TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Summit Point Safety Requirements?

stoynbj

Can't find any info on safety requirments for the track days at Summit Point for the upcoming 50th event. They seem to vary greatly from track to track. Would be good to know now, while there's still time to get stuff. Helmet? what spec SA2005, SA2010?, Nomex gloves?, fire extinguisher? how mounted? long sleeve shirts? pants no shorts?, car number decals?, etc.

I am going by what they require for FATT friday events.

Google Summit Point Raceway click on FATY (Friday at the Track) and they have a Tech Inpsection Sheet that you review. If my memory serves me correctly Helmets require SA 2005 rating. I don't remeber any thing about gloves, clothes, fire ext, and numbers.

Per earlier emails from Tony356, the track coordinator I think all this should be covered in the NE Survival Guide due out any day now.

Hope this helps.

See you there.

Jim :peelout:

I'm an instructor for the FATT program, so I think I can answer your question.

For this event, or ANY FATT the rules are the same. As long as you have the standard safety equipment as it comes from Ford you will be fine. There is no requirement for Nomex or fire extinguishers. Shorts and t-shirt are fine. A helmet is required, if you don't own one we have loaners, no charge. Convertibles MUST have rollover protection, ie a rollbar, and can run top down.Ourt tech inspection is really simple, we look for obvious leaks, throttle linkage, and that all safety belts are in place and functional. If you have a race seat and 5 or 6 point belt on your side, you must have the same level of protection for the passenger side.

A number will be assigned when you show up at registration in the morning and applied with shoe polish on the side windows by the guys in tech.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Archived