TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Facebook Stock

SO, who plans to buy any of the Facebook Stock that will soon be sold? Personally, if I ever get ahead I plan to buy some Ford Stock.

http://news.yahoo.com/facebooks-ipo-already-oversubscribed-source-015341988--sector.html

Never buy IPO shares. Unless you're an experienced day trader and have good access to instantaneous trades you'll be better off buying in a few weeks as real market value is determined. The problem you run into on IPO day is the volume of trades by the major allocations swamp your small trades and you get pushed to the bottom. All the money is made when the people with initial allocations sell their shares.

I don't see Ford stock as being a money making stock like Apple. Money to be made on Ford happened during the low period in the economy and the associated runup.

• 3 weeks later...

Never buy IPO shares. Unless you're an experienced day trader and have good access to instantaneous trades you'll be better off buying in a few weeks as real market value is determined. The problem you run into on IPO day is the volume of trades by the major allocations swamp your small trades and you get pushed to the bottom. All the money is made when the people with initial allocations sell their shares.

I don't see Ford stock as being a money making stock like Apple. Money to be made on Ford happened during the low period in the economy and the associated runup.

This guy knows EXACTLY what he's talking about. Glad to see there are other intelligent people out there.

• 2 months later...

This is the simple truth heed this advise!

This guy knows EXACTLY what he's talking about. Glad to see there are other intelligent people out there.

When it comes to FB stock and its falling price, it appears that there are more intelligent people than buyers.

Just look at what Peter Thiel, Facebook Director, did by selling off his shares of FB. Kind of says something when an officer of a company throws the company under the bus. Obviously Thiel has no faith in FB.

Steve

Auto stocks are typically a :nonono: !!

Real-estate David...Real-estate!!

Wifee and I have (including the one we live in) 4 homes...3 in AZ. and the one here in Joysey.

It's good to be a slumlord!! :hysterical2:

:hide:

That was once a safe domain too....i'm getting my ass handed to me here in California...

Re: Stocks, people thought $85 a share at IPO was GOOGLE was nuts....it is $679 a share today...

Facebook may likely pass One billion users this year.... so charge each person $0.01 penny a day ($3.65 a year) and BOOM $ 365B in the bank...

Archived