TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will the NEXT GT350 please step up?

The Next-Generation GT350  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What engine would you like to see in the GT350?

• V6 SuperCharged
    • 4.6L SOHC (Mustang GT engine)
    • 4.6L DOHC (Cobra Terminator engine)
    • 5.4L
    • 5.4L SuperCharged
    • Other (Specify is reply)
  2. 2. Transmission type?

• 5-Speed Manual
    • 6-Speed Manual
  3. 3. Would you make an automatic transmission optional?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. How many would you produce?

• 10,000-15,000
    • 15,000+
    • Let the market determine it
  5. 5. What body would you use?

• 2007 Shelby GT500
    • 2006 Shelby GT-H
    • 2007 Mustang (V6)
    • 2007 Mustang GT

Since the GT-H wasn't exactly the GT350 that we have been hoping for, maybe it's time that we started to discuss what the next-generation GT350 should be like. How about a new poll for a couple of basic questions of what we would like to see Ford and Shelby build?

OK, I voted for the GT-H body but what I'd really like to see is the GT-H body kit and hood with the GT500 front end. Is that an oxymoron? Front end?

I also voted 5.4 n/a, 6-speed, yes on the auto because not everyone wants to shift (plus it makes drinking coffee and driving allot easier), and make 15K+. I'd like to see Ford produce this car in high quantity so the people that got bent over on the GT500 could actually get one and be happy again. This 7500 cars per year for 2 years BS is for the birds

The looks of the GT-H is nice, although a ducktail would be a nice complement. As for the motor, I would like to also see a 5.4 NA or the 4.6 SC from the cobra!

Maybe they are saving one of those combos for the next Boss or Mach1 .There has to be some distinction between the diff models dont't you think?

I am not one of those people who is dead set on a certain mustang name plate. I just want ford to build the mustang I want and can afford. The GT 500 is sweet but I cant afford it realisticly. I am also the type not to keep my vehicles stock. It would be a shame to tear apart a limited production car.

Here is the car I want to see:

- Steeda suspention (hey if GM uses SLP suspention in SS and WS6 cars why can ford contract out the suppsnetion as well).

- Shaker Hood or Heat Extractor Hood (or even GT-500)

- Functional Chin spoiler

- Functional rear spoiler (duck tailed to produce down force at realisic road speeds)

- Clean 5spoke or 10/split 5spoke rims(what ever size is need to clear the larger brakes)

- Solid Rear Axle (can handle high HP and lower cost than IRS)

- 6 speed (and an auto to help sell more of the car)

- 5.4L or 5.0L 32v Even a 03 cobra w/o supercharger is acceptable, just no run of the mill 4.6 (hp number need to be between 350 and 400)

- 14-13.5" 4piston front brakes and 13-12" 2piston rear breaks

- Mach stereo options

- Rear seat delete option

- Colors: Dark blue metalic, Yellow, dark silver/gunmetal (no light gray/silver please), White, Red, Black

Since the GT-H wasn't exactly the GT350 that we have been hoping for, maybe it's time that we started to discuss what the next-generation GT350 should be like. How about a new poll for a couple of basic questions of what we would like to see Ford and Shelby build?

I agree, the GT-H is more cosmetic flash back then a retro/modern GT350-H. The original GT350 was a SCCA Trans Am series corner carver. Shelby designed it for the Road Course and that is what I would like to see.

Hopefully ford will hear all of us and produce either a Boss or GT350 (or any name its doesnt matter) that is a Road Course ready right out of the box.

5.4 NAT ASP / GT HEADS. 6 SPEED MAN, GT350-H BODY STYLE VISTA BLUE/WHITE OPTION OR WEDGEWOOD GREEN/WHITE :victory:

OH YEA,ALMOST FORGOT 35 - 38,000- COUPE ,MAX

2ND ENGINE CHOICE--4.6 SC

I second that.

I agree, the GT-H is more cosmetic flash back then a retro/modern GT350-H. The original GT350 was a SCCA Trans Am series corner carver. Shelby designed it for the Road Course and that is what I would like to see.

Hopefully ford will hear all of us and produce either a Boss or GT350 (or any name its doesnt matter) that is a Road Course ready right out of the box.

I think Saleen just built the "right out of the box road course car" with the Parnelli Jones car. Only problem is the exclusivity puts the price way out of reach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe the 67 shelby's had center fogs (don't kill me if I'm off a year) but they realized that center fogs are illegal in a lot of states, so they changed the design.

Not sure if laws have changed...

CT, here's a link to a pic.. '67 GT350

and a link to a great front-end shot '67GT350 Front-On

...and possibly this was an early one as you suiggest before they moved them outboard: Early '67 GT350?

Enjoy!

Just make the car lighter and affordable.... what's the big problem!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist...... the challenger will be lighter and a no frills machine ....maybe Chrysler is on to something.....

Have you seen anything on the target weight/cost of the Challenger??

• 3 months later...

Have you seen anything on the target weight/cost of the Challenger??

You are correct. Seems that I want what everyone else does: 6 spd, 4.6 blown w/GT-H body. Now let's hope that "check box" on the option list shows up for the ordering cycle, and that the dealers don't try to :censored: us all over again. I mean, c'mon......they'll need a nap sometime, right? :hysterical:

You are correct. Seems that I want what everyone else does: 6 spd, 4.6 blown w/GT-H body. Now let's hope that "check box" on the option list shows up for the ordering cycle, and that the dealers don't try to :censored: us all over again. I mean, c'mon......they'll need a nap sometime, right? :hysterical:

We can only hope ;)

The next few years sure will be interesting!

Archived