TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-2013 Super Snake Hoods Now Available from SPP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This totally changed how Badass the car looks now. One other thing is that Shelby has put the windshield washers on the windshield wipers. They didn't say anything and I was wondering where the washers are and just happened to really look at the wipers and they are integrated into them. So they must have put new wipers on. Interested to hear what others will have done.

Go ahead Phil ! You KNOW you want one after seeing 05MUSTANGMAN's excellent looking hood. Yours would look just as awesome!!

-HAWKBARR

YOU FIRST! <lol>

Will you be at FFW?

Phill

This totally changed how Badass the car looks now. One other thing is that Shelby has put the windshield washers on the windshield wipers. They didn't say anything and I was wondering where the washers are and just happened to really look at the wipers and they are integrated into them. So they must have put new wipers on. Interested to hear what others will have done.

Thats cool if they went ahead and just did that for you. I had to pay $50 for my relocation kit from Shelby. Basically cut the stock plastic tubing as it comes out of the passenger side fenderwell and attach new hosing that goes under the black plastic cover where the wipers bolt on. Comes with little gray plastic brackets that you 3M tape on the underside of the wipers and attach the new hosing that comes with the kit. I had to stop at home depot as the provided hose was about 3 feet short. Still waiting on my hood to get finished. He had other things he was painting for Bangastang before he could get to my hood

yeah. I screwed up. When I dropped it off 3 weeks ago he told me he had a few other things he was working on at the time but maybe the following week it would be ready. I told him I wasn't in a big hurry but needed it before I could put on the Kenne Bell I ordered which wouldn't be for about a month from that time. Hadn't heard from him since so I called him 2 days ago and he said he might be able to get it done by this Friday but next week for sure. I'm heading out of town for work through next Thurs so the plan now is to head up to Kenne Bell next Friday morning to pick up my 3.6LC package and then drive back down straight to the painter to have my hood installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home with my car and hood on. The fit ended up pretty good with the exception of the vents. Still no idea how your's went on so nice and flat. Almost as if they added on some bondo or something to flatten out the bottom of the hood prior to painting it. Just took a couple quick pics with my phone. Still have to clean it up. You can still see marks on the bumper from pulling off the stock stripes yesterday. Planning on adding black SS stripes.

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 1 month later...

So Tyler how much did it end up costing you & Lester to get Shelby to do it for you guys? What was the total cost of everything? How long did it take them?

Shelby painted and fit the hood for you? Where did you get the hood vents? Seems yours fit better than 2nd2none's did you get them from somewhere else?

I'm going to pull the trigger soon on a hood, even if I don't paint it until next summer. Tyler has an ATM machine :)

Here is some pics of the underside.

007-3.jpg

006-5.jpg

005-2.jpg

Is that the color the black anodized cooler tanks change color to overtime? Also is that strut tower bar you got the ford racing one? Is there any fitment issues? Anything rubbing? The hood looks bad ass though. Makes me want one.

Also I was debating later down the road getting this hood or the CF trufiber one but why are people going with this one over the trufiber CF one, especially if this one may have fitment issues. Is it just because this is straight from shelby or something else?

Also I was debating later down the road getting this hood or the CF trufiber one but why are people going with this one over the trufiber CF one, especially if this one may have fitment issues. Is it just because this is straight from shelby or something else?

Well the issue with the coolants is known. Talked to Shelby today and getting another set ordered due to manufactures defect. The tanks were not anodized long enough that is the reason they are turning purplish.

The strut tower brace is the Ford Racing one. Same one as used on the KR's. When the stock hood was on it did rub the hood blanket ever so slightly. Had to use spacers under the strut bar to clear the intake. But with the SS hood there is now a ton of clearance.

And I think the fact that it is a Shelby hood appeals to a lot of people. Plus if you really look at the hoods and compare them, you will be able to tell the differences between the hoods.

So Tyler how much did it end up costing you & Lester to get Shelby to do it for you guys? What was the total cost of everything? How long did it take them?

Shelby painted and fit the hood for you? Where did you get the hood vents? Seems yours fit better than 2nd2none's did you get them from somewhere else?

