and tribute David! I am Honored to be a Terlingualista and looking forward to seeing you and Reine and everyone in October! :salute:

Michael,

Reine and I feel the same, honored to be part of the event and Shelby family and really looking forward to seeing you and Dale in October!

David

Archived