TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Eibach Pro-Street S (how to adjust ride height??)

good morning.. does anybody here have any experience adjusting the ride height on a GT500 wearing the shelby/eibach pro-street s kit (available on 40th anniversary, super-snake optional)? i had my fronts installed by the local ford dealer awhile back. now i want to lower it just a little more than they did but can't figure out how to do it. also can't believe there are no clear instructions offered by eibach or shelby on the web. after fudging with it for several hours this past weekend it appears that the spring perch and locking ring were already at their lowest position (sitting on top of the bracket that connects to the shock to the sway bar link). however, the vehicle has a good 1-1.5 inches between the the tire's edge and the fender. i have seen plenty of photos of equivalent GT500s with much less space than that. anybody have any idea? only thing i can figure is there must be another adjustment for these coilovers that should be done BEFORE they are put on the vehicle, which provides the maximum amount of adjustment you can perform using the rings once ON the vehicle?

• 3 weeks later...

You can get shorter springs and then bring the collars up - call up Eibach and tell them the numbers on the side of the spring - there is a series of numbers that break down what spring you have- (i.e.=0700 means its a 7" long spring 0250 for a 2-1/2" diameter and lets just say 0200 for a 200/lb rate spring) They do make different lengths , stiffness, and diameters. The collars / locking rings are your height /corner weight balancing adjusting points.

• 1 month later...

Archived