TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuse Box Cover

That's right. Wendy has noting to do with these parts as these are not restricted items, but rather regular parts that you can order online. I spoke to another customer rep late yesterday. I gave him my ordering number. He double checked and told me that the order was just fine and that the part was available. When I asked to order some other stuff which is restricted, he told me he had to transfer me to Wendy, which he did.

I found the direct link to the fuse box cover web page using key words on Google some time ago. At the time, the page was mentionning that the item was out of stock. For some strange reasons, the search function in the Shelby Store website does not show it.

Maybe the master cylinder cover falls under the same senerio...... let us know if they show up in stock, would you? :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the master cylinder cover falls under the same senerio...... let us know if they show up in stock, would you? :)

The brake master cylinder cap is a restricted part. It is listed on the restricted parts list.

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Unique-Parts-s/125.htm

It is consequently one that cannot be ordered online but only by phone through Wendy, with proof of ownership.

It is my understanding that the master cylinder covers (what few were available) were only offered for the later smaller version master cylinder. Another performance parts vendor offers these exact same covers in both version sans the KR engraving. Hopefully SPP will make these available with the appropriate engravings for all their different models.

Not the cap. The cover.

dsc00266e.jpg

Sorry, I misread your post. I seached for the master cylinder cover several times too. Unfortunately, my seach for this part did not bring the same kind of result as for the fuse box cover. I hope SPP brings it back for both KR model years, and for all other Shelby models for than matter.

The fuse box cover still doesn't show up in SPP search. I do have doubts that this item actually IS available. Is there a chance that when you guys ordered that SPP is thinking you're ordering the non-KR Shelby fuse box cover that is shown in the search and is in stock?

I DO want this cover AND the master cylinder cover (though I have a 2008), my fear is that it is still perpetually out of stock and on hold for ordering.

I rolled the dice and ordered it. The part I ordered had a KR specific part number on the email reciept.

74220-GT500KR Shelby Fuse Box GT500KR Cover 1 $69.99 $69.99

It sure would be great to get the fuse box cover and master cylinder cover. With all the interest, I'm sure Robert would bring these items back unless their supplier forced them to order 5000 units of each. I hope the initial ones they had were not prototypes, after which if they wanted to order more, they'd have to order high volumes.

I would think that even if the manufacturer had a high number of fuse box covers that had to be ordered that SPP could find their own engraver that could engrave the various Shelby models into them. This would allow SPP to provide parts to a wider range of their customer base. This is probably pretty much how the billet coil covers are done that SPP offers I would guess. :spend:

Hot damn gents!

Just got off the phone with Tim at SPP.

Turns out they were doing some inventory work, and they "found a few of these" still sitting someplace! So I think the few of us that have jumped on this will get the KR Fuse Box cover. :yahoo:

FrankB, if we ever cross paths at a Shelby event, appetizers and cocktails on my tab brother. :party:

Cheers,

Smitty

Hot off the press... just ordered the Master Cylinder KR cap on the phone from Wendy at SPP.

Also, she just made my week, as she asked if I had the KR Owners Manual.

Well, had the brake kit and locking lugs, but the manual was gone when we purchased the car new in July '10. So they have some KR Manuals left, and I picked one up. I think Wendy said something like about $24 bucks or so, I didn't hear the number... :sing_rain:

She could have said 100 bucks and I still would have been saying "thank you, thank you, thank you!!"

Get this stuff while you can. This too shall pass.

Take care,

Smitty

Thanks Smitty! Good news indeed, thanks for sharing! My wife and I do get down to San Diego/Palm Springs once in a while for golf, etc. I'd like to take the KR down to Vegas at some point in the future and get a picture in front of Shelby Headquarters....so you never know, I might take you up on the offer.

I'll buy the wobbly pops though if you can come up with a way to motivate SPP to "find" a few more master cylinder covers...... then, the set would be complete!

I just ordered my fuse box cover from Cameron...good service rep. He said they had 4 left in stock...now 3, so if you want one get in there now.

Wow MC!! If they don't make any more, we'll be glad we were able to grab one. Thanks for sharing the info. And Cameron and Tim are the two guys I've dealt with and I agree they're both good guys.

Looking at all the KR goodies from the 2 year run, is it possible that the Master Cylinder Cover may end up being the rarest find of all? Doesn't sound like there were that many available.

For my part, I don't mind seeing SPP provide another run of these KR unique parts to owners. I'd love to have that sexy little master cyl cover. :wub2:

Cheers,

Smitty

I've got an '08 so I guess the master cylinder cover is not in the cards for those of us just yet. Would pay extra for it though...

Why don't they interchange anyway? What is different about the '09 master cylinder? (maybe I should start a new thread or maybe one is already out there.)

Ford changed master cylinders mid year in 2008 to a smaller design.

Is the master actually different, or just the reservoir size? Anyone know if the reservoir is interchangeable between the two?

I wouldn't mind having the larger reservoir on my '09...

Is the master actually different, or just the reservoir size? Anyone know if the reservoir is interchangeable between the two?

I wouldn't mind having the larger reservoir on my '09...

s. I don't think that you would gain anything really performance wise by switching to the earlier model. On another note I received my KR fuse box covers today and they are sweet. Thank you SPP.

Fuse box cover has arrived! Very nice! Thank you Shelby! Thank you Robert! Thanks to the guys on the forum who threw out the alert.

Double sided tape to put this on? Or are guys just pluggin and playin? I see a few slots front and back....so does one disconnect the battery before pulling connections out of the fuse box? Or, are the slots just for clips on the box itself. Thought I'd ask before I make it home and start flying by the seat of my pants. Thanks!

Frank, just remove the top plastic cover of the fuse box and place it inside the aluminum one. The slots in the aluminum cover are for the corresponding plastic pieces on the original cover. Gently just push the two together until they snap together. The piece of rubber included with the cover goes around the edge where the main wiring goes into the fuse box. Hope this helps.

63 fuse box covers sold thus far ?

LOL, pretty rare piece. I wonder how much "Master Cylinder covers" were sold. Remember, only 2009 owners would be able to purchase since they ONLY fit 2009 model year KR's.

Here's what it looks like:

dsc00266e.jpg

I would just LOVE to have one of those!!!!

Archived