TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-2013 Super Snake Hoods Now Available from SPP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan on pulling my stock Satin Black stripes and seeing riding around for a week to see how it looks with the stripe delete. If I put stripes back on I'm going with the Super Snake style. It just doesn't seem right to me with LeMans on the SS hood. You can check out Alex's car on ebay with the SS hood and LeMans stripes. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280877835247&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_24869wt_1140

Just got word the hood is scheduled for delivery on monday afternoon. According to Fedex tracking the hood is coming from Murrieta, CA.

Hmmmm... :headscratch:

I work in Murrieta. I wonder who is making them? I know MAC and BBK are out of Temecula, which is next to Murrieta.

Dan

My concern with going with super snake stripes is getting a set that is accurate.

If I'm correct, supersnake stripes are 12 inch in the middle, 1 inch space on both side then another 1 inch stripe?

Talk to Mrfarmdog on these forums. He makes these. His come precut but I've already talked to him about just giving me long pieces for the hood since the SS hoods don't have the center vent like the stock hoods. I also have a glass roof so won't need the roof stripes. He also has lettering templates to replace the SHELBY letter on the trunk lid that you have to remove to replace the stripes.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/64173-matte-black-super-snake-stripe-on-2011-gt500/

If I'm correct, supersnake stripes are 12 inch in the middle, 1 inch space on both side then another 1 inch stripe?

I think that is correct...Well, I *know* the 1" gap and 1" side stripe is correct but I was thinking the center was 14" wide, not 12.

I believe it was Robert M. who posted a photo of a SS stripe with a ruler showing the exact dimensions. I also know on a 2010+ with the single hood vent, the SS stripe matches the hood vent dimensions. You might have to see one to understand what I mean. Measure the center portion of the vent and you'll know if it's 12" or 14".

Phill

Your right, it's 14" wide. Sadly I think the 2010+ stripes are bigger. I'm going to e-mail farmdog to see what he says.

I just measured my 2010 hood vent and it's 14-1/2" between the two raised ribs. Each rib is about 1/2" wide so a 14" center stripe with a 1" gap and a 1" outside stripe would perfectly match the vent design.

Which is the same dimension as the Super Snake stripe......

HTH,

Phill

Well the hood has arrived! The hood was packaged very well and the corners were protected very well. There was no return address or anything listed on the box except for it saying Shelby Made in the USA. Another little interesting note, on the top left corner there was a number 0005. I'm wondering if that means it was the fifth one made and shipped out or what. But here are the pics. One corner on the box was dented a little but had no effect on the hood.

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

Well the hood has arrived! The hood was packaged very well and the corners were protected very well. There was no return address or anything listed on the box except for it saying Shelby Made in the USA. Another little interesting note, on the top left corner there was a number 0005. I'm wondering if that means it was the fifth one made and shipped out or what. But here are the pics. One corner on the box was dented a little but had no effect on the hood.

Looks like a really nice finish. Now for the fit.

With all of the prior fitment problems of the past '10+ SS hoods, I am VERY interested in hearing how it fits right from the Mfgr.

I had talked myself out of buying a SS hood but now after seeing yours, the thought is back in my mind!

Phill

Yea I'm still wondering about the fit too. Haven't fitted it. I'll let the paint shop do that. The quality seems very top notch and the hood even unprepped is very smooth. So doesn't look like there will be a TON of prepping needed.

So doesn't look like there will be a TON of prepping needed.

My thoughts exactly. Which is why I'm leaning more towards buying one now.

After all the horror stories with the old hood, I talked myself out of it.

Back in,

Phill

If I'm looking at the pics correctly - the hood pins are not necessary and there is no pre-drilled locations for them????

