TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Blue Boss 302 Purchased last Friday

SGT3131

Hi All,

Well, I sold my SGT 3131 to very good friend, Allen, and picked up the boss car Friday afternoon last week. Hoping Allen will join our team shelby so he too can keep up with all that is going on the the shelby world.

It was truly a hard decision to let the SGT go and I can tell you I had seller remorse for a few days but now over that and enjoying the heck out of the boss car. Wife still thinks I'll end up shopping for another SGT within a year. I will have to say they both are great cars. The SGT had the whipple installed and going from that to the na boss is different but a good different.

Boss car is SN 076, grabber blue with the seats and rear-end options. I drove it off the show room floor with 14 miles on it and now showing 301 miles when I got to work today. Can't wait to get the 1000 miles, make the oil change and then drive it like it is suppose to be driven.

Noted the one thing that I do not like about the new boss cars is that the car just sits way too high off the wheels. Reminds me of a pickup truck. Having said that i just finished ordering a set of H&R super sport springs that are suppose to lower the rear by 2.4 inches and the front 1.7 inches. I am told by others that use the same springs they work great with zero wheel interferance even with 20's on their car. I'll post installation along with pros and cons to these once I start the install and at completion of installation of springs.

I tried to attach a few pictures. Hope they made it. Also hope to see some of you at Tulsa in June and see if we can have some fun at Hallet and Tulsa raceway. My SGT has made it several years there so we plan to give the boss car the same opportunity.

Take care All,

-Billy

Yes the Boss needs to be lower like the SGT or Hertz car. I will follow your post on new springs cause that's what I want to do. Keep us up to date and THANKS in advance. The SGT and Hertz cars are the best looking Shelby's on the planet . It was a must have car for me .

Yes the Boss needs to be lower like the SGT or Hertz car. I will follow your post on new springs cause that's what I want to do. Keep us up to date and THANKS in advance. The SGT and Hertz cars are the best looking Shelby's on the planet . It was a must have car for me .

I agree, I have thought about buying the Boss 302 or even the New GT500, but I just can not imagine it would be an upgade in any way to my Shelby GT/SC other than the interior. The Hert/Shelby GT in my opinion are the best looking from the factory in since 1971.

Archived