TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Twin Black Vert 40ths

Nice! What happen to the front splitter on the one to the right?

Too embarassed to say - tho it will be replaced this week...it does give it a different look for sure.

He said something to me about hating my Pirelli's! ;)

I should say - you're going to LOVE my Toyo's...

Wow. twins..... :drool: they have some very good roll cages on the East Coast, I have heard that they are much faster than West Coast roll cages :speedie:

:redcard:

The twins do look pretty flipping cool together. :victory:

• 2 weeks later...

John, the first thing I thought of when I saw your car was "4x4", still looks cool though lol.

Yeah - the Toyo R888s have an aggressive pattern that I'm not a big fan of - tractor tread comes to mind. But these tires hook-up like no other that I've tried. 2nd gear sticks - and with over 800hp. I can remember breaking loose in 3rd accelerating thru 75mph with those damn Pirelli's. 1st and 2nd - forget it - they were like driving on ice. The other down side to these Proxes - there's only 2 20" sizes available - and you're looking at them. The 315/30s fit the rear 20x11 rims just fine. Tho the 285/35 on the front 20x9s are just a bit too wide for my taste. Tho in this case - I'll take function over form...

Yeah - the Toyo R888s have an aggressive pattern that I'm not a big fan of - tractor tread comes to mind. But these tires hook-up like no other that I've tried. 2nd gear sticks - and with over 800hp. I can remember breaking loose in 3rd accelerating thru 75mph with those damn Pirelli's. 1st and 2nd - forget it - they were like driving on ice. The other down side to these Proxes - there's only 2 20" sizes available - and you're looking at them. The 315/30s fit the rear 20x11 rims just fine. Tho the 285/35 on the front 20x9s are just a bit too wide for my taste. Tho in this case - I'll take function over form...

I hear you on the Pirelli's!

If I ever widen my rear rims or otherwise change tires/rims I'll be looking for something other than those ice skates.

See you guy's at Carlisle!

Archived