The title says it all.

I saw it posted hidden in a thread.

$1499 MSRP.

Link: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z35-s10m-16612-css.htm

Phill

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really didn't need to see this right now.

Me too....Just when I was trying to stop spending $$$

Just ordered mine!

Damnit!!! I put it in my cart as soon as I saw it but am trying to hold off.

Anyone have a guesstimate on the average cost to prep/paint??

Not trying to spend your money 2sharpie...but I would love to see what that hood looks like on your car. :)

Hahahaha...........I already told my wife I know what my Birthday/Christmas present is. Whether she thought is was from her or me buying it myself...... :headscratch: I just have to find out how much it's gonna cost to prep/paint too......

Anyone have a guesstimate on the average cost to prep/paint??

This is what was posted on the Bangastang website on their hoods.

"When purchasing any fiberglass hood we recommend that you have a body shop that is skilled in fiberglass preparation and painting paint your hood. Many body shops are not skilled in fiberglass and will do a poor job in painting only to blame the product when they have in

affect not properly prepared the hood for painting. A good quality paint job for a fiberglass hood will cost on average between $700.00-$1,000.00. BEWARE of body shops that will paint a hood for $200-$400 they may be using low quality paint, primer, clear coat and may not block sand the hood. Block sanding is MANDATORY before painting a fiberglass hood."

"When purchasing any fiberglass hood we recommend that you have a body shop that is skilled in fiberglass preparation and painting paint your hood. Many body shops are not skilled in fiberglass and will do a poor job in painting only to blame the product when they have in

affect not properly prepared the hood for painting. A good quality paint job for a fiberglass hood will cost on average between $700.00-$1,000.00. BEWARE of body shops that will paint a hood for $200-$400 they may be using low quality paint, primer, clear coat and may not block sand the hood. Block sanding is MANDATORY before painting a fiberglass hood."

That is great info thank you!

no problem guys. A KB 3.6LC kit is definatley happening for me in the next couple months so Ive been on the lookout for a new hood. Cervini is supposed to come out with their 2010+ hoods any day now. ugh, I wanna buy this Shelby hood so bad but but but.....DAMN IT!!!

Hahahaha...........I already told my wife I know what my Birthday/Christmas present is. Whether she thought is was from her or me buying it myself...... :headscratch: I just have to find out how much it's gonna cost to prep/paint too......

Sometimes it's alright to know what your "surprise" gift is going to be! :D

While I like the SS hood a lot...I'm saving my money for the TVS this summer.

I've read posts that the hood takes a bit of prep in some cases...hmm - don't know for a fact how much the paint and prep would cost...but I would expect somewhere around $500 personally.

I just ordered a new hood - black mamba, last week and I was given a price from my local body shop of ~ $800 for prep, painting, fitting etc.

Well, I lasted 3 days. Just placed my order a couple hours ago. When you getting yours 2Sharpie?? :rockon:

Hahahaha........at least you were able to go a couple of days. I'm starting to put some $$$ in my lil' piggy bank......can't jump the gun yet (although I continuously am trying to wear the wife down in buying it for me!!!)

So hood is 1600$ and to paint it 1000$ then the extractors 200$ hood pins 70$ and installing them? Oh and hood stripes are we putting on the Shelby ones and ripping of the factory style 300-1000$, But the look is priceless !

I thought the SPP page said they were $1499.00. Close enough to $1500, unless they upped the price since adding it to the site.

There was a earlier report when the hoods first came out that said the 2010+ hoods INCLUDED the extractor vents and it was only the 2009 and earlier hoods that required the purchase of separate vents. Something about the 2010+ vents being built into the hoods. I think I'd call and check before ordering them, just in case. Anyone got a 2010+ hood on their Super Snake that can check to see if they are removable?

Stripes can be had for SUBSTANTIALLY less than what the factory charges or painted on when you're having the hood painted, for a whole lot less than what painters get for adding painted stripes to a OE or already painted hood.

The hood pins are generic pins so there's absolutely NO NEED to buy them from SPP, unless you want the raised aluminum ones. A Super Snake comes with regular old standard flat chrome plates and pins, nothing special. And I *know* I can get them for a whole lot less than $70.00.

Phill

I thought the SPP page said they were $1499.00. Close enough to $1500, unless they upped the price since adding it to the site.

There was a earlier report when the hoods first came out that said the 2010+ hoods INCLUDED the extractor vents and it was only the 2009 and earlier hoods that required the purchase of separate vents. Something about the 2010+ vents being built into the hoods. I think I'd call and check before ordering them, just in case. Anyone got a 2010+ hood on their Super Snake that can check to see if they are removable?

Stripes can be had for SUBSTANTIALLY less than what the factory charges or painted on when you're having the hood painted, for a whole lot less than what painters get for adding painted stripes to a OE or already painted hood.

The hood pins are generic pins so there's absolutely NO NEED to buy them from SPP, unless you want the raised aluminum ones. A Super Snake comes with regular old standard flat chrome plates and pins, nothing special. And I *know* I can get them for a whole lot less than $70.00.

Phill

With shipping to San Diego my hood came out to about $1670. The page to order the hood states you need to order the vents and hood pins separately. I've been looking at alternatives to the cheap looking hood pins that come with the Super Snakes but it seems they are the only type that easily fit. They have better looking billet pins that a few Super Snake owners have gotten but it takes a little bending of the posts/pins to get them to work. I guess the hoods contours won't let them sit flat. I'm going to start off by just pulling off my stock stripes and see how I like it. If I put stripes back on I'll be getting a Super Snake style set done

Just got word the hood is scheduled for delivery on monday afternoon. According to Fedex tracking the hood is coming from Murrieta, CA.

nice. I talked to a guy at Shelby today who contacted the manufacturer about my hood and he was told that mine is next up to be shipped out. Sounds like these are made as orders come in.

According to Fedex tracking the hood is coming from Murrieta, CA.

Hmm. Anyone know who in Murrieta would be making hoods?

From what I know, they used to make the SS hoods in the Prison right by Shelby LV.

Which may be why they were having so many problems with fitment.

Phill

How did you find out about the delivery? Did Shelby get you tracking info for it? If its from Murrieta, thats only about an hour north of me and I would've got my friends truck to just go pick it up. Just looked at the Hulst Customs website and they sell parts for the Super Snake F150 but don't see anything for the GT500s

Well fedex called to setup freight delivery for me and gave me the tracking number. You might be able to get your tracking number if you call fedex and give them your name and address. But I will take pics of the box and hood soon as it arrives.

Archived