I'm going to pull the trigger soon on a hood, even if I don't paint it until next summer. Tyler has an ATM machine :)

Joe the price of the SS hood itself is $1,500 plus the vents which are $200. It didn't take too long for them to do the work. I would say the best bet would be to give them a call and see what they can do for you for painting. A possible reason they might have got the hood to fit better faster is because they deal with these hoods everyday. Other body shops don't. They did a fantastic job of paint matching even when the car wasn't there for paint matching. Didn't have to blend the fenders or anything and you can look at the hood and the fenders and you can't tell any difference in paint shades or anything. I wouldn't hesitate to get any paint work done there. You should really get to know them up there they definitely know how to treat customers fairly.

Well the issue with the coolants is known. Talked to Shelby today and getting another set ordered due to manufactures defect. The tanks were not anodized long enough that is the reason they are turning purplish.

The strut tower brace is the Ford Racing one. Same one as used on the KR's. When the stock hood was on it did rub the hood blanket ever so slightly. Had to use spacers under the strut bar to clear the intake. But with the SS hood there is now a ton of clearance.

And I think the fact that it is a Shelby hood appeals to a lot of people. Plus if you really look at the hoods and compare them, you will be able to tell the differences between the hoods.

Yes I remember reading that is why that happens. Is this fixed or if I order the tanks in the black finish will this happen to me as well? Ughhh I hate that I saw this thread since I really like the look of the SS hood but because my car is black I'd want a red SS stripe but they don't make it so I would have to get it painted and I don't trust my shop to do that. Plus how does this hood effect the aerodynamics at high speeds?

BTW is your cf radiator cover from trufiber or shelby?

Tyler so you took your hood to Vegas and left the Shelby at home and they still did all that for you and it turned out perfectly? What did they charge you to do the paint and body work? How long did it take them? Maybe Ill get a hood and have it ready to go for Sema!

Yea we took the hood up to them in the truck and dropped it off. They had it for like a week because we went up the following week in the Shelby and it was all ready to go. Joe give Frankie at the speed shop a call and see what they can do for the paint and hood fitting. Plus I'm not sure if their prices for paint and stuff could change.

Also Joe, when you go to Sema, do you have a booth or anything that you can actually display your car at Sema?

Yes I remember reading that is why that happens. Is this fixed or if I order the tanks in the black finish will this happen to me as well? Ughhh I hate that I saw this thread since I really like the look of the SS hood but because my car is black I'd want a red SS stripe but they don't make it so I would have to get it painted and I don't trust my shop to do that. Plus how does this hood effect the aerodynamics at high speeds?

BTW is your cf radiator cover from trufiber or shelby?

If you order the black tanks and this does happen, definitely let them know and they should get it fixed for you because they definitely not supposed to do this. If you really want the SS hood I say go for it. Also you can have any place that is good with vinyl and stripping do the SS stripes you want. I've had the car up to 130 since the hood has been on and I don't even have hood pins on it and there is no hood flutter at all. I haven't felt any additional drag or anything from the hood.

The CF radiator cover is from trufiber. I didn't know Shelby made a CF cover for 2010+.

If you order the black tanks and this does happen, definitely let them know and they should get it fixed for you because they definitely not supposed to do this. If you really want the SS hood I say go for it. Also you can have any place that is good with vinyl and stripping do the SS stripes you want. I've had the car up to 130 since the hood has been on and I don't even have hood pins on it and there is no hood flutter at all. I haven't felt any additional drag or anything from the hood.

The CF radiator cover is from trufiber. I didn't know Shelby made a CF cover for 2010+.

Is this not a radiator cover? http://www.shelbysto.../s5mb-20201.htm Has option for 2010+ shelby.

Hmmmmm I don't think I will risk ordering the black tanks then, I'll just let them be satin. Plus I'm debating on what engine caps to get for the tanks. Idk if I want the plan ss looking ones but instead say shelby on them or those 500 dollar set ones that are different colors. 150 for 3 caps or 500 for 5 caps decisions decisions lol. As far as the SS hood how could I get the vinyl place to make an SS style red stripe? Is that possible? I always thought I would have to go the painted route but idk how that would effect resale value. Same thing with putting an SS hood on my car. I know it would look so unique and completely bad ass to have a black ss looking shelby with a red ss stripe and black alcoas if I can get my hands on them.

Im not seeing the option for 2010+ shelby's there. I see the 5.4 option but that's for the 07-09 GT500's.

