TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H frame markings

I recall seeing some chatter about signatures/initials on the frames of some of the hertz cars...

I got mine up on the rack last month, and found these three...

The "BH....." is on the passenger side middle of the rail

The "R2' 06" is on the drivers side, middle of the rail

This last one is on the oil pan.

AJ, any input?

BH_frame_sig.jpg

R2_06_frame_sig.jpg

oil_pan_sig.jpg

sweet,

bh - bud mahony ? i don't know how to spell. the others aj i am not sure but i think he has the proto type terlingua for sale. not sure if thats the same guy?

and r2 no clue..

Correct, AJ is the guy with the protoype Bunny car...and he was at SAI during the the Hertz builds...so he may know who BH is.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after three oil changes I have found my frame markings. As most of you have posted mine was in the same place,right front frame rail. I didn't find any others but will continue to look.

Recently had the car on our lift for Brake duct and grill installation and noticed on the passenger frame rail "D Maze" was written.

Any info would be Greatly appreciated!

Signed Framed Rail

Recently had the car on our lift for Brake duct and grill installation and noticed on the passenger frame rail "D Maze" was written.

Any info would be Greatly appreciated!

Maze was an Hertz employee who inspected the GTH cars before they were shipped to the Hertz Rental locations.

Steve

Maze was an Hertz employee who inspected the GTH cars before they were shipped to the Hertz Rental locations.

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve!!!!

Archived