TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-2013 Super Snake Hoods Now Available from SPP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine about 2 hours ago. Same deal. Fedex called couple days ago to setup the dropoff and its from Hulst Customs LLC in Murrieta, CA. Have you started the prep/paint yet? I won't have a chance to get mine to the shop until next Friday and I have no idea how long its going to take them to finish it

• 2 weeks later...

No I haven't been able to get it to the shop yet. Hoping to take it on Wednesday.

Just checking to see how the progress is on your hood. I borrowed a friends truck and dropped my hood off at a shop on Friday. Going back tomorrow morning to have him fit it and then he'll start the work.

Same here. Dropped my hood off last wednesday and am taking the car up on wednesday to have it put on. Am praying the fitment is good. Didn't have a chance to get it pre-fit before dropping it off. Supposedly these new hoods fit a lot better and that's what took so long getting them out. So I'm hoping they do fit very good. Also I don't think I am going to put the hood pins on. I was told by Shelby that the 2010 hoods have gone up to 170MPH without and dancing of the hood. So if the pins are not necessary I won't have them drill into the hood and radiator cover. You might want to see about that also, unless you really want hood pins.

So hopefully by next friday I should have some pics of the hood installed.

You might want to call your painter asap and hopefully you catch him before its too late. I just got back from test fitting my hood. The gap on 1 side was about 1/4" while the other was about 1/8". He said when hes finished and we go to install it he can drill out the mounting bracket holes a little to give us room to adjust the hood. Luckily I brought my vents with me. They don't quite fit in the vent holes in the hood. He's going to have to make the holes a little wider so they fit. I'd say they're about 1/8" to narrow. Probably cut them open about 1/4" wider since there will be a layer of paint also. This I'm assuming would be a pain if the hood was already painted and then I found this out. Also, they don't sit flush on the bottom so will probably need to put a couple layers of double sided tape in the middle of the brackets and 1 layer on the top and bottom that already contact the hood. He gave me an estimate of about $550 which is great.

My Trufiber hood fitted perfectly without any adjustements like a piece of cake.......

why the SS hoods cant make the same?

I keep wondering the same thing.....

Phill

And as much as I like the SS hood look, that is why I am sticking with the Tru Fiber KR style hood. The reputation for ill fitting hoods appears to be correct. That is really too bad, as it is a REALLY attractive piece.

It is on!!!! It looks absolutely amazing! Completely changed the look of the car and looks SO much more aggressive now.

010-1.jpg

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks awesome............I guess I know what the wife needs to get me for my birthday this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

No they just said it went on real good. I guess not a whole lot of work was needed. As long as it looked good I was totally happy with it! When is yours supposed to be done?

When I originally dropped it off he said maybe a week but I haven't heard anything since. Can you post up a pic of the underside where they attached the vents please? wondering if they just extra stacked the 3M tape in the middle of the rails to form into the contour of the hood

011-2.jpg

This just makes me want one MORE.

Mine is Kona Blue & White. Yours looks like it has silver stripes.

Who did your stripes?

And what was the final cost to get the hood prepped and installed, not including the cost of the hood?

Phill

When I originally dropped it off he said maybe a week but I haven't heard anything since. Can you post up a pic of the underside where they attached the vents please? wondering if they just extra stacked the 3M tape in the middle of the rails to form into the contour of the hood

I will take some pics of the underside and post up some pics tonight.

This just makes me want one MORE.

Mine is Kona Blue & White. Yours looks like it has silver stripes.

Who did your stripes?

And what was the final cost to get the hood prepped and installed, not including the cost of the hood?

Phill

702 graphics in Vegas right near Shelby did the stripes. Only took them like an hour to get them done. I think im going to have the front bumper resprayed and then have them restripe that as well.

702 graphics in Vegas right near Shelby did the stripes.

On Speedway Blvd.? Where in relation to Shelby are they?

Phill

Yeah. after 14k miles you know its just got a few pits here and there. would love to have the whole thing nice and new.

That would be cool. I've been fortunate with mine...about the same mileage and it's only got one minor nick in it. Now my previous car....UGH! It looked like the surface of the moon!

On Speedway Blvd.? Where in relation to Shelby are they?

Phill

Yep right on Speedway. Its actually right next to the Richard Petty driving experience and the dune buggy rentals. I was told they do a lot of the striping for Shelby and carbon fiber overlay. They have a really nice shop and have a bunch of graphics and decals for Shelby in their shop. They also do a lot of the graphics for some nascar teams and off road racing trucks. check out their site 702graphics.com. Very impressive. And what's great is if your getting some work done their, you can walk around the corner and go get something to eat at the raceday cafe! lol

That would be cool. I've been fortunate with mine...about the same mileage and it's only got one minor nick in it. Now my previous car....UGH! It looked like the surface of the moon!

I probably could have kept it looking flawless but the car has had a lot of trips from az to cali and las vegas. thats where it really gets beat up.

Archived