I know Alex has the SS hood on his 2010 that is for sale and I don't see any hood pins in his. I don't believe any of them came pre-drilled with locations to install to them. I bought the normal SS hood pin set from Shelby and it comes with these little bolts with a point at one end that you install in the mounting location in the engine bay. You slowly close the hood and these pins leave marks on the underside of the hood for where to drill the main holes. There are a nicer looking billet hood pin set but they aren't listed as being a great fit on the SS hood although some have made them work. I figured I love the way the Super Snake looks so the hood pins they use will be good enough for me. Figured it would be easier to install before painting the hood so I already bought the set

I know Alex has the SS hood on his 2010 that is for sale and I don't see any hood pins in his. I don't believe any of them came pre-drilled with locations to install to them. I bought the normal SS hood pin set from Shelby and it comes with these little bolts with a point at one end that you install in the mounting location in the engine bay. You slowly close the hood and these pins leave marks on the underside of the hood for where to drill the main holes. There are a nicer looking billet hood pin set but they aren't listed as being a great fit on the SS hood although some have made them work. I figured I love the way the Super Snake looks so the hood pins they use will be good enough for me. Figured it would be easier to install before painting the hood so I already bought the set

Thanks for the info. I planned on not using them if I didn't have too. If I did, I wanted to powdercoat them black to go with the rest of my "theme" if you will, of blacked out emblems. Now I just need a location to hide the hood from the wife when I decide to order it!!

Same here, I love the look of the Super Snakes so I'm not too worried about the hood pins being on there. I had a fiberglass hood on my 05 GT and at speeds over 65mph that hood would dance around like crazy. Don't know if that would be an issue with the Super Snake hood though. I just feel safer with hood pins on a fiberglass hood.

And for anyone on the fence about ordering on because your worried about the quality, order the hood you will definitely not regret it. Really impressed with the quality so far. Just cant wait to get it painted and installed. And unless you put the hood on yourself, if you plan on transporting it to a body shop, you better have a big bed on your truck. The box is about 6' 3" by about 5' 4". Big box.

Ok I just went and looked at it again and there is no hood mat or heat blanket whatever you want to call it included with the hood. So I'm not sure what they do about that or if a hood mat just isn't needed.

Think I rememeber seeing pics and reading that the Super Snakes come with the underside of the hood sprayed with a textured black paint. Kind of like a Rhino Lining but I'm sure not as thick and heavy

Think I rememeber seeing pics and reading that the Super Snakes come with the underside of the hood sprayed with a textured black paint. Kind of like a Rhino Lining but I'm sure not as thick and heavy

It looks like bed liner to me. You don't have to spray it thick, that's just how Rhino Liner does it.

My bed was done by Pro-cote and it looked just like the underside of a Super Snake hood.

I'd put money down that it's just bed liner spray or trunk liner spray (which you can get in aerosal cans).

Phill

Thanks for the quick response. The washer nozzles on my 2010 are mounted on the back of the bottom of the hood...just behind the rubber seal.

same, mine are mounted in the same place. I ordered the Shelby nozzle relocation kit that attaches them to the wiper blades. Super Snake owners said this works great. I almost never use my washer fluid so I may end up not even using this kit and just deleting the whole thing

same, mine are mounted in the same place. I ordered the Shelby nozzle relocation kit that attaches them to the wiper blades. Super Snake owners said this works great. I almost never use my washer fluid so I may end up not even using this kit and just deleting the whole thing

Hi 2nd2none. I'll have to find a pic of the blade mounted nozzles...just out of curiousity.

I'm the same way...I don't use the washer fluid that often - Not sure about your state..but I would think that the car would have to have a washer system for safety reasons to pass inspection in my area.

I purchased the Trufiber SS fiberglass hood one week before the SS hood were sold by SPP.......It fit perfectly without any adjustments being done........so now I am working with the designer guy to install some stripes on it. The aluminum vents were CF done. This hood is air functional. The preparation and paint cost me $1K. Included the 2013 grilles installation ad the hood pins installation. This is going to be installed next week.

post-33685-0-32578300-1337955781_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-32578300-1337955781_thumb.jpg

Archived