TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuse Box Cover

Fia, did SPP offer a master cylinder cover? I don't recall anyone but Morose offering that. Anyhow since Robert has posted and back to topic, what's the story on the fuse box covers?

I purchased it from the Shelby Gift shop when I was out in Vegas. It has "GT500KR" embroiled in the side of it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I purchased it from the Shelby Gift shop when I was out in Vegas. It has "GT500KR" embroiled in the side of it.

Can you post a pic? I think I've given up on SPP and will just purchase the Moroso pieces (they're the same part #'s). I know someone who'll mill/engrave whatever I want into them. It's just bs that SPP won't respond one way or the other. Very poor business practice imo.

Can you post a pic? I think I've given up on SPP and will just purchase the Moroso pieces (they're the same part #'s). I know someone who'll mill/engrave whatever I want into them. It's just bs that SPP won't respond one way or the other. Very poor business practice imo.

Lol....good luck with getting answers from SAI on pretty much anything. I've been trying to get a resolution, with I'm guessing upwards of five unanswered emails sent to Robert, on how SAI would like to proceed on getting the wrinkles on my interior upgrade fixed. Despite everyone seeing the car and saying, "those wrinkles would drive me nuts".

What drives me nuts is people are willing to spend thousands of their hard earned dollars in a down economy, only to be repeatedly blown off by SAI. Be it fuse box covers or problems with work done. The disregard for their core clients is astounding and makes no sense to me. If the fuse box covers are not going to be run again, then SAI should simply respond and put it to rest. And at least be respectful of your inquiries.

I don't care how SAI wants to proceed with my interior upgrade situation.....so long as it doesn't involve Disney touching my car. I've completely lost faith in his company and am baffled as to why SAI appears to stand behind him on overwhelmingly poor workmanship and service after the sale. I don't care as in I have no problem to pay to fix it on my own. I figure SAI would like the opportunity, for their own business model, of fixing this poor workmanship to protect their own name. To date, it's been crickets. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY WANT TO PROCEED. Simple as that. This has been going on since....February I think was the install? Been months and months.

My initial email to Disney was spot on and very kind in the critique of his handling of my car. It was treated with disdain. But I'll bet $100 they learned a boatload on how they should treat their customers going forward. Rather disdain, Disney should have been falling all over himself in thanks that one of their customers took the time to give him critical feedback.

I can only assume that SAI is complicit in agreement in these communications and Disney's elections on how to handle this problem as SAI said that they have been apprised from the getgo of all emails between Disney and I.

Ignoring your core client base is indeed a bad business practice. Baffling.

Well said Terumi71. It's the "we'll just ignore them" attitude that just goes through me that I can't stomach. I wish they would just keep us in the loop. If that's it as far as fuse box covers goes or whatever, then that's it and I can move on. If they're working with another supplier, then that's fine and I'll wait, but by ignoring me then I get the message that I must not be worthy of an answer and that just plain pisses me off. If this is the future of SAI then they won't have much of one.

I just got off the phone with Wendy and heres what she said, as we all know these haven't been available for a year and were a custom order between SPP and the manufacturer. There were only 63 produced! She is contacting Robert to see if something can be worked out to where these can be restocked at SPP. As a side note she also said that Sharon had went into labor this afternoon and that she would be gone for a couple of weeks. Congratulations Sharon! (edit for spelling)

I just got off the phone with Wendy and heres what she said, as we all know these haven't been available for a year and were a custom order between SPP and the manufacturer. There were only 63 produced! She is contacting Robert to see if something can be worked out to where these can be restocked at SPP. As a side note she also said that Sharon had went into labor this afternoon and that she would be gone for a couple of weeks. Congratulations Sharon! (edit for spelling)

If 63 units was a high enough number to justify production then, I'm pretty sure that with the interest shown for the product in this thread, they should be good for at least another run of 63 without problem.

By the way, Congratulations Sharon!

63 fuse box covers sold thus far ?

LOL, pretty rare piece. I wonder how much "Master Cylinder covers" were sold. Remember, only 2009 owners would be able to purchase since they ONLY fit 2009 model year KR's.

Here's what it looks like:

dsc00266e.jpg

Moroso offers a version of the very same cover for both 2008 & 2009 brake reservoir, but it is engraved with the MOROSO name. I'd really like to have Robert's input on this to see if SPP has any interest in offering both the fuse box cover and the brake reservoir cover with the KR logo. I think there would be tremendous interest from other Shelby model's owners to have these offered to them as well with the appropriate. Shelby logos engraved in them ; Shelby GT, Super Snake, etc...

Moroso offers a version of the very same cover for both 2008 & 2009 brake reservoir, but it is engraved with the MOROSO name. I'd really like to have Robert's input on this to see if SPP has any interest in offering both the fuse box cover and the brake reservoir cover with the KR logo. I think there would be tremendous interest from other Shelby model's owners to have these offered to them as well with the appropriate. Shelby logos engraved in them ; Shelby GT, Super Snake, etc...

+1. I would certainly buy both the fuse box cover and master cylinder cover. I'm sure these would be popular pieces other Shelby models' owners too.

I would like to think that with the interest here and the demand all too evident, SAI will do a second run of both. I don't see any point of creating a class distinction in the KR ownership group with some KR's having certain parts and others not. It's a very exclusive club as is and in my opinion does not need to be divided further. If a part is released, it should be available for any KR owner for a time period that exceeds what a 63 piece run would offer. Just my 2 cents. Robert, please re-release these items.

Ah heck while I'm at it, might as well shoot for the moon.....let's get some 20' Alcoa's produced, replicas of the 18's.

2 motivating factors SAI could explore...... pay up front to assess the true demand for any item.... and/or just making a run of an item, holding them exclusive for a time period, say 1-2 years, and than advertising the releasing of the wheels/the caps/ the covers, etc to the general public ..........if KR owners have not bought them out.

That would get us off our wallets.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up 08KR525! I had not received that email. I have now ordered mine also. Thanks SPP for making this item available again. Now, if the master cylinder cover would also be made available, it would be the next item on my shopping list!

Uhmmmmmm......spoke with Wendy......she said there was glitch......no fuse box covers for the KR......you sure you guys successfully ordered one?

I bought mine online yesterday. I received an order confirmation by email yesterday right after my transaction . When I previously tried to buy the fuse box cover before, it was always referred to as being out of stock. No issue yesterday. Here is the link to the fuse box cover on the shelby store website. I will call to make sure.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/74220-gt500kr.htm

When I spoke with Wendy a few weeks ago she didn't know these had ever been available. These were/are not a restricted item. I received an email from SPP earlier this week that these had been restocked. I've placed my order and have received confirmation. I sure hope there's not been a mistake.

When I spoke with Wendy a few weeks ago she didn't know these had ever been available. These were/are not a restricted item. I received an email from SPP earlier this week that these had been restocked. I've placed my order and have received confirmation. I sure hope there's not been a mistake.

The only way I can see them is from the above link, unless im missing something. I sure wish did not have the KR on them I would love to have one.

That's right. Wendy has nothing to do with these parts as these are not restricted items, but rather regular parts that you can order online. I spoke to another customer rep late yesterday. I gave him my ordering number. He double checked and told me that the order was just fine and that the part was available. When I asked to order some other stuff which is restricted, he told me he had to transfer me to Wendy, which he did.

I found the direct link to the fuse box cover web page using key words on Google some time ago. At the time, the page was mentionning that the item was out of stock. For some strange reasons, the search function in the Shelby Store website does not show it.

Archived