TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuse Box Cover

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've enquired about this from SPP and they have told me they don't know anything about these. Sadly, they're probably telling me the truth. I can't imagine I'm the only one that has asked about this and why they're no longer available.

I could be wrong but I think the fuse box covers were part of the Scott Drake parts purchase a while back when Shelby decided to take over the parts business in house. What they had was probably left over inventory that they sold out of. Would be nice to have a new Shelby designed one though for our cars.

I don't know what SAI is thinking.

But I will say this: Disney comes out with their, "limited time only" releases....then they go back in, "the vault". For example, I've seen Bambi out recently with digital updates. Then it goes back in the vault.

SAI is marketing. Just as any other company would. When I bought the fuse box cover, it was clearly stated that they were limited quantities. Now whether that is a marketing ploy, or SAI mfgr's these speciality items as a truly, "get them while you can because this is all there is going to be", I don't know.

It depends on what the philosophy of SAI is. They are either in it to create the buzz and ultimately money, or they are in it to offer what they can, when they can, and then that's it. I'm not saying either one is bad. Although they should standby what they do sell. Another story.......anyway......It's not my company. It's their philosophy going forward and up to them.

If their philosophy is...well....geee....we have now 100 pre-paid orders for the fuse box cover, lets make another run, then press on people!

If their philosophy is....we do what we can when we can to offer these exclusive items but we aren't going back once the run is done....then doing a grassroots effort might not have positive results. But you never know until you try. On initial purchase of the fuse box cover, I did buy it (whether I needed it or not), based on the catch phrase(s) of limited time only, supplies are limited, first come first serve...and so on.

In any event, suffice it to say, when SAI offers these exclusive products in the future, be they whatever they are, if you are remotely interested, you've got to pony up right then and there.

Either this is a marketing game, or SAI is serious in exclusive items being offered in limited quantity. It makes no difference to me. It will only make a difference in moving forward of what I need to perceive as a one and only chance or....well....probably not.....it will come around again despite the ad! Getting together the coin johnny-on-the-spot can be tough. So it would be nice to know that the ad is a marketing gimmick and I can chill until the next go'round.

Personally, I hope ya'll get them! I noticed the pics posted by shelbypt (?) with the overflow tanks being aluminum. Very very nice! There's plenty of opportunity for SAI to come up with exclusive items. If they make 'em, you better get them! But those tanks are expensive...moreso with KR badging, I'm sure! Case in point of having the bank to buy them right then and there....what...about 700-900 bucks worth?

Good luck!

I went back through the threads on this and I couldn't find anywhere where it stated that this was a "limited edition" item. If anything alot of the same people here were trying to get these and were told that these items should be restocked in a month or so. I am disapointed that Sharon or Robert haven't posted a comment on this one way or another. As an alternative, the cover offered by Moroso is the exact same thing, but with MOROSO etched in the front edge. I may just end up with one of these at $40 and have it engraved with my CSM# or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent emails to Robert and Sharon over a week ago concerning what SPP's plans were (if any) about these fuse box covers and have not heard anything back from either one. Now I understand that alot has been going on lately, but I would think that if they did not have time to answer their email then they would have someone that would or at least respond by posting on the TS site. When I email Ford, I usually receive a reply the next day. I don't believe that we're asking too much. All I would like to know, as it seems alot of other KR owners as well, does SPP plan on offering this part again? Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and someone from SA or SPP will comment.

My guess is the more time passes the less KR products we'll see. It's a bit aggravating. I like to know how many of these were offered in the first place. My guess is not many. It's a shame no one from SPP will at least comment.

My guess is the more time passes the less KR products we'll see. It's a bit aggravating. I like to know how many of these were offered in the first place. My guess is not many. It's a shame no one from SPP will at least comment.

+1. Many of us did not buy our KRs new and were consequently not in a position to buy KR products such as the fuse box cover when they were first offered. Same thing with the brake fluid cap that I would certainly purchase if offered again.

Ok, how about the master cylinder cover? The master cylinder reservoir for the 2008KR & 2009KR are different. I have a 2009KR and have purchased both the master cylinder cover, and master cylinder cap.

Gary [shelbypt] purchased the cover at the same time I did but we both did not know about the different master cylinders in our cars. His is an '08.

They will be now!

Agreed on the master cylinder difference 08-09.

Many good things of being able to bring my wife to Peterson. Notably she liked:

-gauge cluster on dashboard

-bang o stang radiator cover

-team shelby windshield logo

There's hope for me yet! Fathers Day is around the corner!

Fia, did SPP offer a master cylinder cover? I don't recall anyone but Morose offering that. Anyhow since Robert has posted and back to topic, what's the story on the fuse box covers?

Archived