TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shifter

wanted2b

Need some feed back on which shifter to buy for the 2012 six speed?

Thanks in advance.

So you are not happy with your factory ford Racing shifter ?

Or are you trying to get rid of the grind issue I see some members posting about ?

• 2 months later...

So you are not happy with your factory ford Racing shifter ?

Or are you trying to get rid of the grind issue I see some members posting about ?

My 2012 is kind of hard to shift between 1st and 2nd (1000 miles now).

Overall this new 2012 is hard to shift from neutral to 1st and from neutral to reverse, but those are less of a pain than from 1st to 2nd...because you're already moving... :-)

I wait and pull gently on the shifter while fully depressing the clutch and giving some gas but it takes a while and a double "click clonk" 2nd gear engagement feel and noise.

I was wondering if going to an aftermarket shifter like the one installed on the 12' SS would help? And if changing oil would also help some more...?

• 2 weeks later...

My 2012 is kind of hard to shift between 1st and 2nd (1000 miles now).

Overall this new 2012 is hard to shift from neutral to 1st and from neutral to reverse, but those are less of a pain than from 1st to 2nd...because you're already moving... :-)

I wait and pull gently on the shifter while fully depressing the clutch and giving some gas but it takes a while and a double "click clonk" 2nd gear engagement feel and noise.

I was wondering if going to an aftermarket shifter like the one installed on the 12' SS would help? And if changing oil would also help some more...?

Mine also has 2 clicks as it engages second. You can even feel it with the motor off just sitting in the garage. I just figured thats the way it is.

Archived