TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is 2013 the last or will there be a 2014 662 HP car??

I am planning on a '14 being built. I figure they will be giving 'em away like the '12s. I'm hoping for a GT500-R or the like. 700+hp, factory roll bar (even in the vert) etc. might as well end the series with a big bang!

Joe

That won't happen. The 13 is the big bang for this model run. The shelby will continue on into the redesign. But as people said it may take a 2 year break like it did in 2005. I really doubt that will happen but who knows.

That won't happen. The 13 is the big bang for this model run. The shelby will continue on into the redesign. But as people said it may take a 2 year break like it did in 2005. I really doubt that will happen but who knows.

Very unlikely that Ford will spring for a power increase and all the recertification crap involved for a car that will be an extremely tough sell by that point even with the inevitable rebates/incentives. The pool of willing, capable, buyers for the GT500 at these absurd pricing levels will dry up quite rapidly. Leftover '14s could easily be priced 10 thousand or more below current MSRP levels to clear the market in the future.

Archived