Yea any reputable shop should be able to make the stripes that you want. Just show them the design and they should be able to do it. That would look sick with the black SS hood and red stripes. If you want some real quality caps go with the 500 dollar billet and carbon fiber ones. Man those are nice!

We don't have a booth at Sema, You pretty much just park in the giant parking lot for 10 bucks a day. I'm sure there is a way to get your car there to display but I wouldn't want mine there, There are so many people there that everyone is touching your car. Actually I probably wont take the Shelby, but Ill take my truck so I could haul the hood there, and then maybe do like you did and follow thru a week or so later to get the hood put on. We'll see, this is all a butt-load of money. I'm not even sure Id go to Shelby to do it. Maybe Ill use Lucky Luciano's. Hotel rooms and gas and food have to be figured in for the cost of it all. My wife will divorce me if I go to crazy with this car, she really still doesn't get it, but nor do I get the shoe and jewelry fetish she has. :hysterical2:

Im not seeing the option for 2010+ shelby's there. I see the 5.4 option but that's for the 07-09 GT500's.

Yea any reputable shop should be able to make the stripes that you want. Just show them the design and they should be able to do it. That would look sick with the black SS hood and red stripes. If you want some real quality caps go with the 500 dollar billet and carbon fiber ones. Man those are nice!

Yea those were the ones I was talking about. What color for those caps do you think would look nice with satin anodized and black anodized coolant tanks and with all the other stuff under the 13 hood? Also I thought the 5.4 option means 2010+ for the radiator cover? Didn't the 2010-2012 mustangs have the 5.4 engine only? If you click on 5.4 it changes the shape of the radiator cover to ours.

We don't have a booth at Sema, You pretty much just park in the giant parking lot for 10 bucks a day. I'm sure there is a way to get your car there to display but I wouldn't want mine there, There are so many people there that everyone is touching your car. Actually I probably wont take the Shelby, but Ill take my truck so I could haul the hood there, and then maybe do like you did and follow thru a week or so later to get the hood put on. We'll see, this is all a butt-load of money. I'm not even sure Id go to Shelby to do it. Maybe Ill use Lucky Luciano's. Hotel rooms and gas and food have to be figured in for the cost of it all. My wife will divorce me if I go to crazy with this car, she really still doesn't get it, but nor do I get the shoe and jewelry fetish she has. :hysterical2:

My girlfriend yells at me non stop to stop modifying my car :). Its an addiction...... No I just have a vision for my car and its going to drive me crazy till I finish it.

Also I thought the 5.4 option means 2010+ for the radiator cover? Didn't the 2010-2012 mustangs have the 5.4 engine only? If you click on 5.4 it changes the shape of the radiator cover to ours.

Says "Applications: 2005-2009 Ford and Shelby Mustangs."

The 07-10 GT500s all had the same 5.4 engine. 11/12s are also 5.4 but aluminum. The 2 pictures I see would most likely be the Mustang GT cover and the 07-09 GT500 covers. They both only cover the center portion where as the 2010+ cover goes all the way across

Says "Applications: 2005-2009 Ford and Shelby Mustangs."

The 07-10 GT500s all had the same 5.4 engine. 11/12s are also 5.4 but aluminum. The 2 pictures I see would most likely be the Mustang GT cover and the 07-09 GT500 covers. They both only cover the center portion where as the 2010+ cover goes all the way across

Oh I see. I didn't know they all had the 5.4 engine. I thought they started doing that for 2010 thats why it was 540 hp. If they all had the FGT engine then why did 07-09 only have 500 hp?

Yea those were the ones I was talking about. What color for those caps do you think would look nice with satin anodized and black anodized coolant tanks and with all the other stuff under the 13 hood? Also I thought the 5.4 option means 2010+ for the radiator cover? Didn't the 2010-2012 mustangs have the 5.4 engine only? If you click on 5.4 it changes the shape of the radiator cover to ours.

I think the black with CF would look killer!

Joe good luck with having Lucky do it. That's gonna cost you an arm and a leg. The reason I liked taking it there is because they already have the exact paint colors there and don't have to mix and match. You can get REALLY cheap hotel rooms up there now. Excalibur is only like $30 bucks a night and is honestly a pretty decent hotel. And gas could be a little but i still don't think all that plus the work at shelby would add up to what Lucky charges.

Archived