TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok so I figured I'd pass along what I have learned over the past 24hrs. When Ford said they were going to add the Trak Pak this year they thought it would be a big hit??? Well now that Ford has seen the orders that have been submitted and look at all the Trak Pak product they have bought to install, for the most of this month they (Ford) will only be building GT500's with the Trak Pak option. A lot of people do not want this option so Ford needs to use the packages that they have up.

So if I oredred without the track pack does that mean I have a longer wait than anticipated?

If this rumor is true, then yes, it looks like all of us with no track pack may have a longer wait. You may be able to still add it on if you don't want a longer wait--it depends on where the order is in the system I think.

The forums are lighting up with this topic, seems as if it might be true...there is an official email floating around about the constraint on normal oil coolers as opposed to the trak pack ones. My thinking is with the OP, Ford thought everyone would opt for the SVTPP and SVTTP....but many like me dont need that stuff so we saved ourselves the money. The SVTPP wheels are ugly so that was a main reason for passing on it. Track pack i will never use, i dont have time to dedicate to track days. Either way it appears the fully optioned cars are going to be pumped out first then when the supply of parts refills then those of us "lowly base model" guys will get our cars. oh well...i can wait

If this rumor is true, then yes, it looks like all of us with no track pack may have a longer wait. You may be able to still add it on if you don't want a longer wait--it depends on where the order is in the system I think.

I went convertible so I am unable to add it.

I went convertible so I am unable to add it.

I have called and sent an email out as well with this question so time will tell what answer I get. Hopefully I will know something tomorrow

Archived